It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Government backs bill to allow police to arrest masked protesters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Maybe this would have been an overreaction prior to 2010 but after the G20 protests in Toronto that year where police cars were torched and masks were used, the association of masks with illegal protest activity became more prevalent. This of course under the justification that you would not wear a mask if you had nothing to hide, that or if it was Halloween.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Its Canada, one of the most dictatorish countries in the know world. Everyone known this and talks about it outside of Canada. A place where everything is illegal!

The Canadian government must love their job, they have some fo the most gullible citizens on the planet. The government does what it wants and NO ONE does a thing. they just keep their heads down and keep believing the BS they are fed.

Bought and paid for by the Chinese government. China rules Canada and pays them handsomely for controlling their citizens with picture of mountains and the great out doors.

I do like the Police in Canada though. Compared to American police the Canadian police are true professionals. So I dont see it being that much of a problem with masked individuals. It is what it is.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Soooo glad this law is passing. Another proof of common sense from the Canadian govn't.

I do beleive that it's about time the law changes to oblige proof of identity. It only makes sense when we live in a world without repercussions for illegal acts. In a world where the theat of radicalization from within and from abroad puts us all at risk. (Just read ATS a little closer for any number of examples)

I will always question the motives of those who insist on hiding behind a mask when confronting others for idealogical reasons.

Once again, if you've done nothing to merrit arrest then you have nothing to fear from the police.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No where to run. The police state USA has a police state next door.

+I'm sure sunglasses and beards will count as "masks".
edit on 5/7/2012 by reitze because: +

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
great
masked protestors
remember montebello?
Masked protestors means the cops

thisll never fly
they hate to arrest them selves

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Soooo glad this law is passing. Another proof of common sense from the Canadian govn't.

I do beleive that it's about time the law changes to oblige proof of identity. It only makes sense when we live in a world without repercussions for illegal acts. In a world where the theat of radicalization from within and from abroad puts us all at risk. (Just read ATS a little closer for any number of examples)

I will always question the motives of those who insist on hiding behind a mask when confronting others for idealogical reasons.

Once again, if you've done nothing to merrit arrest then you have nothing to fear from the police.

tell obama to coff up some ID

and that bit about nothing to fear
I couldn't say BS any more loudly

after the cop lied in court and I was convicted the crime lab came back innocent
cost the chief his job
im still paying for a pardon
so that nothing to fear line is COMPLETE and UTTER BS
( the guy who called the cops on me stole enough money to buy three tim hortons )

edit on 7-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Sounds to me like the chip on your shoulder was put there by someone other then the cops or one bad cop.
Maybe look at the guys who incriminated you instead. You are condeming the whole group for the actions of a few or of one.

BTW that is not the same thing at all. We are debating masked protesters not the poor investigation of a potential fraud or theft case. ( Sounds like were you accused of fraud or theft?) You are comparing apples to oranges.

My oppinion still stands. If you don't mask your identity you have nothing to fear unless you break the law.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

after the cop lied in court and I was convicted the crime lab came back innocent cost the chief his job im still paying for a pardon so that nothing to fear line is COMPLETE and UTTER BS ( the guy who called the cops on me stole enough money to buy three tim hortons )

hahahaha...you must feel like the DUMBEST person to walk the face of the earth. It is one thing being dumb enough to be convicted of a crime you actually commit...but to be convicted of a crime you DID NOT commit......I almost peed my pants..

Wow, thanks for the cheer up......there should be awards for people who do DUMB things or get caught up in DUMB things....you would def win a LOSER gong.

good luck with that pardon...but until then you are still a criminal!!!! enjoy

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
I'm kind of curious - COULD sunglasses be construed as "masks"?

The answer to that question would be determined by whether sunglasses interfere with the facial recognition software that is now used with cameras.

That's what this is about. Same with the "ban the burka" stuff and those trying to outlaw "hoodies".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join