Is NASA really full of disinfo, lies, and bumbling nonsense?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's pretty simple .. and it happens all over ATS ...

You have a crowd of people that believe something so strongly that any explanation that goes against the grain of that belief is instantly shut down and considered disinformation.. the Elenin crowd was like that.

I've been in many of those threads.. one in particular showed camera artifacts but the OP was convinced he was seeing a huge mothership making it's way to the Earth.. despite the fact me and several others were able to go back to archived imagery showing the same artifact phenomena over 3-4 years old.. the OP was absolutely convinced.. and were sheeple.. NASA imagery could obviously not be trusted.. however it was NASA imagery that was the foundation of his post to begin with.

You see this kind of response with many here that believe something so strongly that rational alternatives are shot down with almost an angry attitude.. you see if it chemtrail threads, reptilian threads and a whole host of other "passionate" topics.

edit on 5/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The TETHER incident sums up the whole debate for me.
I've seen many a shape shifting UFO from NASA footage.

God knows what these things are! There are plenty of them! The live and shapshift and are HUGE.

People always say they'll see it when they believe it, they have seen it and they still don't believe it!

Open your eyes, truly!! You think these things are floating above us, and next to us in space and aren't aware we share the same space as them? We are the only ones NOT in the know about this.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then surely, in ya face, its a fekking duck!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by SaturnFX

To answer your question, Mr hypnotoad, sir...

The pretty pictures we get from NASA are just that, they're designed to make the average person go "ooh" and "ahh" and keep everyone happy...except for the UFO gang of course...

And this is where the irony comes to mind for me, because behind the pretty pictures would be terabytes and terabytes worth of data, telemetry and all sorts of other information that gets peer reviewed and torn to bits by non NASA people, an example of this is the announcement of the discovery of arsenic based lifeforms...it's been a theory for years but only just released once all the data was vetted and confirmed.

So you have to wonder why minds far more brilliant than yours or mine, have yet to come across the apparently obvious proof of extraterrestrial life...?

To summarize, if none of that makes sense, is that the real proof (if it exists) won't be found in publicly released images or videos.

And really, the simplest answer is that if NASA felt they need to cover up alien visitation, they wouldn't offer things like a live webcam on the ISS.

Do you look up often at night?

It's cloudy/foggy here the majority of the year (Northern California, coast) ----

And I've seen many "impressive" UFOs.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

What do you think this is at 2:35 in this video then?

From Outer Space? Or maybe Vandenberg Air Force Base? The game is up. We do not need these people for disclosure any more.
edit on 7-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
reply to post by miniatus

What do you think this is at 2:35 in this video then?

I suspect that is the TR-3B, it looks like it... My uncle ( former airforce ) told me once when I was a kid and he was explaining the SR-71 blackbird to me.. that typically speaking the public is about 10 years behind in knowledge about government technology, especially in terms of aircraft..

Many odd craft in the sky are likely just our own secret craft.. I especially think of the TR-3B flyng triangle as one such craft.

The SR-71 was a secret craft.. went into service in 1966 .. en.wikipedia.org... ... awesome looking airplane!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I suspect that is the TR-3B, it looks like it... My uncle ( former airforce ) told me once when I was a kid and he was explaining the SR-71 blackbird to me.. that typically speaking the public is about 10 years behind in knowledge about government technology, especially in terms of aircraft..

Many odd craft in the sky are likely just our own secret craft.. I especially think of the TR-3B flyng triangle as one such craft.

I've been thinking the same too. But this on its own should be a massive disclosure of technology that can truly change things for us. So it's probably down to big oil and their buddies, because I think they've had this stuff for quite a while.

Even if it's not fully anti grav, there has to be something on tech like that, or that can be developed from it, that we can use to help solve some of our problems with oil dependance.
edit on 7-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Nasa has never released any very hi-res images......

