It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I chose Mitt Romney over Ron Paul and Barack Huessein Obama II

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

What is your take on Romney's constant flip-flopping on practically every single issue?

reply to post by Nite_wing

And why do you try to paint everyone who says anything against Romney as an Obama supporter?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously, I would like to know.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In reality, are either of these guys realy going to make a difference? Romney does not present himself as a leader as much as he does an avatar for the elite, Ron Paul may have the support from the grassroots but thats about it, and Obama...well he is about as impotent as Carter was. The real change comes from those who make the laws, not the president. It is CONGRESS who are the problem, and their lobbiest moneymen. What has Congress done to oversee the Presdent? Have they kept the President in check? I don't see it. Do we honestly think that Ron Paul has the power to control the Congress and their cronies? HAHAHA! I think that Romney will fall into line and do as he is told. IT IS CONGRESS who pushes the midnight legislation while the rest of Americal sleeps. These are my observations of their fruits. Repeal the 17th ammendment and give our senators back to the states! None of these candidates can save our country...it is Congress who sold us out!
edit on 6-5-2012 by Siberbat because: correction

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Do the other candidates have middle names or do you just like to point out the presidents middle name is Huessein, as if that means anything at all? I don't support President Obama but that doesn't stop me from rolling my eyes when I see this.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

What is your take on Romney's constant flip-flopping on practically every single issue?

And why do you try to paint everyone who says anything against Romney as an Obama supporter?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is your take on all of Obama's lies? They are posted all over the place. Seriously, I would like to know how anyone can continue to support a proven liar. If you are a Ron Paul supporter, then you will end up being an Obama voter. Paul can't win. Voting for Paul is what Obama is hoping for. A vote for Paul is a vote for Obama.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Nice list.

Let me start with how it is unacceptable for Iran to have a bomb. This is such a retarded argument to me that every time I see it being said, I literally fall out of my chair laughing. For starters, Iran has not attacked anyone in like 100 years. Yet North Korea bombed a South Korea's Yeonpyeong Island, they are testing long range missiles, and have announced nuclear testing and ambitions to the world.... yet you dont hear anyone saying let's bomb North Korea.

Wow.. that makes sense

If you really believe Mitt Romney will cut spending, your an idiot. Every expert who has looked at his unbelievably vague plan has spoken on this point and all have agreed his plan does not actually cut spending. Funny thing is, Mitt has kind of hinted at the same thing when he said "Spending cuts slow down economic growth"

I personally love how you said this...I HAVE to quote it.

Believes in a strong military offensive as well as defensive.

Do you realize what you are really saying here? We already have an offensive military. No one in Iraq attacked us. The Taliban in Afghanistan did not attack us. No one in Libya attacked us. No one in Yemen has attacked us. Our Military is about an offensive as they can be.

Take into account that our spending on Military is through the roof due to all these offensive campaigns and I think you get my point. Know what our military is not doing and will continue to not do under Romney? Anything defensive. If our Military was defensive at all, they would be on our Southern boarder stopping the flood of illegals who are coming in. That is an example of defense.

Now let us talk about how Mitt will "modernize" Medicare. Under this program, senior citizens would get vouchers from the government that cover between 75%-85% of their yearly medical costs. The rest would come out of their income or their estates, or if they could not pay, they wouldn’t receive treatment. This to you seems like a good idea?

Mitt Romney is a lair and a business man. People have spoken so many times of the way he flip flops but it amazes me how many people don't get it. So I will use Mitt's own words from his previous 2008 campaign to make my point. After all.... if a person speaks the words, there is nothing to debunk. If I say today that the sky is green, but tomorrow say it is blue, than it is what it it is. They are my words and I said it. So in that spirit... my all time favorite Romney flip flop...

On the Glenn and Helen show in January of 2007 Mitt Romney said, "I have a gun of my own. I go hunting myself. I’m a member of the NRA and believe firmly in the right to bear arms"

4 days later The Boston Globe reports that Romney was asked at a Gun Show weather he personally owned a gun. His response was No he does not, but his son Josh does and Josh leaves them at the family vacation home in Utah, but Mitt uses them "from time to time".

Yeah ... you can trust this guy.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Besides the fact you can't back most of this up because these MSM candidates never really lay out their plans clearly, the fact that you REALLY think Iran is a threat and their shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Iran doesn't to destroy Jewish people and they never said they would destroy Israel, they have the second largest Jewish population in the middle east so you think if they were so genocidal they would start at home. If they seek nuclear weapons it isn't use them, it is for one reason, we DO NOT invade nuclear countries (look at NK). Also under the Non poliferation agreement they are obligated to produce material for nuclear power. Also they aren't an aggressive country on the world stage.

That is just the topic of Iran which is important to comment on because war mongers like you and Obama/Romney (another stance they share) are going to get us into another problem.

Good luck wasting your vote on a liberal. Republicans are so retarded nowadays that they think Santorum and Romney are conservatives.. they are liberal people. Liberal doesn't mean carefree spirits that are pro choice and marriage equality.. it means they are pro big government and conservatives are for small government. This is the fundamental flaw people actually are that stupid and confused about politics.
edit on 6-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

What is your take on all of Obama's lies? They are posted all over the place. Seriously, I would like to know how anyone can continue to support a proven liar. If you are a Ron Paul supporter, then you will end up being an Obama voter. Paul can't win. Voting for Paul is what Obama is hoping for. A vote for Paul is a vote for Obama.

