It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I chose Mitt Romney over Ron Paul and Barack Huessein Obama II

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The most powerful company he started was Bain Capital, which he divorced from Bain Consulting. Bain made millions by taking on companies, then dissolving them and making huge profits in the liquidation process.

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Dude.. he has one millionaire that started backing him in the last few months.

One he just got compared to the dozens between Obama and Romney. Not to mention Romney has 200 - 400 million in assets and Ron Paul has around 4 millions. Which one do you think made their money honestly? The Dr. with 4 million well into his 70's or the advisor with 400 million in his 60's?

You need to open your eyes man.

OK...I think the most powerful company Romney has started was....Staples....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The highly anticipated thread about why I am voting for Mitt Romney:

A few bullet points to get your minds going...

Mitt Romney believes that it is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon.

Remember McCain in 08....bomb..bomb..bomb ....bomb iran.

Yawn...So Romney beats the drum for war...next.

Believes in a strong military offensive as well as defensive.

DO you know a candidate that has called for a "weak" Military?...and BTW..We don't have a department of "offense" for a reason. Not sure what excites you here? Not only will Romney "defend" our country, but he will attack other countries unprovoked???...Yeah!

Mitt Romney wants to amend the clean air act and any other crazy environmental polices that Obama has enacted in his three years.

No offense, but perhaps educate yourself? The Clean Air Act has been around for decades, and Obama has been blasted by the left for not expanding the Act.

Obama Administration Abandons Stricter Air-Quality Rules
www.nytimes.com...

Mitt Romney would like to modernized medicare and social security so that they are sustainable for our generation.

Modernize?...nice word....Like "Job Creators"

He would like to PRIVATIZE those safety nets cuz Wall Street can't figure out how to force Americans to keep giving them money after they gambled and lost everyone's 401ks and then took more in the form of Taxpayer Bailouts...suddenly folks aren't comfortbale giving them thier nest eggs anymore....hmm what's next? How about we get Social Security? Why TF would anyone feel good about giving effen Wall Street an entire countries Social Security savings???? We double promise we will be honest and won't gamble it away this time, just give us every penny every American has saved for retirement.

As far as "modernize Medicare"...translation...go broke and die quick...social darwinism.

Mitt Romney is simply a big bloated lump of "what folks want to hear" and anyone that watches him can see the same.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
dp
edit on 7-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinGraves
HI everyone, long time lurker from norway here, just registered a couple of days ago.
First thing, i hate that my first post on this forum will be in such a negative tone, but i think it is completly insane that some people in this thread think that military actions against iran is a good thing, and the way those people stand firmly behind their beliefs is sickening, this is why america is hated so much around the world, doing wtf they want and act like the worlds biggest bully, and u call rp politics isolationism,u have been isolated for years bevause of your foreign policies. sorry for all the typos, hope i guys understand everything, i think rp is a breath of fresh air, and for the sake of world peace, and for the sake of Maybe Your respect around the world will again be at a normal point.. Sorry again for all the typos, and btw i dont agree with all of rp policies, i believe for the sake of world peace and mutual respect, you should give the man a try.
Hope i understand what i mean.
Best wishes

You could have just said I don't agree with your foreign policy stance and why. NO need to be spreading your ron paul crap around on this thread there is plenty here and elsewhere to do that. Just for future notice

Hi again, i am sorry but i dont think i am spreading any ron paul crap, as i said there is a lot i dont agree with about ron paul.
Put i totally believe that his foreign policies is what could save the world from alot of grief and sorrow,
I would support any candidate with that world view. Im not gonna go into any of the candidates domestic policies, since i feel i dont have enuff first hand experiences with living in your country.. Me and alot of people around the world is sick and tired of how blatantly ignorent Your country has Been over seas for decades, hell if romney or santorum had the same world view as ron paul i would support them all, solely based on foreign policies.
I am looking at the big picture here, and america has to change their foreign policies rather sooner than later, we are all living on the same planet, and the most important thing is to respect each other, ,you only gain respect by showing respect.. I feel that Your answer to me was a bit harsh and blunt.
And maybe i am abit childish for calling someone insane,but im a bit lost for words when i see people agreeing with how the leaders of your country have acted around the world the past decades.. Bash me as much you guys want,
But you need to wake up and see the bigger picture.
Or do you guys. Feel im totally wrong?
Robin,Norway.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Won't America going into Iran have a serious effect on your economy. It's going to have to be a pretty big military adventure, that will cost many lives and lots of money.

Nobody said anything about going into Iran, and if we do assist Israel in stopping Iran, that's likely all its going to be a little skirmish between Israel and Iran until Iran realizes we could blow them up.

This statement sounds very immature, in an astonishing way. Skirmish? Do you even know where Iran is, and what its geography and population are like? And how do you propose we "blow them up"? Are you serious that we need to use nuclear weapons against Iran?

Sheesh...

edit on 7-5-2012 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

He knows the system for immigration is broken and he wants to streamline it and take away unnecessary regulations that makes it harder for immigrants to come here.

And why exactly people need to be ecstatic about inviting more immigrants to a country which is already suffering from huge unemployment and entitlements?

He will secure the border

Really? Well, I promise to cure cancer. Seriously.

He wants to cut $600 Million in federal subsidies to corporations like PBS

He wants to kill PBS, one of few decent media outlets in the US? If there weren't reasons already to not vote for this guy, this is one.

