It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I chose Mitt Romney over Ron Paul and Barack Huessein Obama II

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
The highly anticipated thread about why I am voting for Mitt Romney:

A few bullet points to get your minds going...

Mitt Romney believes that it is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon.
Believes in a strong military offensive as well as defensive.
Mitt Romney wants to amend the clean air act and any other crazy environmental polices that Obama has enacted in his three years.
Mitt Romney would like to modernized medicare and social security so that they are sustainable for our generation.
Mitt Romney believes whole heatedly in legal immigration, as his family were immigrants. As were all of ours. He knows the system for immigration is broken and he wants to streamline it and take away unnecessary regulations that makes it harder for immigrants to come here. He will secure the border and take away all entitlements which entice immigrants to come here illegally.
Mitt Romney understands that any economic turnaround starts with realistic and attainable goals. Which is why he has proposed his plan which cuts federal spending below 20% for the first year. He will cut $500 Billion by 2016. He will also make congress cut 5% of their budget across the board on day one!

Other plans that affect the economy will be to:
repeal ObamaCare saving $95 Billion as well as individual liberty
He wants to privatize Amtrak which will save us 1.6 Billion
He wants to cut $600 Million in federal subsidies to corporations like PBS and Legal Services Corporation
He wants to eliminate Planned Parenthood which will save us $300 Million
He wants to reduce foreign aid by $100 Million and ask congress why they are sending money to enemies of America. He will eliminate that as well.

For personal income Mitt Romney would like to make 20% tax cuts across the board
Eliminate taxes for those making $200,000 or LESS
For Corporations he would like to make a 25% tax cut across the board.

For Health Care. In place of Obamacare, Mitt will pursue policies that give each state the power to craft a health care reform plan that is best for its own citizens.

Let me know if you want me to include something that I missed and I will surely go back and tell you what Romney wants to do. See, Mitt Romney does not look like Obama so much now does he? While he may not have "revolutionary" plans like Ron Paul, we can't honestly start to fix the problems without first doing something drastic but reasonable and realistic about them!

All information was taken from MittRomney.com

edit on 6-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Romney is a corporate raiding scumbag! He is a moron and doesn't really care about the average person. He will support his corporate benefactors over the people by doing just what Obummer has done...... took advice from the current establishment which is only interested in more top heavy "too big to fail" corporations and Wall Street.

I have a news flash for you and I just want to watch it unfold this year.

Romney is this years "designated loser" of the corrupt two party system. I do not believe the Republican Party really wants to win the Presidency since no matter who becomes president the economy can not recover. There will be no improvement but just stagflation.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Mitt Romney believes that it is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon.

The US created Iran when we depose their PM in the 50's.

In addition to that, we have created a world in which we reward people for having nukes. Look at our history. If you don't have a nuke we beat the crap out of you. However, if you do (russia, china, N. Korea, Pakistan) you have the club card and we all agree to get along. We are reinforcing the behavior we claim to be against. We have surrounded Iran with our military then feign surprise when they attempt to develop the one weapon that will ensure we won't mess with you?

Believes in a strong military offensive as well as defensive.

Offensive as in "start wars" offensive? This is good because....? When in history has the aggressor ever been the hero? Ever? Starting wars is good for us how? This is just silly.

Mitt Romney wants to amend the clean air act and any other crazy environmental polices that Obama has enacted in his three years.

Ron Paul wants to eliminate the EPA. BOOYAAAH! Forget your mamby pamby talking points on the clean air act. Man up! Get rid of an entire Agency MUG!

Mitt Romney would like to modernized medicare and social security so that they are sustainable for our generation.

Uh, if this weren't a standard talking point for every candidate in the past 30 years it may have some value. Unfortunately, it is all BS. Like abortion, Social security and medicare are political talking points only. Both parties rape and pillage these funds. Romney is no different.

Mitt Romney believes whole heatedly in legal immigration, as his family were immigrants. As were all of ours. He knows the system for immigration is broken and he wants to streamline it and take away unnecessary regulations that makes it harder for immigrants to come here. He will secure the border and take away all entitlements which entice immigrants to come here illegally.

Which Romney is this? The one that is campaigning in the Northern states like NY or the one campaigning in somewhere like Arizona? they are two different Romney's you know. These are also typical political campaign talking points where each party attempts to gain support by promising the latinos, something. Either way, they will do little about it, other than talk.

besides, which politiican is going to say they are against legal immigration anyhow? the fact that you would vote for Romney because he is for legal immigration is rediculous. They are all for legal immigration.