Well for me, I voted for Ron paul in the 2008 election as a Libertarian. I do not support Democratic policy of control...aka...the "Nanny" state. I also could not vote for the Geezer McCain and his sideshow. I disagree with kissing the ass of corporations in this country....they should be kissing "our" ass because it was this country and it's people that allowed them to accumulate their wealth and power. It needs to be appreciated and reciprocated...

But this is why I no longer purely vote republican...they sold their souls and none of them are really for small Gov and individual liberty...they are no different than the Dems...they want a big Gov too, just a "different kind" of big Gov where their criminal friends can plunder the USA tax revenues through Wall Street and the Military industrial complex.

There is no two party system...the Dems and the Repubs are two wings of the same bird of prey....the one preying on your taxes and our continuos bickering among ourselves over petty crap. Will we ever stand together with a unified voice again?...possible...but until the extremist have their voices take away and their agendas smashed...no...we won't.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why I didn't chose Mitt Romney or Barack Huessein Obama.

Because I have a brain and I use it.

I dunno about their supporters, some have brains choosing to line their pockets, while others are disillusioned into the same political garbage.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Obviously I was not clear. I do not now, nor have I ever supported Obama. He is a liar and a fraud. I do not support Romney either, for the same reasons.

Yes, I support Ron Paul.

If you believe Ron Paul supporters are going to vote for Obama, then you clearly do not understand WHY people support Paul.

Even if Paul does not end up on the Ballot in November, I would not vote for Obama or Romney. I will write in my mother first.

You do not have to choose between two evils. That is the most ignorant stance someone can have.
edit on 6-5-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Your Logic in that Choice is Wanting , Think Again........

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If you believe Ron Paul supporters are going to vote for Obama, then you clearly do not understand WHY people support Paul.

Even if Paul does not end up on the Ballot in November, I would not vote for Obama or Romney. I will write in my mother first.

You do not have to choose between two evils. That is the most ignorant stance someone can have.
edit on 6-5-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

You don't have to choose between the lesser of two evils. You can hide behind an insignificant vote and wait until the greater evil steals your life. I understand Paul completely. I also understand his people would rather issue a worthless protest vote and remove the evil we have. I thought that way when I was young too. I was wrong. Very idealistic. Very wrong. Very dangerous.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
it's all BS

when you truly represent 10% of the population, you have to fool 40 % of the population

don't fall for it !

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I am not fooling myself. It is extremely unlikely that Paul will be elected President.

If Obama gets re-elected we will continue to be screwed. If Romney is elected we will continue to be screwed.
Voting for Romney is not going to make anything better.
Either way, we all get screwed.

How does voting for one or the other make make any kind of sense?

If you want to win a rigged game, where the rules ensure you always lose. You have to break their rules and smash the board.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
it's all BS

when you truly represent 10% of the population, you have to fool 40 % of the population

don't fall for it !

You are showing a lack of understanding of your own political foundations. The rules are set to avoid a popular vote influencing the outcome of presidential elections - rightly so.

America is not a democracy. Your forefathers wrote the most brilliant document in the history of civilisation. Learn it.

The elected candidate is the man who has the most support of the informed, engaged, and hard working supporters. God forbid America ever falls into the trap of having the masses decide their fate. That would lead to the rule of idiocy.
edit on 6/5/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Mitt's not for those things you listed anymore, oh wait, he is, nevermind, no he's not.

Sheep like you fall for this silly rhetoric after years of nothing ever changing, you believe in the two party system, you are the problem. Anybody but the black guy is your model, you fall right into their lap. Make sure you get your trusted "I am Sheeple plaque" from Goldman Sachs.

This is why Democracy is scary #, idiots exist in extremely large amounts.

You use to be a Gingrich supporter, lmao
edit on 6-5-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Liberals taking things out of context as was shown in this thread earlier.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Your Logic in that Choice is Wanting , Think Again........

So I can't want things? Romney can't want things? Only Paul's or Obama's wants are valid???

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I disagree. I think he represents the majority of the population a lot of people are just unaware. What percentage would Romney represent if he had gotten the same biased treatment as Paul? How about Santorum and so on.

Paul has persisted and won his votes the hard way practically through word of mouth while the media (owned by clear channel com which is owned by Bain which is the company Romney advises for and would likely represent in office) ignores you and picks one candidate from the beginning. From the BEGINNING Romney was chosen and everyone knew that. Why? Have you ever asked why on Earth people would have it in their mind he would be the candidate over a year ago?

Ron Paul's ideas are more in line with the public. He is the ONLY anti war candidate. If that isn't enough on it's own there are plenty of other attributes. They have been selling us a new war alongside a new candidate and idiots are taking it in.

I would say whatever percentage of Americans are antiwar and don't want further war.. that is more like the number of people that would support Ron Paul if he were promoted equally like the other candidates..

We all know this is true. Have we ever had one of these pundits on t.v. (pundits not their guests) give a fair breakdown including RP and say he is the only candidate that expresses that he will not take us into further war? No. That is for a reason. In reality the real number of people that are represented on Paul is much much higher than shown in corrupt polls, and biased media (something that has to go by the way). How can people make an informed decision without a real channel to inform them. Syrinx, look at you, you have it all at your fingertips but you are still buying the bias.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
reply to post by Mizzijr

Paul is the only hope. Trust me. Instincts....

So...You...Vote...on...Instincts....

Wow!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join