It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I chose Mitt Romney over Ron Paul and Barack Huessein Obama II

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Paul is the only hope. Trust me. Instincts....

And my instincts never pushed towards obama or romney...

Failed me once with my fondness to bush, but I was naive then. I didn't know what was going on. Now I do, we are in a heap of shi* and we need to dig ourselves out.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by sonnny1

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me." –Mitt Romney

That my friend,sealed the deal for me,regardless if he made a mistake on the way he was trying to present himself. America DOESN'T need people fired,we need JOBS.

You think it is the responsiblity of government to give people jobs? I would like to see him fire those sit on their a$$ beaurocrats who do nothing but make up rules to secure their own jobs. You think he should not fire those in the GAO and their Hawaii vacations, youtube videos and hot tub parties? Fire them all. Obama would have never seen them if those idiots didn't post on YouTube. Romney would have overseers watching for things like that. He would never allow it in his businesses and would not allow it in government. I also don't think his wife will be taking half million dollar vacations at the taxpayers expense either.

I was presenting the quote Romney said. I believe this country needs JOBS,not Government Jobs. Any time you are going to talk about Jobs,you better present yourself,in a way that its not taken out of context !!!!!!!!!! Especially with the climate the way it is !!!! Dude,seriously,read through the thread,and my remarks. I wouldn't vote for him,or Obama. For those who are RP fanatics,those people turn people like me away from wanting to vote for RP again. BTW,I voted for RP Twice ! Not many can claim that. RP supporters FORCE the good mans words down EVERYONE'S throat,and leave NO room for self digestion. No one can give me the reason,"well that's because we are on a precipice",because I knew about the precipice,a long time ago. Not only that,I wasnt obnoxious enough to point it out to people,EVERY waking moment,making myself look like I was the only person that cared,or knew what the hell was going on. Romney is an Idiot. PERIOD. Obama is an idiot,PERIOD.

The only Overseers Romney is going to have,are the ones kicking in the doors,of the American public...........

Rant off..........

edit on 6-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
The highly anticipated thread about why I am voting for Mitt Romney:

Ha, ha, ha. If you really believe a WORD coming out of Romneys mouth, then you are one of the biggest fools on the planet.

Romney is the BIGGEST flip-flopper around. It is SO BAD that it is COMICAL. On one day he is a hard-left liberal, then when his aids whisper in his ear that its not wise for the election the bum changes 180 degrees to HARD-RIGHT mode.

He is playing his role NO different than the infamous Republican George Bush Sr with his "READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES"
nonsense to get elected. He KNEW he would raise taxes NO DOUBT. But he needed to go the usual Republican way of LIES to get elected.

And I got news for you, unless you are a little kid, then you should know that Romney is MUCH MUCH worst of a FAKE and a LIAR than knucklehead Daddy Bush. Romney is MUCH worst. Like a WHOLE different level by far.

Obama and Romney are about the same in the end. If you REALLY want someone with Americas best interests in mind, then you are a FOOL not to vote for Ron Paul. There is a REASON why there is a Main Stream Media blackout on him all the time. It is because Ron Paul is the ONLY one who will change things in this country.

The SNAKES and DEVILS in control who are SCREWING America over and selling it out dont want their GRAVY-TRAIN to EVER come to an END. Ron Paul will make it come to an END and this country will be GREAT again where our children and grandchildren can have a chance at the American DREAM which has become a NIGHTMARE as it is going right now...

The SNAKES and DEVILS love Romney. Look at the all the media coverage and attention the puppet gets. Can you not read-between-the-lines there? He is just another puppet liar for the establishment to utilize, in its total commitment of continuing to SCREWING America over.

Do you want to see America become GREAT again, or do you want to elect the same PUPPETS into office who continue to lead us down the same DESTRUCTIVE path over and over and over again?? HOW many times do you want the SAME nightmare history to REPEAT ITSELF before you SEE what is GOING ON????

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING here with this thread, right??

