It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't see this every day...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So, what exactly are we looking at here?

Here is some video purported to be of ball lightning. Possible?

Here's the YouTube page of the person who posted the video. On YouTube since 2010 and nothing UFO-related until now.

Unusual to say the least.

EDIT: On closer inspection, there IS something UFO related on his YouTube page, and it's an After Effects UFO tutorial. Nothing to see here. Keep moving.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Orkojoker because: realized video is likely fake

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Wow....that is interesting to say the least.

Ball lightening? Not any I've seen before.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

First I thought it was somebody flicking a flashlight on and off behind the camera and we were seeing the reflection in the window. Then one appeared to slowly fade on the cloud. So, I dunno. Thanks for posting.

The ball lightning made me wonder: What is lightning made of? I thought it was just lots of electrons. Yes? No?
edit on 5/6/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/6/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I liked the part where the guy goes

AHHHHHHHHHH

WTF..

That is interesting, going to see if my graphics program pulls anything up.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
In the first video, the lights appear to be further away from him than the barn/shed in front of him, yet the lights clearly illuminate the side of the shed facing him. The lights are behind him, probably a reflection on a window.
(After he moves to another window)

2nd is a natural but not understood phenomena.
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

That was pretty cool. Definitely looked like static discharge of some type.

Des

edit on 6-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have no idea what the f that is. So, you get a star and flag, because those are definitely UFOs.

Are they aliens? I don't know. But that is certain an object I can't identify, flying, so those are UFOs.

Thank you for sharing. This is why I love ATS, it always has some cool stuff like this on it. This video is certainly one of the best I've seen.

Edit: I also like how you didn't go straight to the little green men route, but offered the ball lightning video for comparison so as to have a analytical assessment of the video. Just a real good job all around on not making assumptions and providing video evidence of the situation.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: Should've finished my thought the first time, but I realized I didn't give all props where they are due.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

2nd is a natural but not understood phenomena.

Not knocking your post, understand that. But your above reply drives me nuts about the ball lightning phenomenon. If it's not understood, which it's not, then how can ANYONE claim that it's natural?

It could be that the static electricity in the air uncloaks a UFO....not saying thats what it is, but it's a possible explanation.

edit on 6-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Because it's been observed so much, but we don't understand exactly how it's made.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

Because it's been observed so much, but we don't understand exactly how it's made.

And that's my point. Not sure how it's made, yet people always say it's "natural".

How do we know that?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

First I thought it was somebody flicking a flashlight on and off behind the camera

Exactly what I thought. Then when the camera went dark I was thinking it was even more hoaxy. Looks like the lights are legit, but don't know what. Cool find though. Hardly ever flag this kind of thing, but you got one. If it's fake, it's awesome, if it's real it's better. Even if i is just lightning at a weird angle sure looks cool.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

reply to post by amongus

And that's my point. Not sure how it's made, yet people always say it's "natural".

How do we know that?

Because it appears from clouds as normal lightning would. It's a lot more plausible to conclude that it's natural rather made made by aliens of which there are zero evidence of, for an unknown reason in our atmosphere when there is a storm.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

lightning is actually made of the fourth state of matter: plasma.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

How do we know that?

Because it appears from clouds as normal lightning would. It's a lot more plausible to conclude that it's natural rather made made by aliens of which there are zero evidence of, for an unknown reason in our atmosphere when there is a storm.

UFOs also appear from clouds as lightning would. I didn't say ball lightning was aliens, my point is that since it is unknown, ufos are also a plausible explaination.

You are missing my point. But I don't want to continue to derail the thread here.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Ball Lightning Ball Lightning is a rare phenomenon described as a floating, illuminated sphere that occurs during thunderstorms. It may move fast, slow or stay stationary, it may be quiet or produce a hissing or crackling noise, it may pass through windows, last from seconds to minutes, and disappear slowly or suddenly either quietly or with a loud bang. No definitive photographs have ever been obtained of ball lightning nor has any plausible scientific explanation been found for it to occur. Therefore, its existence remains questionable and is currently given the same scientific credibility as UFOs. Furthermore, many ball lightning reports have been found to be nothing more than power line arcs and other unrelated events.

stormhighway.com...

If you go to this site, and it's legit, You will see descriptions and photos of all known lightning.
There is none of so called Ball lightning

I saw 2 flashes like what is on the first film It was a clear sky night and was not a plane or 'copter..
No sound and was at somewhere around 10,000 feet.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

Ball Lightning Ball Lightning is a rare phenomenon described as a floating, illuminated sphere that occurs during thunderstorms. It may move fast, slow or stay stationary, it may be quiet or produce a hissing or crackling noise, it may pass through windows, last from seconds to minutes, and disappear slowly or suddenly either quietly or with a loud bang. No definitive photographs have ever been obtained of ball lightning nor has any plausible scientific explanation been found for it to occur. Therefore, its existence remains questionable and is currently given the same scientific credibility as UFOs. Furthermore, many ball lightning reports have been found to be nothing more than power line arcs and other unrelated events.

stormhighway.com...

If you go to this site, and it's legit, You will see descriptions and photos of all known lightning.

I saw 2 flashes like what is on the first film It was a clear sky night and was not a plane or 'copter..

Ball lightning, swamp gas....all bs explanations.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

stormhighway.com...

Ball lightning, swamp gas....all bs explanations.

Aren't you being a bit hypocritical there? How can you come to that conclusion when you don't know?
There's a lot more evidence to support those explanations than what you believe in.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

How do we know that?

Because we've made some in the lab: Click

Harte

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by amongus

How do we know that?

Because we've made some in the lab: Click

Harte

I have some reading to do! Thank you.....

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Hmmmm....assuming it's not a hoax (which I'm not, necessarily) but if it's real, then my first thought was that it looked like someone was playing with a giant laser pointer in the sky.....Which leads me to imagine that it could plausibly be just that. A military test of a large laser device.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join