It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would anybody not support Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Why would you not support Ron Paul?
It's like twilight zone out there. People want freedom and peace, but don’t support Ron Paul. He is the only one who wants what you want. Romney and Obama don't care for freedom and peace.

If you really want to change America to what it was supposed to be, a nation of laws, personal freedom and responsibility, If you really want peace and prosperity for the next generation vote for the guy that wants the same thing.

Ron Paul wants what you want!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Uh....not that I don't agree with you, but how is your position than a Romney suporter saying why would anyone not support Romney. Or an Obama supporter saying why would anyone not support him?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

One of the problems that Ron Paul has is the MSM, which has been quite antagonistic to him. They alternate between ignoring him, or spreading lies about him. Ron Paul, if permitted, would drastically cut military actions, such as preemptive strikes, which of course, would be bad for the armament industry. He would, if allowed, slowly reduce the powers of the Fed, eventually eliminating it. I agree with those actions, but there are very rich and powerful people that would not allow that to happen.
I believe that if the general public were to learn what Ron Paul is really about, they would overwhelmingly elect him. However, that will not happen, as unfortunate as that is.
I have been a supporter of Ron Paul for many years, but I am also a realist. The average "person on the street" either does not know him, or believes the lies that have been spread about him. Remember, that the average ATS member certainly knows quite a bit more about Dr. Paul, than the average voter.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
because when it's convienent they like to point out, "remember Obama promised change? what happened to that"

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I agree that it is the MSM, and also all the talking head republicans - IE Hannity, Rush, Mike whatever his name is Med wish...something

I listen to them even though I'm of a liberal bent - and I am a RP supporter. They really come across like they would RATHER have Obama in office again than RP. They act like something is so WRONG with Ron Paul that the country would crash, burn, and implode should he even be given time on one of their shows, much LESS office of the POTUS.

They are all idiots. Sorry Republicans. I listen to those people talk about smaller government and I can tell they don't even know what that means. They act like his foreign policy would be leaving America open to nuclear attack and every nation on the planet has a finger on the button just waiting for his election, even countries that don't have a bomb, or an air force. lol

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Because when your told lies all your life, and then comes someone telling you that what your being told is lies, you know nothing but and will defend your brainwashed lies with your life.

Divide and conquer

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
he is just too extreme for my taste

get rid of the IRS and income tax

ok

so what are you going to cut from the budget ? everything ?

that sounds fine and dandy until grandma and grandpa have to move in with you and die a painful death and go broke

what we would get is a wasted 4 years, with congress shutting him down at every turn, his own party doesn't even want him

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Because Ron Paul won't bring about peace. You don't achieve peace through military downsizing and isolationism. Closing bases overseas reduces US ability to project power. 

I don't support the wars we've seen over the past decade but you must understand that having those bases doesn't mean war...it is a deterrent to war...and RP wants to remove our deterrent. 

Fail!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

There are people (snakes and devils rather) in this country who DONT want the business-as-usual BS to end. If it isnt stopped SOON, this country will be beyond the point of repair.

Bastards who are all for the selling-out of the country. Complete traitors to our country. Corruption and greed is number one for them. The country they couldnt care less about.

The typical scum-bag LIAR politician MOTIVATES them while TRUE Americans like Ron Paul they dislike.

These snakes and devils SIMPLY want the BS to continue in America, and they know Ron Paul will put an end to it. Therefore why they are not interested in him. MANY Right-winger shills in place too here spewing nonsense as usual. These such people arent interested in America being GREAT again, they are motivated by greed and corruption only.

Sad that there are folks in this world who can sleep comfortably in life while contributing to the extinction of the American dream for our children and grandchildren...

These such folks are part of the problem with this country. A HUGE PROBLEM. [color=limegreen]Folks whom our Founding Fathers would have HANGED by now...

Corrupt greedy traitors to America who should be sent to the gallows...

edit on 6-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
How many of these threads do we need? 1 per day?

There are a plethora of reasons not to like rp. The problem is, his followers refuse to hear them.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

There are people (snakes and devils rather) in this country who DONT want the BS business-as-usual to end.