WOW.

edit on 6-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I went to the link you provided for romney and I will say that in some of his proposals via his website are pretty impressive. I disagree with him on social security with raising the retirement age and the payouts lessened for more affluent retirees. I don't think that the federal gov. should have any hand in health care.
I like what he proposes on taxes I believe: However; there is one thing I am unclear about.
I like what is written on human- capitol and his results with education.
I only agree with some of his positions on energy and again there are some I don't fully understand

I will amend what I said about his business-sense as, after review and if applied to the right areas, I can see where it can benefit.
I just can't get past the fact that he is financially endorsed by what I believe to be some pretty evil (for lack of a better word at the moment) people and corporations.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am far from a fan of Obamas. However, Romney frightnes me on a level Obama never did. With Obama we know what we would get if he got four more years. Not pretty but it could be worse, far worse if Romney gets into office.
ROmney will say anything he thinks the voters want to hear but his voting record tell a different story.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Voting for Romney will NOT change a damn thing!

There's a reason why people call them both OBAMNEY.

They're one and the same! Romney's just putting out those status quo answers because he's afraid to deviate from the status quo!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Nite_wing

Voting for Romney will NOT change a damn thing!

There's a reason why people call them both OBAMNEY.

They're one and the same! Romney's just putting out those status quo answers because he's afraid to deviate from the status quo!

More sensations from you! I don't want a conversion or someone telling me I shouldn't vote for Romney. You wanted to know why I am voting for Romney and this is it! Stop crying about it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
I went to the link you provided for romney and I will say that in some of his proposals via his website are pretty impressive. I disagree with him on social security with raising the retirement age and the payouts lessened for more affluent retirees. I don't think that the federal gov. should have any hand in health care.
I like what he proposes on taxes I believe: However; there is one thing I am unclear about.
I like what is written on human- capitol and his results with education.
I only agree with some of his positions on energy and again there are some I don't fully understand

I will amend what I said about his business-sense as, after review and if applied to the right areas, I can see where it can benefit.
I just can't get past the fact that he is financially endorsed by what I believe to be some pretty evil (for lack of a better word at the moment) people and corporations.

well some people consider the US military is evil and a lot of the soldiers back RP. So its all perspective really. Thanx for breaking down what you like and dont like about his plans tho. You are the only person to do this in three pages and that's how real constructive debate works. Not telling me I am wrong and part of the problem... Sigh

edit on 6-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I was presenting the quote Romney said. I believe this country needs JOBS,not Government Jobs. Any time you are going to talk about Jobs,you better present yourself,in a way that its not taken out of context !!!!!!!!!!

Mitt Romney's quote wasn't about Jobs. It was about insurance companies and individual freedom for us to fire those companies if we chose to because they provide their services to us. He was talking about the Health Care mandate. I have already explained this above but apparently you didn't read it...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium
Well Done you just endorsed possibly the biggest liar ever to run for the office of president!!

Nice people call him a flip-flopper, i call him a liar.
edit on 6-5-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

I was going to imbed a Youtube video about Obama lies from his own mouth.
There were just too many and I couldn't decide which one to use.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I am going to assume you are younger. I only say that because you mention medicare and such for "your" generation.

Here's a kicker for you. You say Romney should repeal the clean air act. That actually teeters on the edge of insanity or stupidity...but because you are possibly younger, you maybe don't remember the days before the clean air acts were passed...(Obama didn't pass these, these have been around for years).

Acid rain for starters and pollution that inflames your lungs and slowly poisons you. Maybe you never saw pictures of L.A. or New York prior to these laws...then..well...you couldn't actually see the city for the smog...people suffered from all kind of breathing and/or lung disorders...not to mention the rain wiping out huge swaths of vegetation and trees in the high lands....

Your guy...if he does this...needs to be removed....quickly...this is foolishness in the name of money.

edit on 5/6/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I was presenting the quote Romney said. I believe this country needs JOBS,not Government Jobs. Any time you are going to talk about Jobs,you better present yourself,in a way that its not taken out of context !!!!!!!!!!

Mitt Romney's quote wasn't about Jobs. It was about insurance companies and individual freedom for us to fire those companies if we chose to because they provide their services to us. He was talking about the Health Care mandate. I have already explained this above but apparently you didn't read it...

