It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul/Nader 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I was contemplating Ron Paul's situation today with WookieP, and we began talking about the situation in reference to Vice Presidency... And it dawned on us...

Ralph Nader.

Think about it, adding another conservative to the ticket will not heavily change Ron Paul's direction. Addin someone like Mitt Romney to the ticket might bolster the campaign but... Honestly it would damage the integrity of Paul's campaign and overall message...

Someone like Ralph Nader would break down the partisan boundaries that plague modern politics and would resume quite a large amount of support from the leftists as well as potentially all the independant vote. I think this is a best case scenario, not to mention that Paul already endorsed Nader in 08 so they already have a bit of a bond together. Together, they have already agreed on such issue as the Fed and foreign policy, proving that separate parties can agree on what truly matters...

Here is another ATS thread that I stumbled upon that I believe is relevant to his topic:
Ron Paul, Ralph Nader agree on 'progressive-libertarian alliance

And here is a video everyone should watch for motivational purposes:

edit on 6-5-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Not a bad idea I suppose.
But if I were him,I'd pick my son.

Who else can you trust?
Family first.
I think a Ron/Rand Paul ticket could work.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

I am not sayin that wouldn't work... I mean I will support Ron Paul no matter what but, well campaign speaking it doesn't do much.

We must not forget to analyze Rand Paul before we assume things... We should not just choose to trust him because he is the son of Dr. Paul. I still think Nader would be a larger benefit, both voter wise and concept wise

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I would honestly like to see a Ron Paul, Jesse Ventura 2012...I think if you had those two, things would change rather quickly, and the message would be on a grander scale...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Again, not that that wouldn't be a fine choice... It would bring in the wrong type of publicity and likely not any new supporters... Nader will bring in all the people who don't like Obama, a chunk of green liberals who do, and all the independants (generally speaking of course)

Ventura... Well we would be in a very similar situation as we are in now, but the media would make fun of the campaign instead of just ignore us...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

but the media would make fun of the campaign instead of just ignore us...

Once people see beyond the MSM facade it really won't matter what the media tries to do, because we would laugh back at them...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have to disagree,, Paul needs a mannequin body as VP like Romney, someone that will just keep quiet and has no real clear policy or philosophy or ground support,,,nah bad idea,,,Romney would make him look bad,,,maybe a woman,,just not Bachman, maybe Bachmanns husband? he can get Paul the evangelical vote. Nope wont work,,Napolitano would be good. Or Phil Donahue. Ventura would just get him laughed at even though I like Ventura and Nader...Maybe he could get Obama as VP to lie for him if need be,,NAH he wouldnt do that...Im thinking Condoleeza Rice for a SURE VOTE...or chris rock,,He needs a black man/woman to make it fair though, not that he isnt fair but it would push him to the top. My black friends hate it that most of their family votes for Obama simply because of his color, even when they full well know the man is a liar,,if I were Obama and a Black politician called me a liar like a few months ago, Id bury my head in the sands of Kenya.
edit on 6-5-2012 by avatard because: ?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

But can that occur before the elections in November? I am not quite sure we'll be that lucky haha

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

That makes no sense... Donahue over Nader? You do know who Nader is right? You should get back to me on this after some pondering...

None of your comments make much sense or even makes me think you have a grasp on what the Paul campaign is about... Though, the judge isn't a horrible choice
still won't buy many more votes though

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

But can that occur before the elections in November?

Paul came this far...I think anything is possible before November...If there obviously wasn't support from the masses then RP wouldn't have gotten this far...I am just happy he has accomplished more then in 2008. I guess all it took was 4 years of Obama for people to wake up finally...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Again, another common problem in Paul threads whenever his son is brought up.

Ron = Your Savior
Rand = Aqua Buddha

Get it right.

I started a similar thread suggesting a Ron Paul-Dennis Kucinich alliance.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I can see how it would work.

Ever since the passing of the 12th amendment, vice-Presidents have been chosen to "balance" the ticket. e.i. back in pre-Civil war days, the President and vice-President would always be Northerner and Southerner, or vice versa. Paul's campaign is all about tearing down the system, something the two party government we've had for centuries is now a large player in.

By choosing Nader, a Democrat in the same way Paul is a Republican, Paul would balance his ticket in the eyes of the kind of people who would support him, e.i. the independent and "moderates" (the people who actually belong in one of the two parties, the real liberals and conservatives). Right now there's a stigma against voting republican, something that will work against Paul getting the liberal and independent vote that he needs to win, whether it be as a GOP nominee or as a third party candidate. Choosing Nader as his Vice-President will help him to break down that wall that's threatening to stop him just in-front of the white house.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Well to say "savior" would be a bit... Dishumbled... But I tend to agree that too many people place faith in rand simply because of his blood ties. I'd vote for him, but only after I put him through the same political tests I have put Ron Paul through. You should post a link to your bread here, that was also a thought in my mind

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think a Paul/Nader ticket would be an ideal dream ticket.
An establishment Republican VP would not give Paul a whole lot more support than he already has. IF, hypothetically he were to get the Republican nomination, the establishment on the right would either be forced to vote Ron Paul or not vote at all. I think even the ne-cons would still vote Paul over Obama, regardless of who the VP choice is.

With Nader on the ticket with Paul, this would seal in a lot of votes from the left who were once die hard Nader fans in 2000, as well as bring in many liberals who are now just sick of Obama. The dems got a taste of what the establishment and media is doing to Ron Paul back in 2000, when Nader got nearly the exact same treatment. (but from Democratic party) They aren't completely un-familiar with this, so this could re-kindle quite a passion from the left as well. Again, I think this would be a great ticket.

Here's a trailer for a good documentary on Nader. I'd recommend this documentary "Ralph Nader and Unreasonable Man" for anyone wishing to see his perspective and how the media/democratic party treated him. This is one more example of why we shouldn't be voting for the good of the "party", but for the good of the country.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join