It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get anything you possibly want

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Cyberwraith98
reply to post by Destinyone

I got happiness and everything I want believe it are not your thoughts attract everything in your life

For 20 years my thoughts have been trying to attract a winning lottery ticket. Guess this idea of 'Think and Get' must take some time, eh?

How often do you actually buy a ticket ? Remindes me of an old joke about the man who kept praying to win the lottery. He was complaining to a friend one day about how he prays and prays but he never gets his prayer answered, when he hears a small voice inside his head whisper. "Aaron, buy a ticket"
edit on 7-5-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by yadda333

Its not what successful movie I have made it is what successful movie I am making and I know it well be a hit but trust me when I go to my premier and walk the red carpet in Hollywood the only thing I have to thank is the law of attraction.It has got my book heard of and I have a movie producer that makes horror movies such as the exorsism and he was a friend of mine I never even new he was a producer we went way back to high school and one day I get a phone call and we talked and he really liked my book that well soon be in stores and he said he wanted to make a movie out of it and said I can get about 40 million dollars if he lets me do it so by this Christmas it will be underway of being made.

You're a writer? You have a book? That was published ? Boy you must have the hardest working editor on the planet !

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Its not what successful movie I have made it is what successful movie I am making and I know it well be a hit but trust me when I go to my premier and walk the red carpet in Hollywood the only thing I have to thank is the law of attraction.It has got my book heard of and I have a movie producer that makes horror movies such as the exorsism and he was a friend of mine I never even new he was a producer we went way back to high school and one day I get a phone call and we talked and he really liked my book that well soon be in stores and he said he wanted to make a movie out of it and said I can get about 40 million dollars if he lets me do it so by this Christmas it will be underway of being made.

Could you please tell us the name of this book?

I have 3 novels in a series ranging 70k-95k word count each, that have not been published because I'm not interested in self-publishing, preferring instead to go the more traditional route.
The Traditional route requires a Literary Agent.
Literary Agents aren't exactly easy to secure as far as representation.

Using your own posts as examples of your writing style, and facility for language, please, could you tell us who your Literary Agent is, who your Editor is, and also the name of your Publisher?

I know how much I've spent on working with an Editor. How much have you spent?

Tell us about the Publishing contract you signed too. How much of an advance did you get vs. percentage of royalties for what volume of a first print run?

In regard to getting your work made into a movie, perhaps you could also name the interested producers, who's lined up as a director, and what studio is doing the filming?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well I want Zak Bagans pretty bad, but if I do anything crazy, all I'm gonna get is a restraining order slapped on me

I do, however, believe that if you think positive, you will attract positive. I may not get Zak Bagans (sigh) but I may end up with a man that's quite similar to him in many ways.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

Will I'm glad you cant wait for the movie!!!!! If your lucky I might get you a ticket

So you answer me, yet don't answer any of the others questions.

I think your movie will be worse than "Birdemic".

Look it up.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yes but if I want those things I have to already have them my friend.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

My book well be out hopefully some time Aug. Are perhaps July and until I finish I'm aiming for it to be In stores Christmas.Daneil Myrick is the producer of this movie and is friends call him chip, do I need to go any more in depth, perhaps even tell you how he got his nickname?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

So how I come to understand this,your jealous. You don't even know what its about, who the producer is and yet you say it well suck when you don't even slightly begin to understand any thing about the book or the movie.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Obviously this formula cannot work for everyone OP.

I am sure that NOT ALL of the Jews that died during the holocaust thoughts were focused on attracting death and torture.

I am not saying that it does not work for you and many others JUST that it must have it's limits.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberwraith98

Yes, you DO need to go into MUCH more detail. I asked for names, and you ignored all my questions.

What is name of your book?
What is name of your Literary Agent?
What is name of your Editor?
What is name of your Publisher?

What is name of the Producer for movie?
What is name of Director for movie?
What is name of Studio for movie?

Further:
How much did you get for advance on Publishing contract with Publisher?
What is % of royalties you get on Publishing contract?
How many copies of your book will be printed on the first run under contract?

