It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I chose Mitt Romney over Ron Paul and Barack Huessein Obama II

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

It's so ironic that YOU sir are a liberal. You don't even know it either. You support Romney (or Santorum, or Gingrich) and you are a liberal. People don't even know what the difference between conservative and liberal is anymore.

Romney and Obama are both LIBERALS.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So.. you.. vote for liberal republicans.. yet.. think you're conservative?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I disagree. I think he represents the majority of the population a lot of people are just unaware. What percentage would Romney represent if he had gotten the same biased treatment as Paul? How about Santorum and so on.

Paul has persisted and won his votes the hard way practically through word of mouth while the media (owned by clear channel com which is owned by Bain which is the company Romney advises for and would likely represent in office) ignores you and picks one candidate from the beginning. From the BEGINNING Romney was chosen and everyone knew that. Why? Have you ever asked why on Earth people would have it in their mind he would be the candidate over a year ago?

Ron Paul's ideas are more in line with the public. He is the ONLY anti war candidate. If that isn't enough on it's own there are plenty of other attributes. They have been selling us a new war alongside a new candidate and idiots are taking it in.

I would say whatever percentage of Americans are antiwar and don't want further war.. that is more like the number of people that would support Ron Paul if he were promoted equally like the other candidates..

We all know this is true. Have we ever had one of these pundits on t.v. (pundits not their guests) give a fair breakdown including RP and say he is the only candidate that expresses that he will not take us into further war? No. That is for a reason. In reality the real number of people that are represented on Paul is much much higher than shown in corrupt polls, and biased media (something that has to go by the way). How can people make an informed decision without a real channel to inform them. Syrinx, look at you, you have it all at your fingertips but you are still buying the bias.

I have not met one single person outside the internet, besides for my stupid frat boy roommates that liked Ron Paul. And half the time they were to incoherent to even talk about politics because of how high they were. The TV pundits live in the real world where they know RP will never amount to anything and is non- newsworthy to talk about. So you are upset about the media because they ignore a last place candidate? There are already entire YouTube Channels devoted to RP and Obama. The liberal media besides for Fox is devoted to Obama! Fox has not shown much bias in the way of Romney actually they have been quite against him and usually backed Santorum or Cain! They know RP is a laughing stock who hasn't gotten anything done in 30 years in congress. I doubt this change you all claim can come when he is elected President.

Just look at how divided congress is under Obama and half of them backed him in the beginning! Then you will see the reality at how a RP Presidency will go!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It's so ironic that YOU sir are a liberal. You don't even know it either. You support Romney (or Santorum, or Gingrich) and you are a liberal. People don't even know what the difference between conservative and liberal is anymore.

Romney and Obama are both LIBERALS.

You really are delusional are you! you revert to the name calling and yet nothing in Romney's plans indicates that he is liberal. He has followed more closely with conservative and... libertarian ideas moreso than ron paul actually has. You know RomneyCare? Yeah, it would happen under RP libertarian plans too. What is his plan for fixing health care? Let the states handle it! And that's what Mass did.

You can't call someone a liberal just because they are less extreme when it comes to government constitution policies than you are...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

So.. you.. vote for liberal republicans.. yet.. think you're conservative?

So you want Iran to have Nuclear weapons and you want drugs legal and you consider yourself conservative???

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You apparently don't know what liberal means.

Do you think being liberal means you are a pro choice, marriage equality, envoronmental hippie? It doesn't it means you are in favor of big government.

Everything Romney does indicates he is a liberal. Supporting the Patriot act, supporting NDAA. Those are both liberal (big government stances).

Liberal = big government
Conservative = small government

Your frat guy room mates apparently know a little something you don't. I would bet you are misrepresenting them here. You clearly have not been paying attention to "your" candidate because there is NOTHING libertarian or republican about him. He is liberal through and through ask any one with real knowledge on politics (you are in college so that will probably be hard to find on campus). You have been tricked into thinking that these little issues make candidates conservative or liberal. Also Mitt Romney is the furthest thing on Earth from a libertarian.

People like you should have to take a class before being allowed to vote.
edit on 6-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yes. Again you don't understand what conservative means. You have been watching too much fox news.

The war on drugs is liberal politics because it increases the size of the government and spending (the opposite of conservative). Iran, well it takes more military and more money to go there, that is NOT very conservative.