Oh, and are you talking about his immigrant family that came over to the US on some boat or the one that fled the US so they could keep their cash and wives and then returned from Mexico when it was convenient? Just curious.

Mitt Romney understands that any economic turnaround starts with realistic and attainable goals. Which is why he has proposed his plan which cuts federal spending below 20% for the first year. He will cut $500 Billion by 2016. He will also make congress cut 5% of their budget across the board on day one!

Ha. Ron Paul actually has a plan and it cuts actual spending by 1 Trillion dollars. Romney has "cuts" based on "projected" increases in spending over future years. This is a bunch of BS because
1) he can't tell congress what to do, at all, ever. The president doesn't appropriate funds, congress does. the president just signs the bill.
2) He is cooking the books. Just like congress, he is cutting from projected budget increases. This is like me saying I plan to spend an extra 10k a year each year for the next 10 years on shampoo. I then decide to cut that by 50% and then tell my family that I "saved" money. It is all imaginary. And you are buying it.

There is this bridge I would like to sell btw.....

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by Damrod
On one hand, it is no different than saying "you can't steal or you go to jail"...if there were no cops, how would you ever stop people from stealing your porch furniture when you weren't home?

But this is exactly what Ron Paul's policies lead to...the no cops that you are talking about. Ron Paul wants to actually eliminate the EPA, so there goes all of your defense for your clean air act. It won't exist under Ron Paul!

It shouldn't exist.. Why do you think all production is in countries where these regulations don't exist?
edit on 6-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Have you seen the major bodies of water in China or India?

You and Ron are plum f-ing crazy if you want red rivers here in America. You are even CRAZIER
if you think private companies will defend the environment on their own volition, just look at
CHINA, INDIA, MEXICO -

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Most of them hate Romney simply because they’re in love with RP…it’s a sickness. If RP came to a sudden stop most of these people would fly right up his….

Quoted for truth

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Romney's philosophy in the private sector is survival of the fittest and take what you can get for yourself and your cronies. His philosophy is not magically going to change going into the White House.

If anything, he will justify the same philosophy he has now by saying what is good for Big Business is good for America.

How is that working out? The criminals in the Financial Sector, Mega Corporations and in the Government just take and take and take and don't know when to stop.

Time for the gravy train to end for the elites off the hard working backs of American's
I'm tired of my tax dollars supporting these parasites that rig the game for their own amusement.

Shrink the government and take away their power then the small business's of America as well as everyone else in this country will have a chance and will be represented equally.

Vote Ron Paul

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

You chose Romney because you fell for the marketing campaign.
Put Romney on MUTE, Turn foxnews off ,so you don't get fooled by the 'R' label on his t-shirt.

Then look at his gov't voting record and history. If you are a DEMOCRAT then you WOULD be impressed with his record and especially since Romney did what Obama hasn't been able to do. Romney ACTUALLY implement a government mandated healthcare system. ROMNEYCARE was what inspired OBAMACARE.

So you are voting for Romney because:
1. The GOP is telling you to
2. You are democrat.

I think the OP clearly laid out his reasons for voting for Romney. Go back to page one and READ SLOWER. It’s so typical that you’d jump in with the ‘FOX News’ bashing!

Where do RP supporters get their news??
Maybe RP should have run as a libertarian and not F’d up the GOP primary!

edit on 6-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
How is our military any less prepared under Obama? He's expanded the wars, and upgraded our arsenal with unmanned drones among other things.

Oh good someone finally talking about Obama, I am shocked actually. Obama has given money to the Muslim Brotherhood, he has cut military down, pulled out of Iraq completely and too quickly. We need at least a squadron there to maintain stability in case the people cannot handle situations. He's also cut NASA which has always been a big help to the military. I can go on but you get the point

I'd like some documentation that he has cut the military down. Withdrawing from Iraq doesn't equal cutting military spending.
Yeah, he pulled out of Iraq(IMO, in a timely fashion, not soon enough actually), but we really aren't needed there. We DO have troops there still, btw.
NASA still gets funding. They just scrapped the shuttle program. NASA is still up and running, probably ONLY doing military stuff now.

You seem very ill-informed.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
-Used government subsidies to save the olympics and his companies while claiming the credit for himself as being a good businessman.