Additionally, what is your book about? The simple 3 sentence query letter description sent to Agents and/or Publishers to query representation would be sufficient.

Until you can name these names and give these details, with respect, your story does not hold much validity, if any at all since, for one, from your posts here, you don't write like a writer due your seemingly lack of usage and understanding of some of the conventions and rules of the trade.
We thus require a great deal more detail.

If you do not give these details, in light of the skill or more so lack of skill you've demonstrated in writing here, in your posts, we would thus have no recourse but to suspect you are lying.

For instance in your response here:

My book well be out hopefully some time Aug. Are perhaps July and until I finish I'm aiming for it to be In stores Christmas.Daneil Myrick is the producer of this movie and is friends call him chip, do I need to go any more in depth, perhaps even tell you how he got his nickname?

Your grammar, spelling, and usage of punctuation is totally wrong. As highlighted in red, you should have used the word 'or'. You can't even spell Daniel Myrick's name properly.

So how I come to understand this,your jealous. You don't even know what its about, who the producer is and yet you say it well suck when you don't even slightly begin to understand any thing about the book or the movie.

In your response to amongus, above, you started a sentence with 'so', which is a big no-no, and the first sentence you use is a run-on. Not only that, you used 'your' instead of 'you're'. Additionally, the sentence structure wording is totally off.
The second sentence is also a run-on sentence with misspellings of the word 'will' the segmentation of the word anything into 'any thing', as well as no comma usage where commas could and should have been used.

These are just a few examples out of at least a dozen I could have picked out from the two quotations I've illustrated above. In essence, if you are a writer, you have NOT demonstrated even minimal proficiency. Your demonstrated skill, or lack of it, as far as writing goes, is equivalent to some homeless bum on the street making claims of being a Billionaire.

I could, of course, be wrong, but, hopefully, with respect, you can understand where I'm coming from with this criticism since you haven't given us an adequate or convincing demonstration of proficiency in writing such that we can really take your word for it.

If you are indeed publishing, and also, additionally have a movie deal, then, good for you. Until such time as you answer all the questions above, however, many of us feel your story lacks verisimilitude.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by Destinyone

I just click my heels 3 times together while chanting....my dog will stop shedding....my dog will stop shedding... Des

What will happen is, years from now, you'll have a dog that doesn't shed. A poodle or a shihtzu or something similar.

The universe delivers on it's own time, and sometimes I think the universe has quite the sense of humour....

No, what will happen is years from now your dog will die and quit shedding.

The universe delivers on it's own time, and sometimes I think the universe has quite the sense of humour..

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The book is bad jack.
My publisher might be Penguin ( in the U.K) are amazon,they are comeing out with acually publishing paper books soon.
I'm not finished with making a deal with Daneil Myrick he is wrapping up a movie in Canada,we haven't even met up yet all I know he said it was a 40 million dollar idea if I keep on writeing as good as I am.
and if it gets on amazon they well tell me the editors name when it is done,they usually work in teams but I'm not sure how it works with the paperback book though because they aren't done yet.I have a book comeing out on amazon you can read to see how I actually right it is called waypoint its under the kindle singles. Are it well be as soon as they release all the new singles witch wont takenthat long, perhaps I can email you when it is out and you can read it and tellneveryone about it

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

In other words, you are self publishing under Amazon.

That makes much more sense, because, anyone can self publish anything through Amazon without actually ever having to adhere to any rules or conventions in writing.

You are self publishing. That says everything right there.
Well, good luck with that.

You've some hard lessons ahead, I suspect.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

The book is bad jack.
My publisher might be Penguin ( in the U.K) are amazon,they are comeing out with acually publishing paper books soon.
I'm not finished with making a deal with Daneil Myrick he is wrapping up a movie in Canada,we haven't even met up yet all I know he said it was a 40 million dollar idea if I keep on writeing as good as I am.
and if it gets on amazon they well tell me the editors name when it is done,they usually work in teams but I'm not sure how it works with the paperback book though because they aren't done yet.I have a book comeing out on amazon you can read to see how I actually right it is called waypoint its under the kindle singles. Are it well be as soon as they release all the new singles witch wont takenthat long, perhaps I can email you when it is out and you can read it and tellneveryone about it

Just trying to read ONE of your sentences is hard enough. I really feel for your editor.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Cyberwraith98 is self publishing through Amazon.

