It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is NASA really full of disinfo, lies, and bumbling nonsense?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
NASA have only just started actively trying to convince people of global warming issue (a certain interpretation of it) by actually posting facts - the problem people forget when they're too busy making fun of GW skeptics - is that this is what should have been done by government institutions once GW was being used to justify policy. Does anyone know of a good archive of Global Warming Research in Journals?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

But I typically see this in comments on misidentified satellites, camera artifacts, etc...so far, I don't really see how NASA is not giving straight answers, or sensible, or scientific...I just see a bunch of people that want ET to be real so badly that they will ultimately close their eyes and stick fingers in their ears in order not to know any actual science or understanding of our cosmos.

NASA, in the beginning, was Werner von Braun. It wasn't much else, and was driven by thirst for knowledge and exploration. It was driven by a handful of people, with visions and dreams. Yet always "shadowed" by his background.

Today, NASA could hardly throw a ball down onto Mars. While it could easily land several return vehicles on the moon during the 60's and 70's. And all that comes out of NASA today, is either "Search for the God Element", or drive for more money, with new movie titles "The Core". Mostly selling new books, and no new events have occurred ... nothing, whatsoever.

One of the biggest "Faux Pass", NASA has made rrecently. Is when it stated that they proved that there was no Earth Expansion, by saying that the earth expanded no more than a hair a year. And then stating that this change was close to insignificant, compared to earths size. Even by moderate calculations, that means the earth has grown by SEVERAL moons, during Earths lifetime. Not to mention the fact, if the Earth didn't "grow" into itself ... how did it come to exist, did GOD give birth to it?

The bottom line is, NASA is not controlled by Scientists or scienific mindset ... and almost everything it says, is unusable "theological" garbage.

edit on 8/5/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Imperfect does not translate into conspiracy.

con·spir·a·cy    [kuhn-spir-uh-see] Show IPA noun, plural con·spir·a·cies. 1. the act of conspiring. 2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot. 3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government. 4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act. 5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

Qouted from dictionary.com

I definitely think NASA has built it's foundations on lies. Do you really think they would come out if they ever found life in space? We can't even find proper information on the death tolls in Iraq and we accept NASA to tell us everything. But I'm not going to say NASA hasn't done great things either.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

If you actually wanted to know, it would be pretty easy to find out;

en.wikipedia.org...
www.nasa.gov...
www.wisegeek.com...

You're welcome.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OliverNorthsCat
NASA have only just started actively trying to convince people of global warming issue (a certain interpretation of it) by actually posting facts - the problem people forget when they're too busy making fun of GW skeptics - is that this is what should have been done by government institutions once GW was being used to justify policy. Does anyone know of a good archive of Global Warming Research in Journals?

About 4000 years ago, this place I live in was several degrees warmer than today. Are you telling me, we were smoking too much POT then? Perhaps we were farting too much, eh?

GW is bollox, that does not mean that there is no reason to take care ... but that GW is a political issue, primarily for the purpose of scaring people into using "china" as an industrial fallout area. It's sort of "long term" ideology, to let some other places suffer the industrial consequences.

And in this case, the reason to OPPOSE GW issues, is because Science is not, and should not, be bound on political issues. That are used to "give money to NASA-so-they-can-send-bruce-willys-up-and-be-an-imaginary-hero-blowing-up-spacerocks" kind of scenario.

The entire political playground isn't that "hard" to comprehend, it is basically the thinking of retards ... for the rest of us, it's a good thing. It means we can buy cheap things from Asia ... it would be even cheaper, if we moved over there ourselves.

edit on 8/5/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I definitely think NASA has built it's foundations on lies.

NASA was built on a lie. It was covering up ICBM tests with a space program.

Do you really think they would come out if they ever found life in space?

They have. The results are still being debated to this day.

We can't even find proper information on the death tolls in Iraq and we accept NASA to tell us everything.

Hardly a fair comparison.

Do you really think the DoD want to broad-cast the fact that their war on terror, not only bankrupted "greatest country in the world" but it also killed 50,000+ civilians and has left a legacy of uranium dust that will cripple the people of Iraq for many hundreds of years to come?