Iran having a nuclear weapon is no consequence to us, what about stopping them do you think makes a person conservative. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW. What is conservative about stopping Iran from getting a nuke? Iran WOULD NEVER use a nuclear weapon. The point is to have it as a deterrent. North Korea has them.. never invaded. No country with them ever gets invaded. We have pushed their desire to obtain one, but they would never ever use it if they get one. Look at countries that have given up their nuclear weapons pursuits.. what happens to them? You will see a trend. If you really think there is something to worry about with Iran.. you are a fool plain and simple. It is not a matter of opinion it is not a debate.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
None at all. Go back to college.
edit on 6-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

You are a fool in regards to the media as well. They shape the publics opinions of the candidates.
Tell me if not for the media where would the public hear of the candidates? That's right.. no where. So when the media is bias showing favor to some candidates while ignoring and dismissing some they are manipulating the public and they are involving themselves in the story as opposed to just reporting it.

This "last place" candidate has won a popular vote and won several states in delegate counts and has one of the largest grass root movements in US history backing him and working within the party. He has changed history like no president in 60 years. He has doen all this against the will of the corporations and biased media (media that has conflicts of interest with Romney).

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Do you think being liberal means you are a pro choice, marriage equality, envoronmental hippie? It doesn't it means you are in favor of big government.

Being a liberal falls more onto those policies as well. I am guessing you are pro choice for marriage equality and an environmental hippie? There's a difference between government and no government. What is your definition of small government??

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You are a fool in regards to the media as well. They shape the publics opinions of the candidates.
Tell me if not for the media where would the public hear of the candidates? That's right.. no where. So when the media is bias showing favor to some candidates while ignoring and dismissing some they are manipulating the public and they are involving themselves in the story as opposed to just reporting it.

This "last place" candidate has won a popular vote and won several states in delegate counts and has one of the largest grass root movements in US history backing him and working within the party. He has changed history like no president in 60 years. He has doen all this against the will of the corporations and biased media (media that has conflicts of interest with Romney).

But.... He's still in last place. Your arguments are typical rhetoric with little facts to back it up just more conspiracy brainwashing BS.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

No. Wrong.
See what you don't understand is that those things don't have to have anything to do with liberal or conservative.
I am pro choice and pro marriage equality, but I am a conservative. That is because even though I support those things I don't think it is the governments job to make decisions on those issues and spend money on them.

Those things have nothing to do with liberal or conservative unless someone is creating bigger government or spending money to try to control them either way.

They use those issues to confuse people so they think that conservative some how means religious. People think Santorum is conservative because he's pro life, and wants cameras in your bedroom. He's not he is a liberal religious nut. I can't explain it for you, you need to go look it up.

If you want to support Romney because you like big corporations having their hands in the government and you like humans being regulated by governments based on religious institutions, fine, vote Romeny, but don't incorrectly call yourself a conservative. This election that honor goes solely to Dr. Paul.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Well.. place is subjective when there are so many factors.. not to mention he is "last place" in a two person race and he is doing better.

What is your point exactly?

You might as well vote for Obama. Romney supporters want us to have liberal VS liberal pretty bad. We don't even get an option if Romney is nominee.

Paul isn't in last place though. It sounds stupid to even say last place in a race like this. We have no idea what his true standing is. You are basing your opinion entirely on news. News owned by clear channel communications, owned by Bain, who backs Romney. How can people be so dim? How can you not get this?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

No. Wrong.
See what you don't understand is that those things don't have to have anything to do with liberal or conservative.
I am pro choice and pro marriage equality, but I am a conservative. That is because even though I support those things I don't think it is the governments job to make decisions on those issues and spend money on them.

Those things have nothing to do with liberal or conservative unless someone is creating bigger government or spending money to try to control them either way.

They use those issues to confuse people so they think that conservative some how means religious. People think Santorum is conservative because he's pro life, and wants cameras in your bedroom. He's not he is a liberal religious nut. I can't explain it for you, you need to go look it up.

If you want to support Romney because you like big corporations having their hands in the government and you like humans being regulated by governments based on religious institutions, fine, vote Romeny, but don't incorrectly call yourself a conservative. This election that honor goes solely to Dr. Paul.

You sir are wrong. Being for smart legislation is NOT being liberal. It's being conservative. Weather you like it or not we need government policies! We need government policies just to tell people what the government policies are. Like it or not people are stupid and greedy and they will take advantage of your do what you want policies.... Which will STILL have to be policies or mandates or executive orders written by President Ron Paul. Its the same stuff. RP is not going to change the world. Sorry!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by watchitburn

What is your take on Romney's constant flip-flopping on practically every single issue?

reply to post by Nite_wing

And why do you try to paint everyone who says anything against Romney as an Obama supporter?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously, I would like to know.