Bastards who are all for the selling-out of the country. These people are TRAITORS and part of the problem with this country. Corruption and greed is what motivates them. Therefore the typical politician MOTIVATES them. Therefore a TRUE American like Ron Paul they dislike. These traitors to America want the BS to continue. And they know Ron Paul will put an end to it.

These such folks are part of the problem with this country.

This is what I am talking about. "if you dont support RP, you want to sell out this country". Standard political rhetoric. People dont want to hear why some of us dont like him. They simply want to try and convince us we are wrong.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Oh, wow...Well let me think...Where should I begin....

Here's a good link
diane-whitedove1.newsvine.com...

Also he says he would have voted against civil rights act
colorlines.com...

And he wants to get rid of Roe Vs Wade
www.rawstory.com...

Plus he wants to deregulate everything....THE DEREGULATION OF THE BANKS IS WHAT CAUSED TO FINANCIAL METLDOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! www.nationofchange.org...

Also he wants to end medicaid, medicaid and Social Security willyloman.wordpress.com...

He doesn't believe in the seperation of Church and State
www.lewrockwell.com...

So....basically he would end all regulation causing the rich to get richer, and the poor to get poorer....He's a Religious Nut who doesn't believe in evolution (watch the video I'm going to link to) want's to take away the right for women to have abortions, and doesn't believe in the separation of Church and State.....He wants to end all public healthcare programs, killing the sick, the poor and elderly people...

So wait....Why WOULD I vote for this guy?!?!?

Here I'll leave you with this video

edit on 6-5-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: Fixed Link

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Honestly, though...who needs bases everywhere when we have thousands of drones in the sky that will probably soon be able to vaporize the gun in your hand from the stratosphere?

..and I wish I gave half a crap about abortion. I'm 44 and I'm done. Frankly I worry more about DFCS and wars killing young men and women than what happens or doesn't happen to a fetus. I am pro-choice...it's just an issue way down on my list of priorities.
edit on 6-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I believe Ron Paul is a corporate plant. Who would benefit the most if Ron Paul got elected? Corporations that no longer have to follow any rules. Deregulation sure worked for the banking industry, right? So I guess we should apply that wonderful model to everything!!

Just because Ron Paul has voted the same for 20 years doesnt mean he isnt a plant....bought and paid for secretly by corporations...why do you think he has so much money to spend? This "grass roots" movement is so obviously fake I cant believe anyone buys it!!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow you're just asking for the trolls.

Here is what you will find, certain people will come in and highjack the thread and tell you the standard line of bs as to why Ron Paul is so Evil.

But what you won't hear is why you should vote for __________ instead.

I have yet to hear a single anti Ron Paul person state why I should vote for Romney, instead all I hear is why I shouldn't vote for Ron Paul which is no argument at all, and only points to trolling or high jacking the thread.

I fully support Ron Paul, and if someone can give me a legitimate reason to why I should vote for Romney, then I may consider it, but I have yet to hear one.

Remember check out the past posts of those who act this way, that will show if they are for real or Trolling. Ignore the Trolls and don't pad their paychecks.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
"Why would anybody not support Ron Paul? "

First off,I didnt read any posts,I just read the question,as to not incorporate anyone elses ideas on this.

My opinion as to why would be,CHANGE.

Not Obama change,real hard changes.

And deep down in most people,they are happy with the status quo.

Some of Paul's policies would take away the addiction of federal aid,which is being abused by many.
Another reason is that some people really believe in the boogie men hiding in the middle east,and therefore think its necessary for our troops remian locked in these "wars",to keep America safe.

Others in the "know" might be awre of what could happed if paul was elected and made a run at the fed,they may percieve birthing pains to come,should the fed come to an end.

Switching out Obama for Romney,to most,is like trading measles for chicken pox,different/all be it similar sicknesses,but still sick.
But no radical changes.

Id think people would wanna give Paul a chance to create real change.
We have had how many "elected" presidents,who have only takin this country further into the void.

