It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would anybody not support Ron Paul?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by maxella1

Okey, here's my reason why I won't support Mr. Paul. On a personal level, to me he throws of the same bad vibes I got from obama. Just something about him feels off. And to answer the Mr. Romney question? I'm not thrilled with him either, but I feel he's the lesser evil if you will. All I know is we can still salvage the country, but we have to get obama out of office while we still have a country.
Then I'll be open to a third party canidate.

Replacing Obama with Romney will change nothing. They work for the same people and its not us.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Why would you not support Ron Paul?

Because he's another ignorant Texan who has no clue whatever of how our country works. He wanted to destroy our government which makes our society prosperous, comfortable and safe compared to how life used to be without it If you don't believe it just look where the richest areas in America are- commuting distance to DC.

I hope you're being sarcastic. lol
edit on 7-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
threads like this are one of the main reasons why im not voting for Paul... Ron Paul fans this year are acting like Obama fans in 08 and its sort of too much to handle

Only we actually believe in his policies.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

Originally posted by Nite_wing
A lot of the Ron Paul supporters forgot that the rest of us were watching the debates (unless of course they were standing by the mailbox wondering why their check is late.)

For those who didn't watch the debates, take it from us who did...

We do not support Ron Paul because we watched the debates. Simple answer.

What about the debates made you not support Ron Paul?

Ron Paul does not express himself well. He says things without explaining them. His answers were too short. I understand that none of us likes B.S. but one needs to explain more of why they are against certain things. Ron Paul could not beat Obama on stage and that is where this election will be made; in the debates. If he does not have a presidential appearance, he will not beat Obama.

Paul does not have presidential appearance. This may sound oafish but look at our past leaders all the way back to Carter. They had "standing" or a presidential demeanor. Ron Paul does not. Presence is important. Look at Kim Jung Un. He does not have the stature of a leader and he is a tyrant (or a puppet) but no one will listen to him without presence of authority.

Ron Paul has many good ideas but many more that are so radical they are almost as dangerous as Obama.
Ron Paul cannot sway Congress for anything and they will shun him.
Ron Paul has no business experience and is unable to negotiate. However, I don't think he will ever say he will have more flexibility after his election like Obama did.
I don't think he will lie like Obama does but he will not be able to get anything done. He does not "seem" powerful so people will not take him seriously.

Paul would make a good Secretary of the Treasury. He has not International Experience.
This is just my opinion and you asked.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Just to add on to this

Ron Paul has gotten up from a couple interviews and walked out in a hissy fit because of the questions being asked...

I think he has some maturing to do before he can run for president...

he acts like a 10 year old

"you cheated, im telling, not playing anymore"

seems about right

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
I wouldn't support Ron Paul because as college student I had the typical sophomoric Ayn Rand crush. But as I matured and grew I realized that she was crazy. Ron Paul got stuck, and still has the crush.

Love this.

What I see is 50 tribes (states). Christian tribes forming - with advertising incentives to bring in more - joining with other states to form a larger tribe. Survivalists/hunters etc forming their tribe. Islam tribes forming. Millionaire states etc.

Then we'll be just like Afghanistan - - - all the tribes vying for power.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln www.brainyquote.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Who would he fight WITH? He has to get support from the entire Congress and Senate and everyone else.

Look how much fighting OBAMA has gone through. Really tough. And his ideas are pretty much hated all around.

Paul will have the same battle...but he wont win anyway...so the point is moot.

And the PREZ is only around 4 -8 years....and the country goes on, and on, on and on....and the Fat-Cats will still be in place when he's gone.

Thats the real issue. Prez's come and go...really fast too....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

and when he doesnt get his way

he will probably do the same thing Obama has done

deflect and blame, or cry and claim they cheated

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Just to add on to this

Ron Paul has gotten up from a couple interviews and walked out in a hissy fit because of the questions being asked...

seems about right

What interviews did he walk out of in a hissy fit?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

and when he doesnt get his way

he will probably do the same thing Obama has done

deflect and blame, or cry and claim they cheated

His record shows the opposite, he is not a flipp floper.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Who would he fight WITH? He has to get support from the entire Congress and Senate and everyone else.