What is your take on all of Obama's lies? They are posted all over the place. Seriously, I would like to know how anyone can continue to support a proven liar. If you are a Ron Paul supporter, then you will end up being an Obama voter. Paul can't win. Voting for Paul is what Obama is hoping for. A vote for Paul is a vote for Obama.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

Voting for Romney is the same as voting for Obama, either way, you lose.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

No. Wrong.

You sir are wrong. Being for smart legislation is NOT being liberal. It's being conservative. Weather you like it or not we need government policies! We need government policies just to tell people what the government policies are. Like it or not people are stupid and greedy and they will take advantage of your do what you want policies.... Which will STILL have to be policies or mandates or executive orders written by President Ron Paul. Its the same stuff. RP is not going to change the world. Sorry!

Reread the explanation that was given to you and then reread it again until the definitions sink in.. You have refused to listen to someone explaining the definitions of both parties and continue to spew nonsense as your understanding of conservatism. Smart legislation has nothing to do with being a conservative or liberal. The only conservative candidate in the presidential race is Paul. All the rest are progressives wearing conservative and liberal uniforms. And for the record Ron Paul would change the world. No longer would we be in a debt crisis. No longer would we be manipulated by the few at the top of the financial system. No longer would the troops overseas have to continue to fight an unjust war that's doing nobody any good. No longer would the child or their parents in the middle east have to fear American planes and bombs or the random gunfire that litters the streets. No longer would we be so highly regulated and taxed. No longer would the American public be spied on. No longer would we go to war without a declaration by congress. No longer would the united nations decide what's best for the united states. I could go on and on..

A vote for:

Obama
Romney
Santorum
Ginrich

will bring us to the swampy bottom of nasty pit of poverty and despair. Expect hyperinflation, more wars possibly even nuclear weapons, and a completely decimated country in lack of industry. They call Americans the enemies, spy on them, 30,000 drones watch them, every phone tapped, every keystroke, and video cameras at nearly every intersection. In due time they will remove or eventually kill anyone who does not worship their ideals.

That's not the America I want to see.. Vote RP
edit on 6-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Reread the explanation that was given to you and then reread it again until the definitions sink in.. You have refused to listen to someone explaining the definitions of both parties and continue to spew nonsense as your understanding of conservatism. Smart legislation has nothing to do with being a conservative or liberal. The only conservative candidate in the presidential race is Paul. All the rest are progressives wearing conservative and liberal uniforms. And for the record Ron Paul would change the world. No longer would we be in a debt crisis. No longer would we be manipulated by the few at the top of the financial system. No longer would the troops overseas have to continue to fight an unjust war that's doing nobody any good. No longer would the child or their parents in the middle east have to fear American planes and bombs or the random gunfire that litters the streets. No longer would we be so highly regulated and taxed. No longer would we go to war without a declaration by congress. No longer would the united nations decide what's best for the united states. I could go on and on..

And what do you call this whole paragraph? You are trying to change my mind by insisting RP will change the world even though nobody in congress listens to him now. That's being anti-establishment, not conservative. He has one maybe two conservative points. All the rest of his policies are liberal! Plain and simple.
edit on 6-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Mitt Romney believes that it is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon.
Believes in a strong military offensive as well as defensive.

I'm going to point out the obvious which others above did as well...

So how is having a defensive, and offensive military different from Obama?

What business do we have telling other countries, what they can have and cannot have?

It is clear you're still voting for the warmonger. I honestly think you don't have a clue on who you want to vote for...
edit on 6-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You are so lost my friend. He is the most conservative of the bunch. Nothing about going to war is conservative, he is the most fiscally conservative politician not just running for president, but of the entire Congress.

Social conservatives aren't conservatives at all. They are big government liberals.

You don't even know the difference in the two and you are somehow going to lecture others.
edit on 6-5-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

You are so lost my friend. He is the most conservative of the bunch. Nothing about going to war is conservative, he is the most fiscally conservative politician not just running for president, but of the entire Congress.

Social conservatives aren't conservatives at all. They are big government liberals.

You don't even know the difference in the two and you are somehow going to lecture others.
edit on 6-5-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

Yeah and you are making up your own definitions...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Mitt Romney believes that it is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon.
Believes in a strong military offensive as well as defensive.

I'm going to point out the obvious which others above have as well...

So how is having a defensive, and offensive military different from Obama?

What business do we have telling other countries, what they can have and cannot have?

It is clear you're still voting for the warmonger. I honestly think you don't have a clue on who you want to vote for...

Yup I know who I want to vote for. I am voting for Mitt Romney. So I get some who say Romney is a liberal and others who say he is a warmonger which is usually a term dedicated to neoconservatives??? Makes one wonder...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join