Think,or imagine,what thee world could be like,with people being self reliant,familiy memebers not being sent off to die on wars that are not fought to keep America safe.

Just my 2 cents.~Cheers!~

Can people still imagine?

edit on 6-5-2012 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

If someone can give me a legitimate reason to why I should vote for Romney, then I may consider it, but I have yet to hear one.

I have four!

1) He's not RP
2) He won't close military bases abroad
3) He won't legalize every controlled substance under the sun and create a nation of doped up zombies
4) He won't ignore our allies when they ask for help

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by tw0330

If someone can give me a legitimate reason to why I should vote for Romney, then I may consider it, but I have yet to hear one.

I have four!

1) He's not RP
2) He won't close military bases abroad
3) He won't legalize every controlled substance under the sun and create a nation of doped up zombies
4) He won't ignore our allies when they ask for help

1.You ae correct.

2.And thats a good thing? What are we Rome? Have you looked at where these bases are all located?And there cost yearly?

3.LOL! Paul wouldnt even do that,dont misqoute the guy.Secondly,have you looked around?People who want to do said drugs ARE doing them. And legalising them would suddenyl make those who dont do them,start.
And whats the sense in wasting tax payer money locking someone up for smoking a joint?
When you could easily look at the harm drinking can cause.Yet thats legal.
Whats the worse a stoner could do? Boost the economy by excesive purchases of LIttle Debbies?

4.Paul wouldnt either.
But look at how much money we send to other countries yearly,
WE cant afford it!
How much do other coutries give us a year?
WE are broke.
And just because our "allies" get themselves into something,its not wise to believe you can run to big brother for help when you bite off more than you can chew.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
HERE ARE SOME GOOD REASONS SOME DO NOT SUPPORT RON PAUL

1- They are willfully ignorant or either ignorant in general
2- They think ignorant thoughts about social security and abortion., dont want to recognize paul's true stance
3- They would rather have abortion legal than world peace, even though Paul said its up to the parent(s)
4- They see their cool and intelligent friends digging Ron Paul and are rebelling ignorantly
5- They WANT more laws
6- They want the government in their computer and bedroom
7- They want to be told NO to medicinal herbs, raw milk, vitamins, and their gat marriages
8- They want drones over their house
9- They want to be told to shut up and dont argue with POTUS and DO NOT protest
10- They dont have a clue
11- They beleive Obamey doesnt compulsively lie
12- They dont appreciate an honest man, even though the things they disagree with ,they are regurgitating what the liars on CNN said and it isnt even accurate
13- They dont want tons of black and white folks to get out of jail for a damn plant
14- They think Ron paul wants to END our military, HOW STUPID OF YOU HATERS
15- They spend too much time trolling on ATS instead of reading which is always helpful.
16- They only troll Paul threads and not OBAMNEY because THERE ARE NO POSITIVE OBAMNEY THREADS to crap on
17- They listen to their stupid Newt loving Parents
18- They dont want an EX MILITARY guy serving, they want a draft dodger
19- They want WW3
20- They want BIG BLUE OBAMA GUMS
21- They want to get things for free at a workers expense
22- They dont want a trial when they are accused of committing the wrong kind of crime
23- They want their kids to be conditioned to be patted down and searched whenever wherever
24- They wish they were aborted
25- They think Obama is cool and Mitt is a HUMAN
26- They like being lied to about weapons of mass destruction for like 25 years now, where are they?
I could go on about how stupid someone is for voting Obomney and I dont need links, its common knowledge.
edit on 6-5-2012 by avatard because: 4got

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You are the doped up zombie.......people are gonna dope it up anyway,so why not make money off of em, its their right to harm their body if they want,,employment has drug testing policies in place,,Damn straight Ron Paul isnt that lying peice of # Romney..Are yoyu retarded bro? seriously, maybe you dont know it but just are? or are you like 11, if so Im sorry, you get a pass. People have been doing drugs for a long time without legal consent,,,,HOLD ON I GOTTA GO TO THE BATHROOM AND TAKE A STINKY MITT.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join