It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I being born in the USA I was taught to respect the President Most Americans I meet seem to Idolize

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I being born in the USA I was taught to respect the President Most Americans I meet seem to Idolize American Presidents. It is a Cult of Personality in my view. The American Presidents/Politicians are Puppets of the Wealthy/The Rich Big Money/Profit Corporations Banks the Media and the Lobbyists. Many Americans that I know think that the President and other past Presidents and other Politicians care about the people and the poor and the homeless are the Politicians Liars ? Also are these Politicians just good Christians or do they have a agenda thank you ?

Whether lobbyists work for a large organization, a private individual, or the general public, their goals and strategies are the same. First and foremost, lobbyists must be adept at the art of persuasion, which is the mainstay of their job. They must figure out how to sway politicians to vote on legislation in a way that favors the interest they represent. This means tailoring appeals to specific individuals as well as to group voting blocs, such as Southerners or pro-choicers. Lobbyists also occasionally lobby one another. When normally opposing groups find a common area of interest and can present a united front they are extremely effective.

www.princetonreview.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikejohnson2006
I being born in the USA I was taught to respect the President Most Americans I meet seem to Idolize American Presidents. It is a Cult of Personality in my view. The American Presidents/Politicians are Puppets of the Wealthy/The Rich Big Money/Profit Corporations Banks the Media and the Lobbyists. Many Americans that I know think that the President and other past Presidents and other Politicians care about the people and the poor and the homeless are the Politicians Liars ? Also are these Politicians just good Christians or do they have a agenda thank you ?

Whether lobbyists work for a large organization, a private individual, or the general public, their goals and strategies are the same. First and foremost, lobbyists must be adept at the art of persuasion, which is the mainstay of their job. They must figure out how to sway politicians to vote on legislation in a way that favors the interest they represent. This means tailoring appeals to specific individuals as well as to group voting blocs, such as Southerners or pro-choicers. Lobbyists also occasionally lobby one another. When normally opposing groups find a common area of interest and can present a united front they are extremely effective.

www.princetonreview.com...

Soooooo...... You are saying the president is corrupt and run by other "players"? I THINK I can make that out as your point.

Not exactly a groundbreaking thought there. Kinda like stating that you believe the sky is blue. and it's true!

Other than that, I can tell by your writing skills that you are definitely a product of the USA educational system.
edit on 6-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The President does NOT deserve respect by default, it is something he has to earn, just like everyone else.
One can respect the office, without respecting the President that holds that office.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Don't mind him.

You ever think that some people may have dyslexia?

I know I have it. My brain thinks faster than I type.

Doesn't mean they are wrong in what they are trying to say.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Let's not forget that the President is a public servant, like your local town clerk. He just has more responsibility. If anything, the President should respect the office even more than the people who put him there.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's hard to respect someone after they have lied to you multiple times.

Just saying.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
we are also taught that our vote matters.... and that is BS too

top topics

join