It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I chose Mitt Romney over Ron Paul and Barack Huessein Obama II

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You left out "self-deportation" , which Mittens, apparently came up with on his own.

How will this work exactly?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by notquiteright

Well, this thread accomplished one thing for me. You are the first person I have come across who likes Romney. I know several people who now say they will probably vote for him just because they hate Obama, but they don't like him. They were all Gingrich supporters. I'm a Ron Paul guy myself.

I think you nailed it! Most people DON’T like Romney, we just can’t stand the alternatives.

Also, as stated already, he’s the only one who has the funds to compete with Obama. Romney can’t possibly do worse than what we've seen over the last 4 years.

I think voting for someone simply because he has the funds to wage a larger campaign against the candidate you like less is a poor reason to vote for someone. If you don't like Romney, then please don't vote for him just because he has large pockets.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hes another paid shill,please for the love of your country dont vote for him!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I disagree. I am an RP supporter. I do not agree with his entire platform, but I do agree with a large part of it. I have my own business and I read alot of non-fiction....philosophy, religion, history, archaeology, etc. I kinda take a little offense to you labeling all RP supporters as being losers...but...I know it's a knee jerk reaction so I'll let it go. It is kinda reflective of many viewpoints in our world today...it is easier to fear or hate something you don't understand rather than try to educate yourself about it.

here is the thing for me and why I am an RP supporter....it's really simple. He has a platform. He has a unshaking foundation of ideas and philosophy. RP's message is essentially the same year after year. He supports the return to the Constitution...and so do I...this...more than anything else...is extremely important to me.

What is Romney's platform? It is always subject to change so you can't actually say you know for sure. He flip-flops too much...you never know what you'll get from one day to the next. Say he gets the nomination and wins the general election...can you say...beyond a shadow of a doubt...what his positions are going to be? No...you cannot. RP supporters can...and that my friend...is a very important thing...

a devil you know is better than a devil you don't know!

edit on 5/6/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

TLDR: All you posted was his vague campaign promises with no feasible way to accomplish said goals.

Just like Ron Paul. What's the point. So why do care so much?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod
reply to post by seabag

here is the thing for me and why I am an RP supporter....it's really simple. He has a platform. He has a unshaking foundation of ideas and philosophy.

What is Romney's platform?

I just outlined Romney's plans, did you not read the OP? Ron Paul's platform has never been enacted either. It's his wants and ideas. Romney''s plans are his wants and ideas.

Foundation of ideas and philosophy is a good starting point... but there needs to be something more there. It's not a mystery why these things Ron Paul proposes never passes congress. They may be crooks but most of them know what those policies will do to the nation.
edit on 6-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I think voting for someone simply because he has the funds to wage a larger campaign against the candidate you like less is a poor reason to vote for someone. If you don't like Romney, then please don't vote for him just because he has large pockets.

It's not that I disagree with Romney. I actually agree with much of what he says...I just have very little faith that he will do any of it.

Who do you propose I vote for then?

My candidate(s) are OUT. I will vote the way I see fit…I will not ‘sit it out’ just because I’m not deeply in love with a candidate like RP supporters are.

I admire RP supporters. They have a guy they REALLY want in there and I have NEVER had that candidate. I always end up voting for the lesser of two evils. That’s why the TWO PARTY SYSTEM needs to GO!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Ghost375

TLDR: All you posted was his vague campaign promises with no feasible way to accomplish said goals.

Just like Ron Paul. What's the point. So why do care so much?

You complain about how people aren't reading your post and not debating the topics, then you only respond to my TLDR?
I responded to every point you listed.

Get bent. (mods just delete this line if you must, but don't delete the whole post please. Plus this comment is justified)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRichards

The reason that people are not reading your points about Romney because we have all heard Romney' policies over and over and we don't agree with them.

Simple as that.

We don't agree with Romney.

You are here to tell us why you are voting for Romney. So we are here to tell you why not to.

We feel you are wrong and are fighting for the wrong cause, you reasons why really mean nothing in the scheme of things. Doesn't matter why you are voting for him... Its the fact that you are voting for him. Like I said we know his policies so any reason you come up with means nothing.