-Extremely ashamed of his flip flopping record

-Has no idea what it is like not to live a good life (nothing wrong with that but it would not possess him to do anything about the economic turmoil of this country)

-Chickenhawk, protested for the Vietnam war and dodged the draft by having daddy send him to France.

-Would 'absolutely' sign the NDAA 2012

-Advisors in his campaign are same advisors in Bush administration and connected to billions in war contracts

-Basically another Obama.

edit on 6-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Nite_wing

Whoa, wasn't G.W Bush on vacation a lot during his terms?

NEWS FLASH: Presidents go on vacation ALL THE TIME. Since when do they do any real work? They're figureheads and nothing more!

Whoa! Where did I say anything about Obama taking vacations? Read the post. It was Michelle I was referring to. By the way, Bush spent his vacations and Christmas generally at Camp David. A lot closer than Hawaii. Maybe Obama went there to make sure his Birth Certificate was still under lock and key and guarded by the Hawaii National Guard.

I am going to say I will vote for Romney just to watch heads explode around here?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by no time

Paul - VOTING RECORD IS PERFECT

Paul - Will let congress declare wars

Paul - will use the constitution that was put in place to make his decisions. Which will ensure the country always has a strong middle class, which is the MAIN reason for America's rise as a superpower in the first place.

1. Voting Record is not perfect. He skipped out on NDAA and: He supports abolishing the Federal minimum wage, has twice introduced legislation to repeal OSHA, or the Occupational Safety and Health Act and would deal devastating blows to Social Security including repealing the act that makes it mandatory for employees of nonprofits, to make “coverage completely optional for both present and future workers”, and would “freeze benefit levels”. He has also twice sponsored legislation seeking to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act and the Copeland Act which among other things provide that contractors for the federal government must provide the prevailing wage and prohibits corporate “kick backs.”

Ron Paul can’t get away from his far right, conservative views. He would support “alternative views” to evolution taught in public schools (i.e. Intelligent Design.) We’ve already taken a look at his “bill to strengthen the American family and promote the virtues of family life.” or H.R.7955 Besides hating the gays he takes a very religious stance on many other things. He is attempting to force his beliefs on the rest of America, exactly what he would do as president.

There you have it his record is far from perfect!

2. Allowing congress to declare war is still pro-war. Remember what Congress is... Congress =/= Ron Paul, and doesn't that mean they can do whatever they want without his input?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

You can't judge if his voting record is perfect by sharing your opinions because everyone's ideas of perfection is different, you/we may judge it as consistent or not consistent.

But as a Romney supporter, you don't want to be talking about consistency. You really don't...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Did you know the entire country was behind Bush right after the 9/11 attacks?

this is false...

Bush had the sheep that bought the 9/11 OS behind him

while the people that paid attention to PNAC knew that 9/11 was just the excuse they were looking for to invade other countries to secure the natural resources for American consumption

ETA
Bush's pre 9/11 rating 55% Bush's post 9/11 rating 85%
hardly the entire country
when they invaded Iraq in 2003, his rating had already dropped to 65%

www.clipsandcomment.com...
edit on 6-5-2012 by kalisdad because: added rating info and source

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

I agree and disagree with you. I like to think of myself as a Freedom Loving Libertarian with a dose of intellect and common sense. We can't toss the EPA out. Do you know what Dioxins are? How about Carcinogens? Do you really want these pumped into your neighborhood soil or your kid's playgrounds? How about the water supply? You know, they can't filter that stuff out of the water at the local water plant.

Nixon (a solid republican) created the EPA because corporations will always take the cheapest way out...and if that means poisoning the playground at your children's school...they will do it. Most of the owners and CEO's don't live in the places they poison...if they did, they wouldn't do it...thus this agency was created by a Republican to do the morally right (conservative) thing.

It all sounds fine and dandy...let's return to the dawn of the 20th century when we were belching some much sh!t into the environment that you couldn't see the tops of the buildings....here's a clue...it kills people...especially hard on infants and young children.

This is just one of a few things I disagree with RP on. Not a liberal, ecologist/tree-hugging thing...it is common sense...you don't sh!t where you eat and you don't poison your own water supply.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

-Used government subsidies to save the olympics.

As did every other Olympic committee.

-Extremely ashamed of his flip flopping record

As he should be…

-Has no idea what it is like to suffer

Is that a prerequisite?

-Chickenhawk

An epithet made up by liberals to describe anybody who supports a strong defense yet never served. Many of the cowards throwing the term around haven’t either!