The Congress and Senate do not represent us anymore, and he would fight with them because he works for the people not for the banks like they are.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

A lot of the Ron Paul supporters forgot that the rest of us were watching the debates (unless of course they were standing by the mailbox wondering why their check is late.)

For those who didn't watch the debates, take it from us who did...

We do not support Ron Paul because we watched the debates. Simple answer.

What about the debates made you not support Ron Paul?

Ron Paul does not express himself well. He says things without explaining them. His answers were too short. I understand that none of us likes B.S. but one needs to explain more of why they are against certain things. Ron Paul could not beat Obama on stage and that is where this election will be made; in the debates. If he does not have a presidential appearance, he will not beat Obama.

Paul does not have presidential appearance. This may sound oafish but look at our past leaders all the way back to Carter. They had "standing" or a presidential demeanor. Ron Paul does not. Presence is important. Look at Kim Jung Un. He does not have the stature of a leader and he is a tyrant (or a puppet) but no one will listen to him without presence of authority.

Ron Paul has many good ideas but many more that are so radical they are almost as dangerous as Obama.
Ron Paul cannot sway Congress for anything and they will shun him.
Ron Paul has no business experience and is unable to negotiate. However, I don't think he will ever say he will have more flexibility after his election like Obama did.
I don't think he will lie like Obama does but he will not be able to get anything done. He does not "seem" powerful so people will not take him seriously.

Paul would make a good Secretary of the Treasury. He has not International Experience.
This is just my opinion and you asked.

He has no business experience yet he predicted the economic collaps. You sound like this is a beauty contest. He doesn't look like previous Presidents, he also doesn't lie like them, that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 7-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Just to add on to this

seems about right

Quote the right person please.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Just to add on to this

seems about right

Quote the right person please.

What are you talking about ? I quoted DrNotforhire reply to your post.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

here ya go

read for yourself
Ron Paul Storms out of an interview

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by DrNotforhire

here ya go

read for yourself
Ron Paul Storms out of an interview

What ?

Link

The unedited video of the infamous Ron Paul interview conducted by CNN’s Gloria Borger. Note that the interview time is a little longer than the average televised interview on a major network and that Mrs. Borger (wife of a lobbyist representing the Military Industrial Complex) is dragging out a question that has been sufficiently answered 4 times. The interview was over, the edited video was clearly a lie meant to hurt Dr. Paul, and the only reason CNN came clean and released this is because it backfired.

Try again !

edit on 8-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

did he walk out of an interview

Yes or No... I'm not playing semantics... It's called politics, RP's skin is too thin, he can't play the game.. He doesn't deserve to win

thats just my opinion

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

did he walk out of an interview

Yes or No... I'm not playing semantics... It's called politics, RP's skin is too thin, he can't play the game.. He doesn't deserve to win

thats just my opinion

What wrong with you? How many times does he have to answer the same question? And how long should the interview be?

She had no more questions and kept asking the same thing over and over again, and Ron Paul kept answering.

You don’t deserve to Vote !! thats just my opinion

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well good for us we don't live in that Fascist world you dreamt up where if you disagree with someone you don't get to vote

I will be voting :-D for someone other than Ron Paul, and due to the recent RP syndrome that has been going around, I have been able to convince people to not vote for RP...

He acted like a two year old.... My dad asks me the same question 4 or 5 times too, but he does that when he knows im lying to him

Maybe the MSM knew RP was lying

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well good for us we don't live in that Fascist world you dreamt up where if you disagree with someone you don't get to vote

I will be voting :-D for someone other than Ron Paul, and due to the recent RP syndrome that has been going around, I have been able to convince people to not vote for RP...

He acted like a two year old.... My dad asks me the same question 4 or 5 times too, but he does that when he knows im lying to him

Maybe the MSM knew RP was lying

Did you convince people not to vote for him be same type of lies like you tried here?

This Ron Paul syndrome is called TRUTH, look it up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join