No. Apparently not all of you have looked into Romney as deeply as you may think, because I have been asked countless times, who i support and why even if the thread had nothing to do with that.

Can't I just not like Ron Paul without being questioned like a terrorist? Of course, all Romney and Obama supporters are terrorists. Well if some of the inexcusable acts the RP people did to "take over" the GOP caucuses is anything to measure moral grounds by, then you can be declared terrorists as well. Which is now defined under the NDAA which Ron Paul skipped out on voting for because he didn't want to show his true colors. "He was busy campaigning." Lamest excuse ever. Worse than Romneys accusations for flip flopping. Even though it's the liberal media that takes all of his quote out of context, because they don't understand what he's saying since he's actually quite smart.

The Ron Paul people just cannot fathom a reason to vote for anybody else hence why they have tied Romney and Obama together even though in my OP I have outlined very clearly how they are incredibly different! I am not fighting for anything, I just want to spread my opinion and vote. If my opinion about Mitt Romney doesn't matter than why did you respond anyway?

edit on 6-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

I disagree. I am an RP supporter. I do not agree with his entire platform, but I do agree with a large part of it. I have my own business and I read alot of non-fiction....philosophy, religion, history, archaeology, etc. I kinda take a little offense to you labeling all RP supporters as being losers...but...I know it's a knee jerk reaction so I'll let it go. It is kinda reflective of many viewpoints in our world today...it is easier to fear or hate something you don't understand rather than try to educate yourself about it.

Read the bottom of the post. I clearly stated “Before anyone starts berating me with ugly posts let me be clear…not ALL RP supporters are this way, he just seems to attract bottom feeders (much like OWS).”

here is the thing for me and why I am an RP supporter....it's really simple. He has a platform. He has a unshaking foundation of ideas and philosophy. RP's message is essentially the same year after year. He supports the return to the Constitution...and so do I...this...more than anything else...is extremely important to me.

The constitution is a single issue and I’m not a single issue voter. I’m not trying to dissuade anyone from voting their conscious. While I like the constitutional and economic stances I have serious disagreements with some of his policies, such as national defense and legalizing drugs. The positives don’t outweigh the negatives FOR ME. You are free to do what you’d like…it’s none of my business.

What is Romney's platform? It is always subject to change so you can't actually say you know for sure. He flip-flops too much...you never know what you'll get from one day to the next. Say he gets the nomination and wins the general election...can you say...beyond a shadow of a doubt...what his positions are going to be? No...you cannot. RP supporters can...and that my friend...is a very important thing...

a devil you know is better than a devil you don't know!

Part of Romney’s platform was outlined in the OP!!

I’m with you that he’s been a flipflopper…I get it! That’s why he was my last choice. However, to me Romney is the most viable candidate standing.

As far as RP being consistent, that’s part of the problem for me. I KNOW he will try and follow through with the issues I disagree with!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Anyone can like Romney because he's said everything lol. Romney the Flip Flop.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Damrod

As far as RP being consistent, that’s part of the problem for me. I KNOW he will try and follow through with the issues I disagree with!

Well Said Seabag!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Yes I did read it. No...actually RP does have a platform, it's the same platform he ran on in 2008 as a Libertarian.

I commented back on the first couple of pages to you about Romney's plan to abolish the clean air act and why I think that is unwise. Perhaps you missed it.

We are so mired in extremes these days...no one is apparently willing to have a clear and open mind. I am not for endless regulations...but SOME regulations are a good thing. I am not for a "Nanny" state...but the Gov does need to take care of a few things...that is why we created them, elect them and pay taxes to them. One thing that is seemingly forgotten or overlooked by tons of people...we hired them to do a job for us and take care of things for us...somehow, they and we have forgotten we can fire them too.

Whatever happened to common sense? We have to have some legislation, regulation and direction...but too much of anything is not good for you as a person...or a country. I disagree with the capitalists that want to open doors to unbridled greed and corruption...Theodore Roosevelt (a republican) fought hard to make sure that didn't happen when he broke up the monoplies of the Robber Barons. However, I don't think the state needs to be involved in every aspect of my life like the Dems seem to think...

Again...it's just common sense but that is something extremely rare in this day and age.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

You left out "self-deportation" , which Mittens, apparently came up with on his own.