Now lets compare that with NASA who basically take ideas from scientists(& engineers, teachers, etc...) from around the world and formulate experiments based off those ideas to perform on Earth as well as in the vacuum of space.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
NASA is operated and run by the Department of Defense. It specifically states in their charter that if something is deemed prudent to the national security interest it may be withheld, or if it were to cause social unrest. That tells you right there that they have the ability to withhold information if those in the upper levels deem it so. The only evidence you really need is to watch "Moon Rising" and you will see many things found by amateurs on the moon which were subsequently removed in the official releases by NASA.

Never A Straight Answer

Except from Gordon Cooper, Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Lol, many of the greatest UFO videos we DO HAVE are from ISS! And whenever there are a ton of objects cruising around, spinning, flashing on and on/pulsating, they always dim the camera down or make it fuzzy on purpose, change the angle of which they are looking (in other words, look somewhere where there isn't a bunch of UFO's flying around) and then dim the camera back up and/or get rid of the fuzziness. This is a common tactic, it is obvious to me that your mind will never be changed despite the overwhelming amount of evidence. I just hope that if one lands in your backyard and walks up to you, you will give it the time of day. Good day sir.

This is just one video. There are many, download Jaime Maussan Santiago Garza UFO Congress 2010 and about 10 minutes in they start showing some amazing footage.

edit on 5/9/2012 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

HILARIOUS!!!! :

NASA was built on a lie. It was covering up ICBM tests with a space program.

(Munching popcorn...)...Please, DO go on........!!!!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

NASA, in the beginning, was Werner von Braun.

Not quite. It began as National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) just after the start of the Great War. Von Braun was all about trying to walk upright and getting the spoon in his mouth first time around.

By the late 50s, when this was morphed into NASA, they already had a working staff of 8000 and a budget that's probably bigger than today - $100 million. With 'mission creep' they spread and took over other aerospace sites like JPL. Scarcely a 'handful of people.'

Today, NASA could hardly throw a ball down onto Mars. While it could easily land several return vehicles on the moon during the 60's and 70's.

have a look at this image right here. You'll probably notice they've done pretty well getting that 'ball' down onto Mars. Reasons they haven't been sending manned missions to either Mars or the Moon begin with money and political complacency. NASA have their own leadership questions to ask, but if your national budget is focused on the sharp end of the military-industrial complex and sending troops overseas, what can you do?

Not to mention the fact, if the Earth didn't "grow" into itself ... how did it come to exist, did GOD give birth to it?

Google 'planet formation,' 'accretion discs' or 'planetary systems formation.' It's complex stuff and not an either/or problem like you are making out here.

reply to post by smarterthanyou

NASA is operated and run by the Department of Defense. It specifically states in their charter that if something is deemed prudent to the national security interest it may be withheld, or if it were to cause social unrest. That tells you right there that they have the ability to withhold information if those in the upper levels deem it so.

Good or bad, we live in a Free-Market Economy and have neighbours who don't always have our best interests at heart. Weird huh?! The fact that public and private companies don't tell the world about everything they know doesn't mean that their secrets *prove* life on Mars or that spaceships use us as a rest-stop. Guess what? Those lousy SoBs in other countries aren't telling us all of their business either!

Posting Jaimme Maussan as a means of winning an argument doesn't work round here. It's like that gun in the cartoons that leaves soot all over the guy's face.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

TRY as you might.....the knuckle-dragging troglodytes on ATS will NOT "get it"....

Sad.....MAYBE this song will help ease the pain.... (dit moi!....en Francais.....Dit Moi!!!! (Tell me, speak to me!!!)....

"Mea culpa".......je suis en place......(I am in place, I AM HERE....)....(I am 'guilty')......je dificile...(it is difficult.......).....

Je suis et toi....(I am with you)......
edit on Thu 10 May 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I do not see what you call progress when for so many years even so many decades ago (like 30-40) there have been landing on the Moon, now not a single man is sent to space, to Mars. With such pace it may take a hundred years to send a person elsewhere. Please.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Actually, NASA is part of the department of defence and as such sometimes cannot divulge information.
Are they "covering up" ufo encounters? Probably. Are they bumbling idiots? Far from it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

NASA is an arm of the elite science which is all wrong but keep on in the framework of
those lies. The elite own the ships and the science developed by Tesla and why there
are no explanations relating to Tesla's findings. Out an out yeah Tesla made these
ships called saucers and wings and triangles that make lighting like Tesla made,
ahem electrostatic waves, and show up on his ship, that is what you see is not going to
happen. There is no forum to poop on NASA and the elite science and suppression as
the elite control the alien explanation and keep quite so as not expose their ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join