SAY WHAT?!?!?!? Lemme guess, you read that on the internet somewhere, so it must be true, right? The level of ignorance your displaying with such an absurd statement at the very top of your post is a good indication that the rest isn't worth reading.

they promote the moon as a dead nothing, but just recently finally admitted to water being present there.

You must be new to the whole space thing. I remember reading in the 70's and 80's about water on the moon. And it was NASA scientists talking about it. The only question at the time was how much water there was, and more detailed information concerning it's location (depth, etc) Then the moon became a low priority and it took about 1.5 decades to start looking at the water possibilities more in depth through further exploration. When they started going back and looking into it more, kids like you who grew up watching idiotic television documentaries talking about some big dead lump of rock that orbits Earth somehow got the idea that the whole water on the moon thing was new, and that it must be part of some idiotic conspiracy.

Again, the very first few statements in your post are 100% wrong. And they are so easy to prove wrong I wont even do it for you. By checking your own ignorance at the door you might learn something, but by not doing you only perpetuate ignorance and parrot it. In fact, by embracing your ignorance to the point where you blatantly and publicly display it, you are contributing to other ignorant people using you as a "useful idiot". Google that term while your at it. This is why the world is in such rough shape....ignorance. And even then folks around here just simple damn the facts that don't agree with them in order to continue believing in the absurd. It's embarrassing, I'm actually embarrassed for you.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gameisupman

Nasa has never released any very hi-res images......

SAY WHAT?!?!?!? Lemme guess, you read that on the internet somewhere, so it must be true, right? The level of ignorance your displaying with such an absurd statement at the very top of your post is a good indication that the rest isn't worth reading.

they promote the moon as a dead nothing, but just recently finally admitted to water being present there.

You must be new to the whole space thing. I remember reading in the 70's and 80's about water on the moon. And it was NASA scientists talking about it. The only question at the time was how much water there was, and more detailed information concerning it's location (depth, etc)

I remember a long long time ago hearing NASA talk about the possibility of a base on the moon and the challenges involved in capturing the water and putting it to use .. the idea being that they could make a habitable base using only material found on the surface..

NASA has known about, and spoke about water on the moon since as long as I can remember.. a lot of people simply regurgitate what they read.. water on the surface does not mean life on the surface .. so I do view it was a dead rock.. far too many other variables involved in life.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
Or perhaps I and all the people who believe that what we see in the video of STS-75, with all those 12 miles diameter doughnut-like objects monitoring the broken tether,

I used to find 75 interesting also
until I learned a bit about exposure and camera effects...then ya, it became a lot less mysterious.

But even without doing the research into the answer, consider your last 4 words I quoted there.

monitoring the broken tether...
Yes, stop the galaxy, everyone, quick, swarm around the bit of string in orbit...my god..the humans made a tether!!!

Thinking they wouldn't be overly concerned about a broken strap frankly...and if they are, well, great...the universe is filled with aliens that have guppy brains.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Do you look up often at night?

It's cloudy/foggy here the majority of the year (Northern California, coast) ----

And I've seen many "impressive" UFOs.

Most people whom say they see ufo's at night often, are either watching a nearby airport taking traffic in, or are watching satellites.
Very common mistake (the satellites thing) as for some strange reason, people forget to consider satellites when looking up, especially when they are going to see if they can spot alien crafts...and see the odd dots move across the sky.
Then it appears to speed up overhead, then slow down further away...which is of course an optical illusion..but it appears it is slowing down, and people don't understand what they are seeing, so therefore, aliens.

I will say one thing. the first time I seen an irridium flare, it knocked my socks off...was just a single quick flash...looked up, and it was like someone took a picture of me, big flash of light right overhead...was sure that was definately the damn mothership!!!
Then I researched and yep...IF tagged it perfectly..bah..damn you reality!

Point is, you don't have to be stupid to get fooled, but if you see something in space that peaks your interest, and its an area you want to find interest in, its good practice to research what we know so far and understand verses just call everything the plejarians coming to have tea with us.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
NASA is like many government agencies who may have to deal with very sensitive information. Some of what NASA releases to the public is accurate, some may be inaccurate, the key thing is that it is difficult to tell what is accurate and what isn't, it's similar to a disinformation program.