-Would 'absolutely' sign the NDAA 2012

100% speculation.

-Advisors in his campaign are same advisors in Bush administration and connected to billions in war contracts

Names?

-Basically another Obama.

Speculation (but possibly correct in certain aspects
)

edit on 6-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Okay, I'm gonna right a letter to the UN, this iran # is really getting me a little crazy. You are for supporting a man who wants to attack a country that could very well already have nuclear weapons, a modern army, and the means to deliver it. As well, they happen to have two world super powers telling you to # off. If you attack Iran, they very well could land and attack you on your own soil. I know you all seem to think you are untouchable, but you aren't Iran, is nothing like Iraq, or Afghanistan. Not to mention the fact Russia has literally stated if you attack Iran, they will consider it an attack on Russia. Not a very smart idea as far as I am concerned. Mainly because Russia will likely use Canada to launch a land based attack on The US. If the USA attacks Iran WW3 will be started and the US will lose, you may go down fighting but you WILL LOSE !

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well said.
Romney and his cronies are for Big Government which allows them greater control and wealth for themselves at the expense to the rest of the nation.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Mitt Romney

Just another tool like Obama .. even worst

Ok how exactly do these points that I have outlined above make Romney look like Obama?? You people are seriously delusional if you think that! And I don't want this thread to get hijacked with RP crap either. Thanx. People asked me why I support Romney, this is why. So I would appreciate if you can keep the advertisements to yourself thanx

So you are a Southern War Monger and Fear Monger at the Same time
and Fear of IRAN having a Nuclear Facility for Power ! Fearing for Nuclear Weapons !

So what... if they Do whooppee DO !

Your the Type that like to Loose Freedom for Security !!

TEAM AMERICA F**K Yeah !!

Yould would be Great in Ancient Rome or a Place across the Rhine going out of France in the 1930s - 45

you fit Perfectly in that time period

Watch the movie called Sicko

but thank a Libral

Thank a Conservative

You Need to wake Up and See North Korea !! For a Change...
they have the WMD the NUKES you Fear!! in a Orwellian Country ! Fear That....!!

you like to prevent Funding and Cutting it out of the budget of Spending
Like a Public Broadcasting Station ( so Much for Free on the Air Broadcast for the Public ) Tho The Public Supports the Station when they have a Marathon for Donations ... and Cutting Legal Services ?
you are Insane ....

tho this Country of ours is Fascist !! I can hear them say what Fascist no its not !!

Fascist Symbols of America

link   

Originally posted by no time

Paul - VOTING RECORD IS PERFECT

Paul - Will let congress declare wars

Paul - will use the constitution that was put in place to make his decisions. Which will ensure the country always has a strong middle class, which is the MAIN reason for America's rise as a superpower in the first place.

1. Voting Record is not perfect. He skipped out on NDAA and: He supports abolishing the Federal minimum wage, has twice introduced legislation to repeal OSHA, or the Occupational Safety and Health Act and would deal devastating blows to Social Security including repealing the act that makes it mandatory for employees of nonprofits, to make “coverage completely optional for both present and future workers”, and would “freeze benefit levels”. He has also twice sponsored legislation seeking to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act and the Copeland Act which among other things provide that contractors for the federal government must provide the prevailing wage and prohibits corporate “kick backs.”

Ron Paul can’t get away from his far right, conservative views. He would support “alternative views” to evolution taught in public schools (i.e. Intelligent Design.) We’ve already taken a look at his “bill to strengthen the American family and promote the virtues of family life.” or H.R.7955 Besides hating the gays he takes a very religious stance on many other things. He is attempting to force his beliefs on the rest of America, exactly what he would do as president.

There you have it his record is far from perfect!

2. Allowing congress to declare war is still pro-war. Remember what Congress is... Congress =/= Ron Paul, and doesn't that mean they can do whatever they want without his input?

Look, I oppose quite a few of Ron Paul's policies, and actions.
BUT he's a man of principle. He's steadfast. He stands for an ideal. A man like that's hard to find.
unlike Romney, who has changed his mind about every topic you can think of.

I'm not even really a Ron Paul supporter, I can see through the charade. And I can see he's probably a part of the conspiracy. He fills a good niche. He captures the attention of those who are sick of the 2 party system.

link   

Other plans that affect the economy will be to:
repeal ObamaCare saving $95 Billion as well as individual liberty

Ok, so him and every other republican want to do this, including Ron Paul. No big deal.