For personal income Mitt Romney would like to make 20% tax cuts across the board

OK so if the rich are paying 15% on capital gains, does this mean that why would actually receive 5% subsidy from Washington? And sure, cutting taxes is such a brilliant idea in the face of huge deficit.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I think what everyone who mongers after war seems to forget........
Those are OUR sons and daughters. My husband was in the military, my son was in the military, my stepson is currently in the military. They were not / are not expendable to ME. If they were to be KIA for defending OUR freedom that's a bad but necessary evil. If they were to be KIA fighting for someone to line their pockets that is worse than evil, so much worse that I can't think of a bad enough word to use here that wouldn't get my post removed.

ETA: YOUR children are not expendable to me either!
edit on 7/5/2012 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
No one man should have all that power, the clocks tickin i just count the hours.
seriously people stop acting like there's an election at all, if it even happens fairly, it's only a year or 2 away that fukashima, the giant earthquakes or whatever else Allah thinks we deserve, destroy us anyways. the esoteric agenda is almost complete, and you #ers are arguing over obama and romney. come on lol, our awesome god is doing an awesome facepalm right now.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

I do not place LDS as a Religion but as a cult. Also no problem with that. The issue I have is with loyalty structure and secrecy, both in the subject of relation but the cult itself.

Personally I would prefer that someone on that type of jobs did not belong to any religious organization. Ethically they should not belong to any secret organization especially those that concern a previous vow of loyalty (as it creates a conflict of interests).

I understand that legally there is no block, what I'm saying is that it should exist some restriction or it should be made clear once and for all to the voter that they are not voting on a person but on the organizations behind the face, that ultimately should be considered nothing more than a puppet, whose personal views and are irrelevant.

This is already assumed by some people and is a reason why government is increasingly losing any credibility.

I do not believe that followers of major religions swear alienation to the human hierarchy, unless they are part of that hierarchy. If so the issue is the same, but that is not the case with Mormonism, every believer submits to the elders and the prophets (one a living prophet). In any case Mitt Romney was also part of the hierarchy as a bishop...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
SO I guess it's just a coincidence that after trying to debate with you guys on this forum, my computer gets infected with a virus and all that I've been doing was ATS... Keep your freaking bitcoins! I don't want or need them... Jeez you people really are selfish!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That's about as asinine as your support for Mr. Romney.

Nobody is hacking your computer or giving you a virus over a topic board.

Now then, what say you to Romney's violation of Rule 11?
www.pr.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Are you being serious? And the mystery as to why you support his policies disappears - Romney capitalises on paranoid nuts such as yourself

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit

Honestly, if your candidates were originally Huntsman, than you switched to Cain, than switched to Santorum, THAN switched to Romney... maybe you shouldn't be voting at all.

Here comes the last straw.... I shouldn't vote at all! Well thanks a lot guys! I really love this America that we live in today...People telling me who I should vote for. No. Don't try to spin what you meant to say. I understand

I'm pointing out how much of a useful idiot you are.

If you honestly can't identify and stick with a candidate right from the beginning for their policies, their voting records and what they really stand for and just continually jump from one candidate to another and another over and over, whoever has the media directed bandwagon supporting them at the moment, your just a useful idiot for the establishment that doesn't have any clue about what the hell you want. Just admit it.

There is only 1 candidate I would vote for, and if he wasn't on the ballot I would write is name in under the other candidates to show my support. This is why Paul is still in this race despite all the opposition and media bias against him, he has real supporters that believe in what he stands for.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

There is only 1 candidate I would vote for, and if he wasn't on the ballot I would write is name in under the other candidates to show my support.

And that candidate's name is JESUS! ;D

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If you honestly can't identify and stick with a candidate right from the beginning for their policies, their voting records and what they really stand for and just continually jump from one candidate to another and another over and over, whoever has the media directed bandwagon supporting them at the moment, your just a useful idiot for the establishment that doesn't have any clue about what the hell you want. Just admit it.

NObody is telling me who to vote for my changing of people once they drop out is my own personal opinion. I didn't like the religious stances of Rick Santorum, but I defended him (note that's not called supporting him) I liked Newt's liberal media bashing, so i considered him. I really like everything Jon Huntsman said. I like 999 from Herman Cain. I don't really like anything from Ron Paul except his $1 trillion idea which will never pass congress. I hate Obama's weak leadership. I like Romney's business experience which is what's need in this economic climate! That is my thought processes not anybody elses

You told me I shouldn't vote it was plain and simple to me...I know what Ron Paul really stands for it will never work and the questions I ask remain unanswered so I will do so again.
edit on 7-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I can't vote for Obama and I certainly cannot vote for Romney the flip flopper. By default I vote Paul because he has retained the same conviction and message throughout his entire career.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have still not heard the answer to my question, how Ron Paul will stop evil corporatism from taking over america. When his policies are genuinely pro-corporatism and will lead to eradication of all liberal government oversight policies which protect civil liberties as long as they are not over-protected which sometimes they are--Which is what I hate about government policies.

UNTIL I GET A GOOD RESPONSE FROM

THIS QUESTION I WILL NOT ANSWER

ANY OTHERS

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I like Romney's business experience which is what's need in this economic climate! That is my thought processes not anybody elses
Romney did a great job with Bain Capital, buying up American companies and liquidating their assets to overseas investors. You agree?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I like Romney's business experience which is what's need in this economic climate! That is my thought processes not anybody elses
Romney did a great job with Bain Capital, buying up American companies and liquidating their assets to overseas investors. You agree?

He also invested in and started companies or did you only look at the negative side of Bain capital because its apparently now an evil corporation. I'm guessing you do not belong in the venture capital world or the business world?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

He also invested in and started companies or did you only look at the negative side of Bain capital because its apparently now an evil corporation. I'm guessing you do not belong in the venture capital world or the business world?
All the companies that belong to his corporate and banker buddies, right? Money is his motivation, not the well being of the American people.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join