It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

101°F in my Florida town… awful

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PMNOrlando
I was feeling your pain today down in Kissimmee/St.Cloud area of Florida. Not sure yet what the high was down here today but here's a good sign it was as hot or hotter, as of 5:38pm it was 96 degrees, and that's at a time of day things are supposed to be cooling down. We live on a lake and the water level is down at least 3-4 feet than normal. We're in need of rain terribly.

I'm not far from you,it was brutal today.It has been for the last few days and it's going to be for the next week.All the lakes around me are really low as well.I'm already sick of the heat.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Another hot day in texas,we will be having another heat wave this year,so be ready,seems like it is getting hotter very early there is no more gently changing from season to season like it used to be,a sign prehaps?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So you are in the city?
It is always hotter there.
All that pavement and buildings - no or little of anything green.....

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It hit 98.8 °F at 4:00 PM here on the westside of J'ville so a couple degrees I wouldn't doubt it .

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Can't take the heat?

Get out of the kitchen!

I don't feel sorry for people who have this problem. Where I live, people think that moving to Florida will solve all their weather problems.

That is, until they encounter hurricanes and extreme heat.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Misoir

Can't take the heat?

Get out of the kitchen!

I don't feel sorry for people who have this problem. Where I live, people think that moving to Florida will solve all their weather problems.

That is, until they encounter hurricanes and extreme heat.

Anyone moving here who thinks it'll solve weather problems is an idiot.I regret moving here.I only did so because of a job.I miss having all 4 seasons that's for sure.I've been lucky though,no hurricanes since I've been here.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Yes, let me grab the thousands of dollars I have sitting around my house.
One thing people learn about Florida is that it is hell. I hear the same stories from so many people. They get here, become broke, find a lousy job, and cannot afford to escape. I, on the other hand, was born here, currently attend college, and am broke… if I could move out of Florida; it would have been done already.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by The Sword

Yes, let me grab the thousands of dollars I have sitting around my house.
One thing people learn about Florida is that it is hell. I hear the same stories from so many people. They get here, become broke, find a lousy job, and cannot afford to escape. I, on the other hand, was born here, currently attend college, and am broke… if I could move out of Florida; it would have been done already.

I think you nailed it.A lot of people have this illusion that Florida is nothing but beaches and sunshine and think everything is just peachy all the time.That's not even close to reality.The economy here is terrible.It's bad everywhere but it seems to be way worse here.The jobs that are available pay nothing.I got lucky with mine as it pays pretty well.I've already started to save to head back north.I refuse to raise my daughter here.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I probably should have thrown in note that I wasn't specifically targeting you.

But I do often wonder about people who move there with lofty expectations, only to become trapped.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
no state is perfect nor will any
solve anyones problems..

that said, shoveling snow sucks
snows heavy...

the people who got it right snowbird
stay infl during the winter and north in summer
no snow no heat no hurricanes no blizzards...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
no state is perfect nor will any
solve anyones problems..

that said, shoveling snow sucks
snows heavy...

the people who got it right snowbird
stay infl during the winter and north in summer
no snow no heat no hurricanes no blizzards...

I miss shoveling snow!

There's nothing redeeming about Florida trust me.

Bad economy..horrific crime..traffic...smelly water..hurricanes..tornados.

In other words...Florida sucks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join