It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Must See, if you are age 50 or over you should watch video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well isn't this interesting, what I've been doing is to look and see what other sources now before accepting "Before its News at its word, Usually I'll quote a different source and make a thought on that. However, I just did an search engine search on possible titles and the original title to this post and it came up no results found. Hmmm, What to make of that. Will try to post video before it to is removed

One day when you're old you may or may not depending of course on your quality of life wish to live to your meant to pass away age Now, I've had the idea why they'd like to be rid of "old" people (this includes those of you over 55) What is it most have you are products of a different age. When this country was alot more free then it is now. They would like the sheeple to have no other influence on the children then what they are told at school. They want future automatic votes, if tha will even matter in the future. What do you think? Farfretched or close. Or did I miss the original story.

Josey Wales

edit on 6-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add and typo

edit on 6-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Obama wasn't saying "take a pill" in the case of the woman who received a pacemaker. He was speaking about waste in the medical establishment where extra or unneeded tests are being preformed just to rack up charges for hospitals and doctors.

He was speaking in the context of a condition that could use surgery or also be treated by painkiller. In which, a painkiller could be sufficient.

My grandmother has about 20 surgeries that have been offered to her. She had about 3 major ones done. The rest she said, if she did them, would cut out near the rest of her life in recovery time. She took the painkiller...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is already a happening thing. The bama man has an interest in asking you to save the state some money and agree to die rather than rack up dollars in any kind of expensive care. Death squads? No. But they will come in and ask you if you would agree to terminate some types of care because you are putting a burden on the tax payers....has it happened? It is so close you can touch it. In some ways it is already here.........
I am an RN. I have been for many years, now retired. Now I am getting older. This whole situation isn't just an Obama thing. Although the bamma man has taken it to new heights. It is a mindset, with nearly everyone.
My specialty? Gerontology. Let me tell you why it isn't just the bamma guy that is responsible.
Here is a hypothetical situation which portrays what is happening in the government, and the field of medicine with respect to the elderly.
Someone gets old. They go on Medicare. They have no other insurance, and even if they do that insurance requires Medicare to pay first.
There is a Medicare playlist. It is real. If you are admitted with a fractured hip you get x number of days in the hospital which for older folks is not near enough. You get discharged, with stitches still in and sent to a Medicare approved nursing home where there isn't enough staff, and they are not that well paid.
You get an infection and are sent back to the hospital, and get another few days and once again are sent back to the NH way too soon.
1000 bucks for an ambulance trip one way ..now twice, Basically people are given the playbook to get well way to quickly. Services in many nursing homes are little more than lip service.
These are people ATS members. They hurt, they cry, they feel pain, and they should be given the best care we can provide. They indeed are not. Not a single person here can convince me our elderly are not being abused by the very system created to help it.
Post surgical complications in the elderly are rampant, and easily missed by overworked underpaid nurses and staff in nursing homes. This has been going on since the Medicare law first passed. I have seen many elderly patients die from complications that could have been avoided if it weren't for the Medicare play book. Indeed because of that playbook Medicare has paid out tons more money that they could have saved had it been managed right.
There are some good Nursing homes out there, but nursing homes are not the actual problem.
It is a mismanaged Medicare system. A system that has no regard for the sanctity or quality of life.
I am on Medicare now. I recently had a bout of chest pain. Went to the ER. Was admitted with a heart problem.
Turns out there was no heart problem. The next day the cardiologist tried to convince me to get a Cardiac Cath.
because "I am over 60 and a stage 2 diabetic. ....NOT
My pain was gone, and Echo cardiogram showed no problems. And the only actual pain was when I breathed in, and not constant. I knew I had a pleural effusion or pleurisy of some such. I am quite active and Cardiograms were negative. I looked at the Dr and said...quote
"This hospital does between 30-40 Cardiac Cath procedures a day doesn't it?" ..He said nothing...I continued
"I am curious how it is that more than 80% of those tests are actually negative?" ..then I asked him for the direct indication for the need of such an invasive and dangerous procedure. He just looked at me and said.
"I am the cardiologist, if you cannot do what I say you will need to find another one." I simply said
"I can do that....because I don't believe in unnecessary tests, regardless of who has to pay for it."
That test would have coast Medicare nearly 10 grand. I have a perfectly healthy heart.
Did a stress test a while back and they made me get off the treadmill because it wouldn't go any faster, and my heart was fine, even after an echo-cardiogram following it.
I ride a bike 30-40 miles a day. Do century rides...No I did not need that 10 thousand dollar test, and neither do many others who go through it....but hospitals and Drs. see that Medicare card and go wild!
If we are going to take care of our elderly then we need to do so. Right now and since Medicare began, it has not happened. I know this from first hand experience.
The Bama mans new insurance disaster will make things even worse. He has no interest in your welfare.
Here it is ATS for those Over 50 I give you America:
I try not to ramble but my specialty was the care of the elderly. With training in Hospice.
Keep in mind folks, society doesn't like to be burdened by anyone. Seems that TPTB have forgotten, that even they will get old one day...but then again..they don't have Medicare do they?
DH
edit on 6-5-2012 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
ya im not sure what to think on this statement. Sounds like he is saying when you get to a certain age take a pain killer to assist you during your death. He didnt say this literally but inbetween the words that is what I heard.
Its kinda alarming because with the youth of today they are being programmed ot believe the baby boomers are stealing from the system, I have read a few threads in reference to boomers think we are better then them think we deserve a free ride in our older years, well you know what? we earned our slower older life we worked are asses off to gain a small tiny piece of land and a modular home. And the youth think we dont deserve this, im a bit alarmed with all this

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think he also said people have some hard questions to ask them selves.

Now wait a minute.

Its not my governments place to make me ask myself important questions,

Living trusts.

what are these?

nod your head, you know what it is, and its a crock of crap the people screaming for medical reform also have living trusts set up.

The quality of your life is not my responsibility,

How many times did Jesus say "I am not my brothers keeper"

I think it is very fair that you pay for all of your care and if that means $300,000 of your life earned savings is paid out over the last 6 or 8 years of your life well good for you and tuff luck to the beneficiary of would be $300,000, or much more, or less
edit on 6-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

this topic has been hashed before and it seems will be again,

edit on 6-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

I enjoyed your "rambling"
You make a lot of sense. Reminded me a little of the AA worker's rant on how the company was being run. You should do an RN version!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

If you have no insurance know sense february if you go to the emergency room if it is a life threatening problem they will treat you enough to get you out of the hospital. My son broke his complete shin on top part and bottom part 2 breaks, they took him into surgery bolted it up wrapped it with a ace bandage gave him crutches and sent him home all within 8 hours. He dont get any after care because there is aero help out there know,

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Another epic moment for Berry

Only 6 more months and he'll be out

new topics

top topics

join