It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Moving Scuds to Israel, Turkey Borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Syria Moving Scuds to Israel, Turkey Borders

www.israelnationalnews.com

Jordanian news site Ahbar Baladna reports that western spy satellites have recently spotted movements of Syrian heavy missile launchers northward and southward, toward Syria's borders with Turkey and Israel.

Turkish and French officials said ten days ago they were mulling a potential military intervention in Syria, where civil war has been raging for 14 months.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Syrian refugees give Turkey premier hero's welcome

Treated to a hero's welcome, Turkey's prime minister met Syrian refugees Sunday for the first time since his country opened its doors to tens of thousands of Syrians fleeing their government's crackdown on a popular uprising.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan vowed to defend the rights of the Syrian people, saying they were close to achieving success. He was greeted by joyous Syrians at the largest refugee camp near the border.

www.ynetnews.com...

This isn't the first time that Syria has moved its SCUDs towards the border, but I feel if France/Turkey start to move in that Syria will strike.....not like it's leadership has anything to lose at that point. (the Iran will more then likely support its ally)

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
When it comes to Syria we get very few truths and placing scuds right on the border leaves them open to attack.

Sorry but I need more proof and whos to say these are not defensive missiles much like the missiles being placed all around Russia and China incase Israel attacks.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
SO completely tired of Syria news. All ive seen on here for the last year was how NATO intervention and no fly zones were suppose to happen every week and nothing has and nothing will!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
SO completely tired of Syria news. All ive seen on here for the last year was how NATO intervention and no fly zones were suppose to happen every week and nothing has and nothing will!

NATO intervention would have happened months ago with the same situation as what happened to Libya. The only reason this is different now is because Russia and China are not letting NATO make the same exact decisions as they did with Libya. Russia and China blocked the UN Security Council Resolution which would have allowed NATO to intervene in Syria. Russia learned their mistake from allowing it a year ago in Libya.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
When you place your long range attack capability that close to the boarder
it's either a signaling move, i can hit X cities so don't F with me. or if you are
prepaid to do it, then it has to be done with in hours if not minutes form the word
go. otherwise the scuds will be targeted and destroyed, the Special forces are
pretty good at lasing them for airial strikes. scuds a not very accurate
depending on their vintage so it would be best to aim for civilian centers.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
We're getting close to the end game now.
Moving such launch pads isn't cheap so imo they're preparing for war.

Also we got Russia talking about striking the anti missile shield
The missing ingredient is Iran, its been awfully quiet arround that subject, even MSM isnt showing the regular propaganda

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007
When it comes to Syria we get very few truths and placing scuds right on the border leaves them open to attack.

Sorry but I need more proof and whos to say these are not defensive missiles much like the missiles being placed all around Russia and China incase Israel attacks.

Moving Scuds has nothing to do with being open to an attack. A Scud is not anything defensive, it is a long range missile intended to hit ground targets. Your assumption for them to be "open for an attack" because they are moving Scud launchers in order to achieve more range, is uneducated and silly.

That covers your next rant about this being a defensive missile. I suppose you really don't know what a Scud is and what are it's purposes.
edit on 7-5-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HellaKitty

What end game?

Ooooo, those precision scuds..
.I'm sure the Turks and Israelis are very afraid...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

Launch 1K of them.. Or hell what, laucnh 100

Who needs precision if you got numbers

Lets say you end up in a war, would you like a precision weapon (ie. Sniper rifle)
Or a less accurate automatic weapon which is superior as it fires more bullets in less time?

They cant lase them all down

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Scuds are useless duds, they would have to use much more sophisticated technology these days.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The better question is what kind of warheads do they have, and how many. Scuds are very inaccurate with a CEP of something like 1000 yards.

Course if you fire 50 into a 1 square mile populated area each with a conventional explosive, you will reek alot of havoc. Not to mention even though the Iraqis' never put chemical or biologicial weapons on their SCUDs, it doesn't mean Syria hasn't......

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Still seems to me that they would be causing more damage to Palestine than Israel...

With that kind of accuracy, right? Then what will Hizbullah say?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellaKitty

Also we got Russia talking about striking the anti missile shield
The missing ingredient is Iran, its been awfully quiet arround that subject, even MSM isnt showing the regular propaganda

I agree we are getting closer for war, and on TV the TV box has been showing us the sheeps a lots of war films as of late.
So its a sign that means we are getting close, i dont think america will win this time, an alliance with Russia/China doesn't so good.

Why? hard to beat, Russia's military tech has pretty much upgraded from what i have seen so far, and i will laugh at some people if they think America will kick some ass and win that easily.

They might if America bombs Russia's nonfunctional nuclear power plants, turning Russia into a huge nuke wasteland, now i hope that doesn't happen.

new topics

join