It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I chose Mitt Romney over Ron Paul and Barack Huessein Obama II

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

WTF are you talking about........?

Did I call any one a terrorist? Nope.

This is about who is right for the job...... Not... What ever your talking about... Terrorists... I dunno.

I will go with the man who has shown me that he keeps to his word and his vote.

I will not vote for a man that has flip flopped on almost every issue. I can't trust him.

Stop worrying about the supporters. Worry about the man that is being supported. It just so happens that Paul has many young enthusiastic supporters. Not all are the smartest because they are in the learning process. Its the message of freedom, truth and consistency that Paul supporters support.

Romney speaks nothing of those things and has only shown that he changes with the time and money. I don't want a man like that running my country. I really don't want any man/woman but thats just the state of things.

LOL Sorry I can't get over what you said..... Terrorists..... LOL Where did that come from?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Damrod

Yes I did read it. No...actually RP does have a platform, it's the same platform he ran on in 2008 as a Libertarian.

I commented back on the first couple of pages to you about Romney's plan to abolish the clean air act and why I think that is unwise. Perhaps you missed it.

We are so mired in extremes these days...no one is apparently willing to have a clear and open mind. I am not for endless regulations...but SOME regulations are a good thing. I am not for a "Nanny" state...but the Gov does need to take care of a few things...that is why we created them, elect them and pay taxes to them. One thing that is seemingly forgotten or overlooked by tons of people...we hired them to do a job for us and take care of things for us...somehow, they and we have forgotten we can fire them too.

Whatever happened to common sense? We have to have some legislation, regulation and direction...but too much of anything is not good for you as a person...or a country. I disagree with the capitalists that want to open doors to unbridled greed and corruption...Theodore Roosevelt (a republican) fought hard to make sure that didn't happen when he broke up the monoplies of the Robber Barons. However, I don't think the state needs to be involved in every aspect of my life like the Dems seem to think...

Again...it's just common sense but that is something extremely rare in this day and age.

It doesn't matter, it's not going to change even with RP in office. I'm sorry, but its just too idealistic. And about the clean air act...well I didn't respond to that because I don't really have any response to that. I believe totally different things about how to handle it than you do. But apparently big government programs is OK for you in that situation??

Not exactly. I'm saying that their does need to be some standards attached to how much poison you can pump into the air and into the rivers and streams. This is not "tree hugging"...it's common sense.

A buddy of mine lived in Cleveland when the Cuyahoga river caught on fire...I think that was a pretty clear sign of "too much".

I do not believe we need a gigantic bureaucracy...I hate that any agency is required at all. I do think we need a system of standards...but sadly....since no one operates on the honor system and will cheat if they think they won't get caught...well...we have to have something in place to make sure they all play by the same set of rules....and apply penalties when the rules are broken. On one hand, it is no different than saying "you can't steal or you go to jail"...if there were no cops, how would you ever stop people from stealing your porch furniture when you weren't home?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

He believes in a strong military offensive...

Great, how very anti-conservative and anti-American of him!

How exactly is being ready at a moment's notice to strike our enemies down anti-American??? Are you living in the real world?? That has been one of America's strongest points in the last 50 years! It's not only about full blown wars you know, because with Obama's and Paul's policies we aren't ready at a moment's notice and are left wounded and misguided!

Why do Ron Paul types think Ron Paul will change everything??? That's clever too, and it's been said in every political post on here. I can use Obama's full name if I want to!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

How exactly is being ready at a moment's notice to strike our enemies down anti-American??? Are you living in the real world?? That has been one of America's strongest points in the last 50 years! It's not only about full blown wars you know, because with Obama's and Paul's policies we aren't ready at a moment's notice and are left wounded and misguided!

Why do Ron Paul types think Ron Paul will change everything??? That's clever too, and it's been said in every political post on here. I can use Obama's full name if I want to!

I believe he was being sarcastic but at the same time ill-informed.

How would RP be able to attack our enemies at moment’s notice after closing all of our bases overseas and killing our ability to project power??

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRichards

WTF are you talking about........?

Did I call any one a terrorist? Nope.

LOL Sorry I can't get over what you said..... Terrorists..... LOL Where did that come from?

Perhaps you need a lesson in reading comprehension and not taking things out of context. I said this:

Can't I just not like Ron Paul without being questioned like a terrorist? Of course, all Romney and Obama supporters are terrorists. Well if some of the inexcusable acts the RP people did to "take over" the GOP caucuses is anything to measure moral grounds by, then you can be declared terrorists as well. Which is now defined under the NDAA which Ron Paul skipped out on voting for because he didn't want to show his true colors. "He was busy campaigning."

Meaning Ron Paul people treat me like a terrorist and never leave me alone whenever I question their motives, they ask me who I am voting for and why this has nothing to do with you personally, this has every reason to do with why I created this thread in the first place.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

That's cool. I understand what you are saying and meant no offense.