It is one thing to misidentify interesting shapes on images that turn out to be planets or artifacts, it is quite another to completely erase them from the image consider the following:

Consider image AS16-118-18873:

NASA Website 1:
spaceflight.nasa.gov...

Note the white objects near the earth's limb.

NASA Website 2:
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Same exact image, but note the white objects near the earth's limb are missing AND a poor attempt has been made to cover them up.

There's more

Consider AS11-36-5319:

NASA Website 3:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Note the large glowing white object near the earth's limb.

NASA-Affiliated Website 4:
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Same exact image, but now the object is gone. This time they did a better job of covering it up, but you can still detect it if you use the "sharp" filter in photoshop.

There is even more:

www.youtube.com...

For some of the best, well-researched moon-anomaly videos directly from NASA footage view Lunacognita's videos:

www.youtube.com...

Some may claim that NASA is simply "enhancing" the image, besides the fact that "enhancement" is somewhat subjective, certain types of "enhancement" may yield inaccurate images. It is one thing to perform "enhancements" that bring out features and reveal more information, it is quite another to perform "enhancements" that cover up features and/or degrade the amount of information the image conveys.

This doesn't mean NASA should be abolished, but simply , just as in every scientific endeavor, their results should be analyzed and if found lacking criticized.
edit on 7-5-2012 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Though most of the evidence is circumstantial, It's not entirely true that some of the best evidence for potential ET UFOs is due to hoaxes, or misidentification some of the best evidence is physical.

Consider some of the best publicly available data:

The COMETA Report (a scientific study of UFOs by the French government), released in 1999, indicated that of all the UFO cases they studied about 5% were unexplained AND that the ET Hypothesis fit the unexplained data the best:

en.wikipedia.org...

Project Blue Book Special Report 14 (a scientific study of UFO by the US government) indicated that of all the UFO cases they studied about 22% were unexplained AND the more information they received of those 22% the LESS they were able to be explained.

en.wikipedia.org...

Though many UFO may be unidentified military craft, we cannot claim that ALL UFO are military craft, consider the following:

July 29, 1952 USAF orders pilots to "shoot down" flying saucers over white house:

www.roswellproof.com...

It is difficult to believe that if the craft flying over the White house in 1952 were secret military craft that they would fly it over the white house, which is restricted airspace, not tell the president or the USAF, elicit a shoot down order and let it get to the point were the US military placed Antiaircraft guns around US airports?

www.roswellproof.com...

July 28, 1952 USAF admits that they have detected what appear to be "flying saucers" on radar and that they might be spacecraft from other planets.

USAF Admissions

April 7, 1952 LIFE magazine in cooperation with the USAF makes the case for ET visitation:

LIFE Magazine Admissions

Note conclusions 3 and 4

Conclusion 3: These objects cannot be explained by present science as natural phenomena-but soley as artificial devices, created and operated by a high intelligence.

Conclusion 4: Finally, no power plant known or projected on earth could account for the performance of these devices.

Many of these cases included multiple radar sightings at the same time from different locations, combined with visual sightings by the pilots and laser ranging from equipment onboard the aircraft, indicating that the objects were solid and not psychological. Furthermore they exhibit performance characteristics (both visually and on radar) that put them outside most publicly known human built craft and natural phenomena.

