It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What's the reason to why you keep going to work?

Or what is the reason you keep looking for a job?

I've been out of work for a long time. I'm sure no one would hire because of so. So all in all, jobs just aint for me like college turned out wasn't for me. I have more reason to play the lotto than seek a job. Though I would like a factory type of job, come to find out, after playing this easy video game on my computer that dealt with some factory type work.

I haven't worked since '98. And plus I lost the info on the times I worked in the past, and you know how job aps like for you to list that info. Last thing I remember was seeking a job for a long period of time and didn't get any that would hire me.

Right now I take it that everybody that doesn't have a job is locked out of a job. The people to job ratio is way off.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Personally...I think people need to quit btchn' and complain'n--look into yourselves...find creativity and do something...be your passion--don't rely on a "job" to make you happy. Entrepreneurs--that's the future..we need to band together--buck the day in day out system and find our inner selves. I've done it and so can you...it's a very long and sometimes hard road..especially, when you start from nothing..but anyone can get there.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Only staying with my job for the status. This way I'll be able to find another job and I won't have a problem. Definitely not staying for the paycheck.

I don't know what it is, but every dang job I get, I never get any dang hours. It always goes to the pet hour hogs. Talk about ethical practices. And it's not even against the law. Should be. Enough hours to go around in a day, week, and month to disperse it evenly amongst employees to make all the employees happy.

Such BS

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If I was in your situation......I would tap America's #1 resource.

Scrap metal prices are sky-rocketing at the moment and the USA is full of rusting steel structures.

Maybe it's the metalworker in me...but when I see rusty metal.....I see $$$

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It took me nearly 3 years to find the job I got in November, last fall. I've just lost it because the chefs wife didn't like me (seriously, the chef told me this.) She told me I was fired for setting up our restaurants Urbanspoon entry (they didn't know about those sites and it would have ended up there any how...so better one of us, than a customer did it). BUT- I made that in November (they knew and were ok about it then), and she told me that my making that entry for the restaurant was against company policy....on April 8th, 5 months or so after the fact.

So now I'm screwed again and have lost hope completely.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Scrap metal prices are sky-rocketing at the moment and the USA is full of rusting steel structures.

Would be great perhaps but I don't own and operate a motor vehicle. Be best to have a pick-up truck for that sort of thing, I bet. But I think owing and operating a motor vehicle is a hassle. But anyway, I have no motor vehicle money. Thanks for the idea though.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Living off the government is depressing. Right now I'm taking food stamps, I admit. It's not bothering me. In fact I love it. However, I had subsidized housing about 20 years ago and I hated it. It was too much. They were constantly prying into my private affairs. And I just didn't like the feeling of not paying my own rent. It was like my home wasn't really mine. To me it feels creepy feeling like I can't provide for myself, but if you don't mind, then go for it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
Personally...I think people need to quit btchn' and complain'n--look into yourselves...find creativity and do something...be your passion--don't rely on a "job" to make you happy. Entrepreneurs--that's the future..we need to band together--buck the day in day out system and find our inner selves. I've done it and so can you...it's a very long and sometimes hard road..especially, when you start from nothing..but anyone can get there.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

It aint easy with all these illegal everything laws as a heavey weight on potential entrepreneurs.

My last creative idea is to become a butler without having training, because for one, I can't get overseas for training and I don't have the money for training at some place. I offered to be a butler on a hippy website... Yet no one could afford me I think. I think I asked for $1000 a week. Yet I guess a hippy website doesn't have rich folks as members.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
It took me nearly 3 years to find the job I got in November, last fall. I've just lost it because the chefs wife didn't like me (seriously, the chef told me this.) She told me I was fired for setting up our restaurants Urbanspoon entry (they didn't know about those sites and it would have ended up there any how...so better one of us, than a customer did it). BUT- I made that in November (they knew and were ok about it then), and she told me that my making that entry for the restaurant was against company policy....on April 8th, 5 months or so after the fact.

So now I'm screwed again and have lost hope completely.

Nurse your hurt feelings for a few days and then get up and start looking. You can't give up. There's plenty of time to give up when you're dead.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Would be great perhaps but I don't own and operate a motor vehicle. Be best to have a pick-up truck for that sort of thing, I bet. But I think owing and operating a motor vehicle is a hassle. But anyway, I have no motor vehicle money. Thanks for the idea though.

It's not as hard as you might think.

A truck $600.

The only thing stopping you .....is you.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

$1,000 a week for an untrained butler...surely you jest....

You are asking way too much for way too little....

Des

new topics

top topics

join