It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't see this every day...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Suranwrap200

Yeah - although I was thinking it may have been a blue laser pen rather than a flashlight? Either way a definite fake...or Zorgons
edit on 7-5-2012 by OliverNorthsCat because: Added 'Or Zorgons'

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think the first video is a hoax.. it looks like someone is behind the camera person with one or more LED flashlights and we are seeing the reflection in the window glass.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It looked to me as if flashlight trickery was taking place and we shouldn't rule out the authors skillful ability to handle a torch, dimming would be a skill trained in this trickery.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I can produce a similar effect in Adobe After Effects.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
To me it looks like a laser. If some one was to bounce a high powered laser off the clouds people would see it for hundred miles. I think a 10 watt laser would be more than enough power. Is it a laser? I do not know but is is something to think about.
When he is in the house it could be light on a window but when he goes outside that is no longer a possibly.

Ball lightening?
Laser?
CGI?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That first one was an obvious hoax to me. It looks like he goes outside but he's still behind another window. He has blue LED lights that you can see light up the whole window. I can even tell someone is waving them around with their hand the way they move.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

The ball-lightning produced in the lab immediately falls to the floor. If there was a hole in the floor I'm guessing it would fall through the hole hitting the floor or whatever was beneath.

SO...... Why does the so-called ball-lightning in the sky float around going up and down and sideways and not dropping to the earth?

Or does it act differently outside of a lab, or if it's created naturally, or ?????

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ball of lightning is entirely possible. I'll try to explain it in the best possible manner.

When lightning strikes, it usually gives off two flashes. Those two flashes are in fact a sending and receiving bolt.
Due to Earth charge in a certain area and the clouds charge, these two meet at a middle point.

But this all depends on the time of day. For the day, the clouds act like a solar panel, gathering energy and concentrating it to a single point.

But at night, the Earth is the one that has the charge.

But to put it simpler clouds and the Earth act like a capacitor. Once a certain charge or it has enough energy, it goes off, releasing all that energy into photons and electrons. The photons give off the light (Harmless) and the electrons give off the heat (Dangerous, even for someone that has learned of soft particle physics.)

Now, lightning balls, now that I've told you what makes lightning lightning.

Lightning balls is lightning that is suspended in the clouds and is giving off the energy within the clouds. Similar to when lightning strikes ground but this time it's in the clouds.

The basics of it, is that in the clouds, same Earth-like gravity is produced and causes it to form a void. This void causes the lightning to gather and soon enough you have a ball of plasma going off.

I hope I've answered your question on "what the heck is it?"

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
Motion tracking is slightly off.

Look at the light that stays for a few seconds on the top right.

I'll place 50 on CGI. (without even looking at the guys AE tutorial!!!)

It's all in the detail.

Bingo.
lol

and WITH his tutorial, I'll say it's prob. 99% CGI. lol

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

That was by far the coolest video i have every seen ,and ive seen them all! great work,the man seems very excited about it as i would have! looks legit to me!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Go to the guys page, he's into after effects and making films...Dead in the water..

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
FAKE PLEASE REMOVE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you pause when the light is about to come up you can see a reflection in the glass BEFORE the
Flash in the clouds.
Come on people Help me, Help you from preventing ATS Post Disasters..
This is a great example..
When your watching a UFO video always:
1)Watch in slow motion if you can.
2)pause the frame with the ufo and see if you can find pixel distortion or another editing artifacts.
3)WAKE THE FU#$# UP and take everything with a huge grain of salt on here.

Peace,
JZ

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

i have to admit, i think that the first video is truly amazing. thanks so much for posting. human origin maybe so. but if it is, they have kept it very well hidden from public knowledge.

edit: well apparently people that are more educated than i am say it's fake. i've seen a real ufo, so when fake ones are put up on youtube it really pisses me off, because there really are real ones.

edit on 8-5-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

I'd have to imagine wind and such would have an effect on where it goes, no wind in the lab. Just my 2 cents.

As for the video, i'd call fake just because of the ufo spoofing tutorial, HOWEVER! I find this thread interesting because i have never heard of ball lightning before. I remember going to a client once and he told me that his house was struck by lightning the night before. He showed me the area and we were talking about how odd it was because it was at the very bottom of his garage door, it blew out the other side and was scorched all around, but was od because it was so low, i wonder if that was caused by ball lightning.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The wall inside lights up significantly enough, but yet the outside roof tops and clouds are not lit up.

When he goes outside.. the light is so bright.. again the clouds and roof tops remain unlit.

I'm taggin it as a hoax..

Umm.. more interesting is why did 38 ppl flag it???
edit on 8-5-2012 by Willbert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have zero clue what that is, I dont think ANY of the renown scientists here on ATS know anything either.... Very cool clip anyways.... My guess, ALIENS

edit on 8-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
The wall inside lights up significantly enough, but yet the outside roof tops and clouds are not lit up.

When he goes outside.. the light is so bright.. again the clouds and roof tops remain unlit.

I'm taggin it as a hoax..

Umm.. more interesting is why did 38 ppl flag it???
edit on 8-5-2012 by Willbert because: (no reason given)

probably because its an interesting clip and by flagging it you are bringing attention to the rest of the ATS community..... Ive seen much stupider threads get flagged here on ATS... Atleast this one is interesting..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOriginalJZ

If you pause when the light is about to come up you can see a reflection in the glass BEFORE the
Flash in the clouds.
2)pause the frame with the ufo and see if you can find pixel distortion or another editing artifacts.

Peace,
JZ

Now take a deep breath and relax, this is only ATS...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOriginalJZ

Flash in the clouds.

Peace,
JZ

Why should the entire thread be removed simply because the video is deemed fake? I indicate in the OP that the YouTube user who posted it has a After Effects UFO tutorial on his page, so everyone here should be taking that into account right off the bat. In my opinion, that fact all but demolishes the credibility of the video. What is worthwhile in this thread is not the video itself, but the educational value in watching ATS members react to it. The discussion here is very telling about the mindset of those on the Aliens and UFO forum. Let me tell you - it doesn't paint a very flattering picture.

PS - Easy on the exclamation points there, buddy. Anything more than three in a row and you run the risk of looking like an ass. Peace.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Orkojoker because: ps

edit on 8-5-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2012 by Orkojoker because: cuz

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

thats nothing more then a very bad attempt at cgi in the video... BUT!
at least its another culprit we have found who posts videos that are fake and pretends they are real.
edit on 11/5/12 by justjoemusic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join