March 3, 1989 Shuttle Discovery astronaut radios to Houston "we have the Alien Spacecraft under observance"

Discovery Shuttle ET

NASA Astronaut Gordon Cooper wrote a letter to the UN stating that he does believe in ET UFOs and that he actually encountered UFOs:

Gordon Cooper ET

I will admit that none of this data proves that such objects are ET, but it does give strong evidence
edit on 7-5-2012 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

As much as I would like to believe the video conveys a possible ET-UFO, the objects in the video do not demonstrate any of the performance characteristics attributed to potential ET-UFOs from the best cases. Also, the object shows all the performance characteristics of of human built objects, it moves with inertia, shoots flames out making it look as if it is a malfunctioning rocket, and the trajectory looks like that of a small rocket breaking up and falling down to the ground. I think the show "fact or faked" analyzed this very case.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deloprator20000
Some may claim that NASA is simply "enhancing" the image, besides the fact that "enhancement" is somewhat subjective, certain types of "enhancement" may yield inaccurate images. It is one thing to perform "enhancements" that bring out features and reveal more information, it is quite another to perform "enhancements" that cover up features and/or degrade the amount of information the image conveys.

Like film anomolies and photographic artifacts? They should be left there for what reason exactly?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Hey, also, did you know there have been 74 different crafts sent to the moon?

So much for not making anything to look at it, huh?

So 74 different crafts sent to the moon, and no hi-resolution color photos to share with the rest of us? Something smells fishy!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It's pretty simple .. and it happens all over ATS ...

You have a crowd of people that believe something so strongly that any explanation that goes against the grain of that belief is instantly shut down and considered disinformation.. the Elenin crowd was like that.

I've been in many of those threads.. one in particular showed camera artifacts but the OP was convinced he was seeing a huge mothership making it's way to the Earth.. despite the fact me and several others were able to go back to archived imagery showing the same artifact phenomena over 3-4 years old.. the OP was absolutely convinced.. and were sheeple.. NASA imagery could obviously not be trusted.. however it was NASA imagery that was the foundation of his post to begin with.

You see this kind of response with many here that believe something so strongly that rational alternatives are shot down with almost an angry attitude.. you see if it chemtrail threads, reptilian threads and a whole host of other "passionate" topics.

That's what happens with such lack of transparency, both sides start to make their own speculations that fit their own paradigm.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think that because they are our link to the cosmos, and it's vast anomalies and components, it may be natural for them to control what the public becomes aware of. Now I am not claiming they lie about everything, or have a specific agenda, but it makes sense that they may alter the stream of information to us as they receive it, sometimes. In a highly speculative sense, for all we know, everything we know about space could be just a "Truman Show" set up

Peace

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I so want to jump on the bash NASA band wagon but to what end. they are what they are a disinfo agency that lies and blurs pictures of the moon and mars. emporor obama did the right thing by cutting there budget they produce nothing and release nothing but crumbs of info ie they found a microbe on mars and oh yeah there is water on the moon among other things i could show examples of there bumbling nonsense but what for....................there are those that will stand behind nasa's lies even after a 5 mile mothership hovers over new york, seen by all.
nasa lurkers I know you are there I have a few words for your masters

DISCLOSURE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell the truth

"we are not alone, we have never been alone and now more are coming"

the last line seemed appropriate for this thread

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I always have smth in mind when it comes to NASA but that is as much as I feel suspicious about MUFON or any other dealing with such. Something that I always wondered - why would NASA spend billions on projects that can't so far even send a man to Mars... if they had some high technology stolen or reverse engineered from aliens. And if they are not involved and just USAF US Naval Intelligence, how come? They need astrophysicists or such scientists so clearly there are NASA people dealing with such aerial phenomenon. And cases with military presence have reported also presence of some NASA scientists, so idk where it all goes. Could be some people from NASA signing with their life about things that only the military have control of, while the rest of NASA is unaware as well of what's going on.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

It wasn't even Nasa who found water on the Moon. It was India's Chandrayaan-1 Mission who found it:

www.guardian.co.uk...

reply to post by Chadwickus

NASA goes through most of their material. And like every organisation, they're sifting through what they want to release and what they want to either throw away or "classify" something. If they did find some E.T material, they're not going to release it to the public if they "contain" it.

And like you said, they're just showing dust clouds in different EM spectrums hence causing us to go 'ooh' and 'aah.' I bet there is definitely a section within NASA which is properly kept secret...dealing with anomalies etc.
edit on 8-5-2012 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join