It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance camers so powerful the are able to read your text messages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd
reply to post by 1loserel2

And they want us to believe that they can't take a really GOOD picture of the moon. or Mars? BS .. Oh I forgot .. we have already landed and sat up shop there.. ALSO they do not WANT pixs to prove that .. now do we?

I certainly would say they have the ability and funds to do so, so it makes sense to me that they have already.

Trillions of dollars going missing? Check.

It's up to you to judge how far ahead of us they are technologically. Factor in security and that tells you that they must be ahead. How far doesn't exactly matter because inventions of practical use are not exactly linear in terms of how useful they are. That is, something can be invented and change the entire game of physics and not have to be invented 30 years from now; it could be invented tomorrow.

They have the money and the motive, for sure. So, I believe they've got at least something that they're hiding, maybe a military base. It would be expensive to maintain / live there and transport materials, it seems, though, so I would say it's on the small side. They'd be better off keeping most projects here on Earth. I mean, they've got underground bases here. I'd say those are larger since it's much more cost effective to build things here.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

This is far from cutting edge. I did security at target maybe 5 years ago and I could read text messages when the cashiers pulled out their phones.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
We have cameras that can read a car tag from orbit and a camera that can read text messages from across the street and we still can not get better pictures of the moon ?

You actually can't read a car tag from orbit. It sounds good, though, and makes for exciting if somewhat implausible movie fare.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, it stands to reason that if they have satellites in outer space that can take a picture of an ant hill on earth and tell you how many ants are crawling on top of it, they'd have security cameras with the ability to zoom in on your computer screen. I don't know about these cameras, but the satellites that can do what I mentioned have been around for over a decade. We live in crazy times.

Not at all. The security camera trick, that's pretty new, but DARPA has a sensor fusion project that can take cheap cameras like the ones in cellphones and combine the images mathematically to make a faux viewpoint that has way more resolution than any one camera. They are using it to get iris prints from you while you walk down the street.

The ants on a hill thing, that's bogus. They'd like to be able to do that,but at the moment the best resolution from orbit comes from coherent laser mapping - you can get down to about a 1cm voxel with the current tech. I could see the shape of your face and identify it, but if you had something written on your head in biro I couldn't see it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I think there may be something missing from your calcs.

As I understand it, it is active elements and optics.

It is MTF, and Rayleigh's criteria. The resolution of a telescope is limited by aperture and wavelength. No matter how many pixels, no matter how perfect.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This dude I had in a class couple of semesters ago had just gotten out of the military and was telling me about these satellites they have that can see through walls and cars. So yeah, of course they can read your texts... not that they didn't have other means anyway.

Remember, if it's just leaking out, assume they are referring to the decade before.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Just to add my input. This is nothing new, I work in a large super market as a security guard and have done for 8 years. The cameras we have are almost 10 years old, we can move them 360 degrees left or right and can look down, zoom in and out too. We are quite capable of viewing people txt messages

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
This dude I had in a class couple of semesters ago had just gotten out of the military and was telling me about these satellites they have that can see through walls and cars.

The military doesn't run spy satellites, that's NRO. I've heard all sorts of crap while I was in. I really liked the bit about the .45 at the base of the flagpole.

edit: FWIW, NRO generally tries to put persistent cookies in your flash and browser.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join