He wants to privatize Amtrak which will save us 1.6 Billion

Ok, so if he can get congress to do it great. This follows Ron Paul principles of a free market. Let the market decide if Amtrak lives or dies. So, this is different from Paul's platform how? Ron Paul plans to apply this philosophy to everything, not just Amtrak. Just because Romney singled out Amtrak as a talking point is nothing special. Ron Paul states he will apply it to every government institution and business in the entire US. BOOOYAAH Again!

He wants to cut $600 Million in federal subsidies to corporations like PBS and Legal Services Corporation

Same as above.

Oh, and let me be the first to say, "oooooooooooh, 600 Million. That will buy us about 1 minute at our current spending levels".

This is an obvious ploy to get people to be suckered into voting for him. You say billions, or trillions, people have trouble understanding. You say millions, they get it. They know what a million is and they know that 600 of them is a lot. You say you are going to save 600 millions and people are impressed. Not because it is a lot of money in the grand scheme, but because it is a lot of money to them, and they can understand it. Now, if you were to say you were going to save one thousand, thousand millions. People get confused. However, that is what Ron Paul has said. Compared to Ron Paul's plans, Romney plans to save about 6 cents.

He wants to eliminate Planned Parenthood which will save us $300 Million

Same as above, but 3 cents.

He wants to reduce foreign aid by $100 Million and ask congress why they are sending money to enemies of America. He will eliminate that as well.

Saving 1 cent. Oh, and we send billions to countries. Billions. That is thousands of millions. Eliminating 100 million sounds great, but is a meaningless platitude to sucker votes. Not even a fraction of a fraction of what is given away. If you were my neighbor and I was giving you 10 dollars a month and I cut that by 1 dollar, that would be a decent amount. If I was giving you 10,000 a month and cut it by one dollar.... That is what Romney is proposing.

For personal income Mitt Romney would like to make 20% tax cuts across the board

Haven't heard this one. This is cool. Hope congress goes along with it since he can't do crap by himself.

Eliminate taxes for those making $200,000 or LESS

Coolness again. Hope that congress is there backing him up. Otherwise, nada. Great talking point though.

For Corporations he would like to make a 25% tax cut across the board.

New one again. This is good how? GE paid no taxes last year. Will they get a 25% bonus then? This is another useless platitude. Major corporations pay very little to taxes. They offshore and use loopholes to avoid tax almost entirely. That is why Buffet laughs and asks you to tax him more than his secretary, because almost none of his money is "income" which is taxable at income tax rates. It is all a shell game, and you are losing.

For Health Care. In place of Obamacare, Mitt will pursue policies that give each state the power to craft a health care reform plan that is best for its own citizens.

Was this before or after he praised Obamacare as being modeled after Romneycare? I am confused as to which Romney we are discussing here.

Let me know if you want me to include something that I missed and I will surely go back and tell you what Romney wants to do. See, Mitt Romney does not look like Obama so much now does he? While he may not have "revolutionary" plans like Ron Paul, we can't honestly start to fix the problems without first doing something drastic but reasonable and realistic about them!

Yes, what would he do about the Patriot act: Oh wait, he supports it
What would he do about NDAA: oh, he supports that as well
What would he do about the Fed and how it is ruining our currency: oh, supports that too
What would he do about getting out of Afghanistan: Oh, he wants to stay

So, he offers useless platitudes, just like Obama. He curtails our liberties, just like Obama. He offers more wars, just like Obama. He offers more government control, just like Obama. He is looking more and MORE like Obama every second.

Your are right, he as NO "revolutionary" plans. In fact, he has no plans at all. He just has the same old tried and true talking points and promises of facetious savings to sucker your vote.

Congrats.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Not to argue about semantics but skipped out is a poor choice of words. they changed the voting time at the last minute and he was not able to make arrangements to attend the NDAA vote.

As far as the rest, he was right and is right. If you get out of the entangling agreements that make the working class suffer, you rebuild the value of the currency... what exactly would be the point of "entitlements" or voting for them. He sees entitlements for what they are, a cop out so congress doesnt have to tell americans that they sold their livelihoods to special interests for a profit.

Making congress declare war makes it very difficult to start a war, or didn't you notice that congress wasn't allowed to declare war in the last few. Wonder why that was? If it is so easy for congress to declare war, why didn't they use congress to declare it. not a very good point IMO.

edit on 6-5-2012 by no time because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by no time because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join