EASY!

One way to do it is you severely stiffen the punishment for people caught in this country illegally. You broadcast this punishment on every media for a few months. Then you give them 90 days to pack their crap and LEAVE or the punishments we mentioned will be enforced with NO EXCEPTIONS if you’re caught after the grace period!

Isn’t that fair and peaceful??

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod

Yes I did read it. No...actually RP does have a platform, it's the same platform he ran on in 2008 as a Libertarian.

I commented back on the first couple of pages to you about Romney's plan to abolish the clean air act and why I think that is unwise. Perhaps you missed it.

We are so mired in extremes these days...no one is apparently willing to have a clear and open mind. I am not for endless regulations...but SOME regulations are a good thing. I am not for a "Nanny" state...but the Gov does need to take care of a few things...that is why we created them, elect them and pay taxes to them. One thing that is seemingly forgotten or overlooked by tons of people...we hired them to do a job for us and take care of things for us...somehow, they and we have forgotten we can fire them too.

Whatever happened to common sense? We have to have some legislation, regulation and direction...but too much of anything is not good for you as a person...or a country. I disagree with the capitalists that want to open doors to unbridled greed and corruption...Theodore Roosevelt (a republican) fought hard to make sure that didn't happen when he broke up the monoplies of the Robber Barons. However, I don't think the state needs to be involved in every aspect of my life like the Dems seem to think...

Again...it's just common sense but that is something extremely rare in this day and age.

It doesn't matter, it's not going to change even with RP in office. I'm sorry, but its just too idealistic. And about the clean air act...well I didn't respond to that because I don't really have any response to that. I believe totally different things about how to handle it than you do. But apparently big government programs is OK for you in that situation??

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by freedom12

EASY!

One way to do it is you severely stiffen the punishment for people caught in this country illegally. You broadcast this punishment on every media for a few months. Then you give them 90 days to pack their crap and LEAVE or the punishments we mentioned will be enforced with NO EXCEPTIONS if you’re caught after the grace period!

Isn’t that fair and peaceful??

That sounds like something Rick Perry would do!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And I do agree with some of what you stated. I don't like every bit of Ron Paul's platform, but I do most...and those are things important to me. I disagree that he wants to legalize drugs....this is a misunderstanding of a Libertarian Principle. He is not wanting to legalize drugs at a federal level...he is wanting to get the Fed's involvement out and turn the decision to legalize or not legalize over to the States...as it constitutionally should be.

The fed has castrated the states and it is time for them to downsize and turn the bigger part of these types of civil issues back to the states...the only time the fed should be involved with things like this is when a gridlock has arisen and their needs to be a body involved to arbitrate it.

Just my opinion though.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rotten338

Hes another paid shill,please for the love of your country dont vote for him!

Listen, bro. In one post you’ve violated 2 rules found within the T&C of this site.

1) No 1 liners
2) You didn’t address the topic

I’d like to hear your take but come on...At least make a substantive post!

Good thing for you is I'm not a MOD! Just a little friendly advice!

edit on 6-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It's not that I disagree with Romney. I actually agree with much of what he says...I just have very little faith that he will do any of it.

Who do you propose I vote for then?

My candidate(s) are OUT. I will vote the way I see fit…I will not ‘sit it out’ just because I’m not deeply in love with a candidate like RP supporters are.

I admire RP supporters. They have a guy they REALLY want in there and I have NEVER had that candidate. I always end up voting for the lesser of two evils. That’s why the TWO PARTY SYSTEM needs to GO!

That's cool. I understand what you are saying and meant no offense. I have not and will not vote for the lesser of two evils. I have sat out on most elections, but that's just my preference. Obviously you have every right to vote however you see fit.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

He believes in a strong military offensive...

Great, how very anti-conservative and anti-American of him!

Also, don't Mitt and Ron have middle names? You would think a supporter would show similar respect to "his guy" as he does to "the other guy.". Why do so many job-exporting, imperialist types thi k using Obama's full name makes them so clever? Support Mitt if you want -given the choices, I think he'd be at least decent, but lose the Michael Savage tone if you want to be taken at all seriously.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join