None taken!

I have not and will not vote for the lesser of two evils. I have sat out on most elections, but that's just my preference. Obviously you have every right to vote however you see fit.

Fair enough! I can’t bring myself to sit it out and let others decide my fate (at least what I can control of my fate with a single vote). To each his/her own.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That sounds like something Rick Perry would do!

Well, he is my Governor (though I didn’t support his presidential candidacy). Seems like a very fair approach to the illegal immigration problem to me!

***And I don’t want to hear any Texas jokes! We’re not all inbred hayseeds down here!***

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

On one hand, it is no different than saying "you can't steal or you go to jail"...if there were no cops, how would you ever stop people from stealing your porch furniture when you weren't home?

But this is exactly what Ron Paul's policies lead to...the no cops that you are talking about. Ron Paul wants to actually eliminate the EPA, so there goes all of your defense for your clean air act. It won't exist under Ron Paul!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Meaning Ron Paul people treat me like a terrorist and never leave me alone whenever I question their motives, they ask me who I am voting for and why this has nothing to do with you personally, this has every reason to do with why I created this thread in the first place.
Well let's see, spends time bashing Ron Paul in Ron Paul threads and does not like the dialogue that follows.

Be honest, you created this thread to do the same. Mitt's plan doesn't compare. Be less transparent.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

On one hand, it is no different than saying "you can't steal or you go to jail"...if there were no cops, how would you ever stop people from stealing your porch furniture when you weren't home?

But this is exactly what Ron Paul's policies lead to...the no cops that you are talking about. Ron Paul wants to actually eliminate the EPA, so there goes all of your defense for your clean air act. It won't exist under Ron Paul!

It shouldn't exist.. Why do you think all production is in countries where these regulations don't exist?
edit on 6-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't believe in Fascism and more of Romney is the same as more of Obama.
Romney is a Big Corporate man, which we need less of in the government.
They should be representing all Americans and not just the few elite at the top
No Thanks.

Vote Ron Paul

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Well let's see, spends time bashing Ron Paul in Ron Paul threads and does not like the dialogue that follows.

Take it as you will, I call it voicing my opinion, you call me a terrorist or a fake or a troll.... Just because I dont agree with you. How sad.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

It's not only about full blown wars you know, because with Obama's and Paul's policies we aren't ready at a moment's notice and are left wounded and misguided!

How is our military any less prepared under Obama? He's expanded the wars, and upgraded our arsenal with unmanned drones among other things.

link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

It shouldn't exist.. Why do you think all production is in countries where these regulations don't exist?
edit on 6-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

This is also in the wrong context. He was defending the clean air act and defending Ron Paul as President. If Ron Paul does everything he claims to, it won't exist under him, so it was pointless to defend it....But I do believe we need some regulations in that area as well. Maybe a much much much smaller EPA.

link   

Originally posted by Siberbat

It'd be a real kick if Romney offered Paul a VP spot, or visa versa. lol
2nd

I don't think Romney would offer the VP to RP. However, I think RP would be a good Secretary of the Treasury.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

That might very well be true. (As I said, I don't agree with everything he has to say!) I don't think he could get it through...the public outcry would deafen the inhabitants of Washington, DC.

My big three:
1) The Federal Gov will have no power not specifically given by the Constitution.
2) Return the power to govern civil and criminal matters to the states.
3) Do not spend money that you do not have. When you are broke...you adjust your decision making accordingly! This applies to all spending in all areas...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Romney - will continue the policies that rape the middle and working class of their assets and value. (meaning retirement, private property, and stagnating wages.)

Paul - Will return value to our currency thus making every policy put in place by the last 6 presidents unneeded and obsolete.

Obama - perpetuating almost the same economic agenda as Bush jr, appease the rich by keeping their pockets full while creating as many federal agencies to protect the poor as possible. Its a cop out which only Paul has a solution to. While I agree that Obama thinks he is doing all that he can to help stem the tide of greediness, he really is only providing a temporary cushion until we wake up with no savings, no retirement, and no property. A revolt will start, which the government will demonize by saying the "rebels" made bad choices in life, and therefore they are taking it out on successful Americans and must be stopped. Americans will stand idly by watching these fellow humans and peers being hauled off to work camps where they will work off there "debt" to society.

ROMNEY - BLAH BLAH BLAH - same responses that are just unspecific enough to make you think he is on your side and will help you. Whereas, as soon as he becomes president no campaign promise will be filled in the way you imagined it when hearing him speak. I know this, because it has been the song and dance of every politician that I can remember in my entire life. I most always seem to have respect for the politicians I hear speak, until they actually get the elected power they want, then they completely follow the agenda as set for them by the people who bought their election. In Romney's case, his entire political war chest was paid for by corporations. Why the hell would you want that baggage in the white house? If corporations weren't making the money back after their guy is elected, what would be the point, right?

