It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Google upload search data to various satellites?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, as far fetched as this sounds, it happened to me just yesterday; and no I don’t have ‘proof’ of it happening and even if I took a pic of it I’d be called a hoaxer. With that being said... here’s the story...

I get up yesterday late, after 1pm, I check my cell and I have a text from a friend at 10am asking me if I knew how much admission was to go to the Oregon Zoo. I texted her back and told her I just got up & if she wanted me to still check; she never replied after 5 mins. So I went to the PC and entered Oregon Zoo in Google search, but I can’t remember if I hit the ENTER key or not.. but I do remember I did input the 2 words into Google search bar.

Fast forward to 4pm, Went to go see The Avengers, and after that I had to go to take a friend to the ER across town, as I stepped off the porch, the thought crossed my mind to grab my TomTom (GPS) just in case I run into street closures etc. TomTom’s retain their last know locations imputed, which in this case should have been HOME because we just came back from a 600mile trip and that is what I used to get back home. (Our home address)

As I turned on the TomTom, it booted up with, I kid you not... Oregon Zoo and was calculating the route~! The device had not been booted up at all since the our last trip and I’m a bit OCD with it since I got it for Christmas a year ago, and I keep it in my dresser drawer..

Any suggestions and has anyone else had a glitch in the matrix like this?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I thought this was a bit strange at first.

Does the GPS have software on the PC?

Do they both have bluetooth?

Would it be possible for the GPS to have connected to the PC upon booting?

The same could be said for a phone linked to the GPS. If the phone was used to plot the course, it could be linked to the GPS for data-logging purposes.

Failing that......Time to line your favourite hat with foil.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
all GPS is a clock, they just transmit. and GPS receiver just receives the signal of that clock of the GPS and triangulates your position from the time differences hence why you need about 4 simultaneous connections to GPS satellites to get a position of where you are.

So the answer is no, because google cannot read a receiver such a GPS device unless you have a GPS device that transmits and receives which if it did would probably be on of the first in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

Even if you had it plugged into USB google would have to have some software in place to inject data to the Tom Tom search function.
edit on 6-5-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That's what's called a glitch in the Matrix!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
I thought this was a bit strange at first.

Does the GPS have software on the PC?

Do they both have bluetooth?

Would it be possible for the GPS to have connected to the PC upon booting?

The same could be said for a phone linked to the GPS. If the phone was used to plot the course, it could be linked to the GPS for data-logging purposes.

Failing that......Time to line your favourite hat with foil.

~Yes, but it's disabled, meaning it's not running in the background on the PC

~No

~No, it would have be connected to the PC itself & hasn't been for a month.

~I don't have internet connectivity on my cell phone

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
all GPS is a clock, they just transmit. and GPS receiver just receives the signal of that clock of the GPS and triangulates your position from the time differences hence why you need about 4 simultaneous connections to GPS satellites to get a position of where you are.

So the answer is no, because google cannot read a receiver such a GPS device unless you have a GPS device that transmits and receives which if it did would probably be on of the first in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

Even if you had it plugged into USB google would have to have some software in place to inject data to the Tom Tom search function.
edit on 6-5-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

exactly~! however, can they upload the data to a computer that would upload it to a sat?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Respected Sir... I think the last time u used ur tom tom was, coincidentally, to go to that zoo.... And when u switched on after a year.. the last tracking data was still there...! Walla.... case solved...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It wasn't the Internet connection, but the Bluetooth.

I don't know which model Tom Tom you have, but some of them connect to phones via Bluetooth(Hands free in the car). It doesn't really matter as you would know/mentioned that you looked up the zoo on your phone.

Just out of interest.....you didn't switch the GPS on at the Zoo did you?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Google certainly use your searches to filter out certain advertisements

For example
i play cricket and recently wanted to look for a new bit of timber, googled cricket direct come on here on another tab and iv got ads for cricket direct on here. Happens to me on loads of sites.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeelen
Respected Sir... I think the last time u used ur tom tom was, coincidentally, to go to that zoo.... And when u switched on after a year.. the last tracking data was still there...! Walla.... case solved...

no .. apprently you didn't read the my OP clearly enough .. and the trip was 3 days ago

TomTom’s retain their last know locations imputed, which in this case should have been HOME because we just came back from a 600mile trip and that is what I used to get back home. (Our home address)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

It wasn't the Internet connection, but the Bluetooth.

I don't know which model Tom Tom you have, but some of them connect to phones via Bluetooth(Hands free in the car). It doesn't really matter as you would know/mentioned that you looked up the zoo on your phone.

Just out of interest.....you didn't switch the GPS on at the Zoo did you?

I don't have a Iphone and yes, my cell does have Bluetooth but, the TomTom was shut off 50' from my PC and in a drawer unpluged

the TomTom I have is a 335S

No I didn't look up zoo on my phone.. I look up Oregon Zoo on my PC in the google search bar because I don't have internet on my cell

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pearcester

For example
i play cricket and recently wanted to look for a new bit of timber, googled cricket direct come on here on another tab and iv got ads for cricket direct on here. Happens to me on loads of sites.

right but, to have it inserted on my TomTom (portalable GPS) ??

how is that possible when it's shut down & sitting in my drawer & when my last input was my home address..

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I don't have a Iphone and yes, my cell does have Bluetooth but, the TomTom was shut off 50' from my PC and in a drawer unpluged

Do you take sleeping med's or have a history of sleep walking?

There isn't much else it could be unless you have a friend that likes to screw with you?

To add.

See if there is a log file on the GPS......at least you might be able to nut out when the destination was set.
edit on 7/5/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Do you take sleeping med's or have a history of sleep walking?

There isn't much else it could be unless you have a friend that likes to screw with you?

To add.

See if there is a log file on the GPS......at least you might be able to nut out when the destination was set.
edit on 7/5/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

No, no meds of any kind and but how would sleep walking fit in?

How would my friend be able to input the coordinates from her cell phone (which is not an Iphone) into my GPS portable device which is sitting in my dresser drawer turned off?

there's no log file.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

For example

how is that possible when it's shut down & sitting in my drawer & when my last input was my home address..

Im not sure to be honest i never had this and i used to use mine everyday when i was multi dropping

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

For example

Im not sure to be honest i never had this and i used to use mine everyday when i was multi dropping

what's
multi-dropping..?

top topics

join