I know exactly what he said,and why he said. No need to regurgitate it. Firing.......represents Job........In the average Americans mind.............REGARDLESS ON HOW YOU OR HE WANTS TO SPIN IT.

I stand by what I said,and why he should have been MORE careful,especially in this day and age,where Firing,and Job go hand in hand .

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The highly anticipated thread about why I am voting for Mitt Romney:

A few bullet points to get your minds going...

Mitt Romney believes that it is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon.
Believes in a strong military offensive as well as defensive.
Mitt Romney wants to amend the clean air act and any other crazy environmental polices that Obama has enacted in his three years.
Mitt Romney would like to modernized medicare and social security so that they are sustainable for our generation.
Mitt Romney believes whole heatedly in legal immigration, as his family were immigrants. As were all of ours. He knows the system for immigration is broken and he wants to streamline it and take away unnecessary regulations that makes it harder for immigrants to come here. He will secure the border and take away all entitlements which entice immigrants to come here illegally.
Mitt Romney understands that any economic turnaround starts with realistic and attainable goals. Which is why he has proposed his plan which cuts federal spending below 20% for the first year. He will cut $500 Billion by 2016. He will also make congress cut 5% of their budget across the board on day one!

Other plans that affect the economy will be to:
repeal ObamaCare saving $95 Billion as well as individual liberty
He wants to privatize Amtrak which will save us 1.6 Billion
He wants to cut $600 Million in federal subsidies to corporations like PBS and Legal Services Corporation
He wants to eliminate Planned Parenthood which will save us $300 Million
He wants to reduce foreign aid by $100 Million and ask congress why they are sending money to enemies of America. He will eliminate that as well.

For personal income Mitt Romney would like to make 20% tax cuts across the board
Eliminate taxes for those making $200,000 or LESS
For Corporations he would like to make a 25% tax cut across the board.

For Health Care. In place of Obamacare, Mitt will pursue policies that give each state the power to craft a health care reform plan that is best for its own citizens.

Let me know if you want me to include something that I missed and I will surely go back and tell you what Romney wants to do. See, Mitt Romney does not look like Obama so much now does he? While he may not have "revolutionary" plans like Ron Paul, we can't honestly start to fix the problems without first doing something drastic but reasonable and realistic about them!

All information was taken from MittRomney.com

edit on 6-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
reply to post by Mizzijr

Paul is the only hope. Trust me. Instincts....

And my instincts never pushed towards obama or romney...

Failed me once with my fondness to bush, but I was naive then. I didn't know what was going on. Now I do, we are in a heap of shi* and we need to dig ourselves out.

You can never be too sure. Guns talk and money walks in this country. I love Paul, but I wouldn't put my life solely in his hands.

I believe he'll make the right choice but I always expect the unexpected.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Ha, ha, ha. If you really believe a WORD coming out of Obamas mouth, then you are one of the biggest fools on the planet.

Fixed for truth

I choose Romney because it makes liberals heads explode.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I know exactly what he said,and why he said. No need to regurgitate it. Firing.......represents Job........In the average Americans mind.............REGARDLESS ON HOW YOU OR HE WANTS TO SPIN IT.

I stand by what I said,and why he should have been MORE careful,especially in this day and age,where Firing,and Job go hand in hand .

No you are taking HIS words and spinning them because you want it to mean something it doesn't! You are worse than the MSM.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I choose Romney because it makes liberals heads explode.

Yes it does!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Americans are tired of war. Military grunts are tired of war. Only the establishment favors war. Obama has sided with the establisment and has launched bombs on every darn body and Mitt has promised to do more of the same.

There is one candidate saying, "wait, stop, what are we doing? We're broke". That guy gets my vote.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No you are taking HIS words and spinning them because you want it to mean something it doesn't! You are worse than the MSM.

Hmmmm.

You Sound like an Obama supporter now........

Really,when are you going to understand,regardless on who is spinning it,for the Average American,when you hear the word "Firing",coming from a Political Presidential hopeful,you think "Jobs"?? It doesn't matter if it was the biggest LIE on earth ! Just that simple soundbite,taken out of context,forces those on the fence,to reconsider. THAT IS MY POINT !

Get it !!!
edit on 6-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join