It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another in the bag; Ron Paul wins Maine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarutoNuto
reply to post by Luzifer

Ok Luzifer it's very simple really. Then global mainstream media is owned by the few. They control what is reported and what isn't even in Switzerland. If the MSM is what you rely on for information they will tell you that the only man who can run against Obama is Romney. They tell you this because if they repeat a lie to you enough times your human brain will eventually believe it as fact. Fundamentally the majority of the people on this planet are far too busy with work, families, tv shows, video games, movies and their facebook account to do any real investigation into matters on their own thus they believe what they hear in passing as fact. Most major media corporations (television, print, radio, etc.) have a large amount of money invested in the "status quo" of corporatized government business partnership. So as long as it is in their interest they report what they want as fact not what is actually fact. The reason Obama and Romney are presented daily as the only choices is because they are one in the same. Their policies are alike, their attitudes are alike and they are paid by the same people. This is a tactic that was developed long ago but best exemplified by the mafia where they would own all the horses in a race. If you own all the horses you can't actually lose but the general public still views it as one side against another as long the media plays ball and doesn't ruin the illusion. This is something that has been going on in American politics for a long time now and as well in many other countries. Yes they are from different parties but that doesn't make them actually on different sides of an issue it just presents the illusion. Ron Paul doesn't play ball with corporations or media and so as far as they are concerned he can't win and so basically based on their reporting he doesn't exist. He doesn't exist because he is the true threat to the status quo and private agendas that are being forced upon us by those in power so they must do everything in their power to stop him. I hope that helps you understand a bit better.

Excellent!!!!! The best reply ive seen on ATS in while.........

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

Not news, more like propaganda.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That's right you Paul Bearers don't believe there is Islamic terrorism and its all evil gov inside job BS or caused by the jews I mean "Zionist"
edit on 7-5-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Luzifer

Its not only on Switzerland, the lack of information is general akin to how we rarely get information about Iceland and how they defaulted on their debt. This in Europe where the subject is of utmost importance...

Other EU countries also got very small reports on the craziness in Belgium, a nation without an appointed government for 1 year...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel
Even if he doesn't win the nomination, I consider his campaign a success for bringing the ridiculousness of the Fed / military industrial complex into common thought. Even narcissistic, conservative old men (my father) are starting to realize that our monetary system is broken.

It's great to see him win delegates, but I fear that a corrupt system and an ignorant voting base will prevent him from taking the nomination... The Revolution, however, has already begun, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.
edit on 7-5-2012 by ddaniel because: emphasis

Lets just say that come August in Tampa, Ron Paul and his supporters will put up a massive fight both inside and outside. If this trend continues for Paul, you can almost bet that there will be riots inside and outside the convention. His supporters have done a major thing thus far. They won't back down. If anything, this will set off the real revolution many of us have been waiting for...or at least hoping for.

With that said, I support Paul. Not because of his views or his promises: but because he stands for one true thing: The true freedom of all Americans. Sorry but if I have to choose between a bunch of religious bigots and a freedom fighter, I am going to pick the fighter...not the hater.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I'm reading now that he got the other half of the delegates in Iowa....that means he picked up 100% there.

So what states has Romney won? I know he has Florida which is huge., and maybe new hampshire.

Can someone get an accurate Romney count? We all know what Paul's got, it gets posted daily.

Paul got the other half of delegates in Iowa? Do you have a link for that, I'd love to read it! Sorry, I don't really care about Romney's delegates, all I know is they are apparently getting less and less in numbers and are nothing like the media reports them as..

edit on 7-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

I found this discussion at a Ron Paul forum.

From Ben Swann's facebook:

"Can't believe I overlooked this but not only did Paul take the delegates in Maine and Nevada over the weekend but also took the other half of the delegates in Iowa. Check out latest totals:
thereal2012delegatecount.com"
============================================================================

They were nominated;but, they must be voted upon at the state, according one of the posters here.
ronpaulforums
edit on 7-5-2012 by ogbert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I just think it is amazing, that if it wasn't for ATS I wouldn't even know that Paul was still in the election. I saw a snl skit where all the candidates were bowing out and figured that romeny had won the nomination. I ll admit I don;t follow politics as much as I should but still watch the news and to still not know that paul was still in the running is mind blowing to me. Thank You ATS

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ron Paul supporters will still be trying to convince each other that Paul has a chance to be nominated after America re-elects Obama.

Pretty funny.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

ben swann claimed today on his facebook page that Paul got the other half of Iowa's delgates. I've yet to see Swann BS me, so I'm taking his word although I don't have an official link.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So based on the delegate counts that are out there it shows on CNN that Romney has 792 Pledged delegates and Ron Paul has only 76......

www.cnn.com...

They break it down by state, but Nevada only shows Paul having 5 when what we are being told on ATS is that he won upwards of 25.....what gives?

So....with these numbers in mind can we get a real count of actual delegates that have actually been won?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Christian Science monitor reporting it:

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SungodRAH

In Nevada Romney had been awarded 20 delegates, meaning that twenty of the delegates selected at the actual convention are supposed to vote for him. However, the Nevada caucus ended up being dominated by Paul supporters, so much so that Paul supporters had roughly 2/3 of the delegation on the first day before the late night fell. This allowed the Ron Paul supporters to elect 22 of the 25 delegates (plus a couple of other delegates who will vote in 2016), all of whom were Paul supporters.

This means that, though Romney was awarded 20 delegates who must vote for him in the first round (this is being debated) at the convention, 17 of those Romney delegates are actually Ron Paul supporters/delegates. This means that, effectively, the Nevada caucus was a 22/25 victory for Paul, because they got 22 of their own delegates elected (17 of them in Romney's delegate slots).

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
Paul has 94 Delegates Romney has 865 Delegates with 1144 Romney needs 279 Paul WONT be the Nominee. Americans dont want a Truther as Pres. that blames america for 911.

Ron Paul doesn't blame America for 9/11. He blames our governments flawed foreign policy, which in the form of blowback was a big contributing factor. I believe that 9/11 never would have happened if it weren't for our governments interventionist foreign policies in Iraq and saudi arabia. Of course, I think it sounds a lot better, and it makes us sound like the good guys, when we say that they attacked us because we are free and we love our women, etc, but it doesn't mean its true. And if you think about it, it doesn't really make a lot of sense, and the whole reason why was wrapped in mystery until the head of the CIA (at the time of Sept 11th) wrote a book about it, and Ron Paul brought it to light in 2008 during his election campaign. Its the truth, and its the only way to solve real problems, so deal with it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Sounds exactly like the tactics RP supporters are cheering that RP supporters are doing ... trying to game the system. Or is your candidate the only one allowed to do it?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Speaking of Ron Paul, where is OKS at? I'm suprised he's not replying to every single comment in this thread.

There's like one Romney supporter period on ATS, and they made a thread. Of course I'm convinced the are on the campaigns bankroll.

You can make that two Romney supporters. This one is definitely not on the bankroll, I could use the cash though if you can figure out how to make it happen.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I'm reading now that he got the other half of the delegates in Iowa....that means he picked up 100% there.

So what states has Romney won? I know he has Florida which is huge., and maybe new hampshire.

Can someone get an accurate Romney count? We all know what Paul's got, it gets posted daily.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a thread that will answer your question.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Fox news is now reporting this.

At 1:13 it sounds like a freudian slip, where he is about to say, "pack more stealth"; and then he goes on to say, 'pack more state delegations".

Maybe, he was about to say,"pack more stealth delegates".
edit on 8-5-2012 by ogbert because: added observation

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join