Self Publishing = No Editor ...
unless Author shells out some extra cash for one.

Some established, properly published, through proper Publishing houses writers I know spend anywhere from $3000-$8000 on Editor before the work goes to Publisher where the Publisher print editors then have their own say.

Even Rock-Star Authors who've published dozens of best sellers will dump a couple thousand $ into an Editor before the work goes to Publisher.

Writing a novel is the easy part. Getting it from there to a publisher, unless you self/vanity publish is a great deal more difficult, at least going through traditional routes.
Not many, if any, proper writers, Agents, or Publishers 'count' self publishers as actual published writers since anyone regardless of skill and experience, or lack of it, even a grade school child, can self publish without any approval or review from anyone.

There's actually a fairly ludicrous scam in play with some self publishers working through Amazon where they essentially hammer out total nonsense without care for any rules, set in some huge pre-school font, then name the title something very similar to another work that is an actual legitimate work, and also use a pen name similar to the legitimate work's author.
Many people will then purchase the fraud, and wind up getting some thin scrap of a poorly written pamphlet that is not at all what they were expecting.
There's been some controversy regarding this.
Essentially, there's no checks or balances or regulation regarding self publishing.

You could write a 20 page internal monologue titled 'The smell of my own poop and what I think about it', and self publish it through Amazon tomorrow, or tonight without any single other person reviewing the material to see what it contains, if anything.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

you couldnt slap a butty together

slap you silly

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

thats all you do though

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

That's were you are wrong. Amazon reads about 10000 singles every 3-6 months and only picks one hundred to be put in the store and they do have editors that get a share of what you make on the market.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That's were you are wrong. Amazon reads about 10000 singles every 3-6 months and only picks one hundred to be put in the store and they do have editors that get a share of what you make on the market.

Whatever happens with your self publishing venture, I highly recommend you spend as much $ as you have on an Editor, because, you don't even know how to spell. You do know the difference between 'were', 'where', and 'we're'?

Your posts here show very little if any understanding regarding punctuation, or sentence structure.
You've demonstrated to us that you can't spell, or even write properly.
How can you possibly expect anyone to take you seriously if you can't even demonstrate understanding of simple basic-level spelling, and grammar?

I know children that are 10 years old that write better than anything you've demonstrated here in any of your posts. That's not meant as an insult either, but a concern and illustration of the skill, or lack of it you've demonstrated.

From Amazon's self publishing option Create Space: Create Space

Getting started is quick and easy.
Simply follow these steps and you'll be on your way to self-publishing success!

Visit CreateSpace.com to sign up for your free account.
Submit your content.
Select your sales channels and start selling!

Self-publish and distribute your books, video and music on-demand through CreateSpace - get started now

There's nothing there about having to go through the strict requirements of real publishing and quality control to even the slightest degree.
You simply upload anything you want, and publish it, all for free, without regulation, and if someone wants to buy it, then, they will.

I'm sure there are options to have Editors go over your work to improve it, but, these options are usually optional and nothing compared to the strict level of gate-keeping that occurs when one is trying to get properly published through traditional methods as a real Author that will get reviews with work in print under contract.

Self Publishing doesn't 'count' in the world of publishing and writers. Self publishing is where all the losers go that aren't good enough to secure an agent for representation toward publishing.
I might even be one of those losers myself one day should all the time and effort I've put into my own work never secure Agent representation.

I am, however, at least trying to go the traditional and proper route of publication.

I wish you luck with your self publishing, but, from what I've seen with many others that have self published, you're in for some disappointment

edit on 8-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Who said I have to write properly I don't care about how I write on here, it doesn't matter to me

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join