Paul - his campaign is almost entirely funded by individual Americans whom share his devoted love of freedom and respect for the constitution. This means that when this guy is president, the people who will win are the middle and working class.

Obama - his campaign in 2008 was also almost entirely funded by the big banks, and softly laundered through large donations to universities in order to hide who actually gave them. How many universities do you know that have millions to spend on a campaign? Look at everything he has done, has he not made the banks plenty of money?

Romney - VOTING RECORD IS HORRIBLE

Paul - VOTING RECORD IS PERFECT

Obama - VOTING RECORD IN ILLINOIS WAS HORRIBLE

Romney - FOR WAR and will use his power to make sure one is started with IRAN.

Paul - Will let congress declare wars

Obama - Will wait till re- election before starting the next war.

Romney - Will run the country as if it is a business. Please note a business is about the most non democratic institution on the planet.

Paul - will use the constitution that was put in place to make his decisions. Which will ensure the country always has a strong middle class, which is the MAIN reason for America's rise as a superpower in the first place.

Obama - Make people feel it is necessary for the government to take care of people because he is unwilling to fix the ACTUAL problem.

Romney - will not let states handle their internal affairs.

Paul - trusts that states will use the power afforded to them through the constitution to run their states.

Obama - started a band of governors in order to influence state legislatures of important policies they need in place. And uses this band of governors to then influence other states.
edit on 6-5-2012 by no time because: (no reason given)

Romney -

On the economy in particular, such a larger argument would fit the country's current mood. The public's anxiety isn't merely about the failures of the last three years, as important as it is for Mr. Romney to score this Administration for its failed stimulus, crony capitalism, hyperregulation, soaring debt and ObamaCare. Americans are more deeply worried than at any time since the 1970s about their country's long-term prospects. Why aren't middle-class incomes rising? Why are nonmilitary public institutions failing—from K-12 education to entitlements? Mr. Obama understands these anxieties, even if he has no new answer for them. So his diversionary re-election strategy will be a combination of class warfare, more government subsidies (free student loans!), and personal attacks on Mr. Romney for being wealthy. Mr. Romney will need allies who can rebut these attacks.

Paul -

What Is Ron Paul's Position on Free Trade?: Ron Paul would abolish existing free trade agreements (FTA's), including NAFTA and CAFTA. He opposes the NAFTA Superhighway, and the establishment of a NAFTA economic union. He would end U.S. involvement in the U.N., the IMF, the World Bank, and the WTO, saying these organizations are a form of world government. (Source: RonPaul.com)
You know what this means?- no more UNFAIR competition for corporations to RAPE the working class over.

Obama -

Here is the GDP growth under Obama: 2009 2nd Qtr: -0.7% 2009 3rd Qtr: 1.7% 2009 4th Qtr 3.8% 2010 1st Qtr: 3.9% 2010 2nd Qtr: 3.8% 2010 3rd Qtr: 2.5% 2010 4th Qtr: 2.3% 2011 1st Qtr: 0.4% 2011 2nd Qtr: 1.3%
Bush did better. Clinton did better. Romney will do the same. Wages will continue to stagnate untill working class citizens have 0 assets, and until the middle class has 0 assets.
edit on 6-5-2012 by no time because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
How is our military any less prepared under Obama? He's expanded the wars, and upgraded our arsenal with unmanned drones among other things.

Oh good someone finally talking about Obama, I am shocked actually. Obama has given money to the Muslim Brotherhood, he has cut military down, pulled out of Iraq completely and too quickly. We need at least a squadron there to maintain stability in case the people cannot handle situations. He's also cut NASA which has always been a big help to the military. I can go on but you get the point

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You chose Romney because you fell for the marketing campaign.
Put Romney on MUTE, Turn foxnews off ,so you don't get fooled by the 'R' label on his t-shirt.

Then look at his gov't voting record and history. If you are a DEMOCRAT then you WOULD be impressed with his record and especially since Romney did what Obama hasn't been able to do. Romney ACTUALLY implement a government mandated healthcare system. ROMNEYCARE was what inspired OBAMACARE.

So you are voting for Romney because:
1. The GOP is telling you to
2. You are democrat.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I don't believe in Fascism and more of Romney is the same as more of Obama.

I don’t believe in fascism either but voting RP is voting for anarchy and national suicide.

Romney is a Big Corporate man, which we need less of in the government.

Big corporate men create JOBS, which we need MORE OF in this country. I do agree with you that we need less corporate interest in government. My biggest worry with Romney is more cronyism!

They should be representing all Americans and not just the few elite at the top
No Thanks.

Agreed!

Vote Ron Paul

Couldn’t disagree more!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join