It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Military Wants To 'Microchip' Troops

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If they move through the bloodstream, which i doubt due to obvious reasons, you can always allow someone to hit you with a stungun. The higher the volts the better....sure you'll be incapacitated for a brief time, but the chip will likely have the crap fried out of it.

That or find a way to microwave yerself.....i suppose there is always the car battery trick. Not sure how yall feel about jumper cables.

BTW these things work on very very low voltage if any, all they really are is antenna receivers that hold info which then becomes activated under a certain frequency and transmits its info. Wouldn't be hard to fry, yet i think maybe they have already thought of that.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well, I hope they do two things on this. Make it public for where these are implanted and make it in a location where a fool with no medical experience looking to remove it can do so without killing the man in the process.

Why? Well... With a chip in every troop....what do you think the first order of business will now become when capturing a U.S. Soldier? Heck....for that matter..I wouldn't even want to be a FORMER solider with this. You'd never convince ignorant paranoid fighters that this wasn't a CIA gizmo to report everything detail about them and your location. Reasoning would just waste energy when they guy will soon need it for the yelling.

Whoever came up with this..really needs to GET one and then go do some good village level civil service work in rural Afghanistan. Tell everyone how it worked out a year later.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
If this "wonderful" technology is sooo "useful" why not just put it into "dog tags" that a soldier wears? Why does it need to go in thier bodies?

Because it's damn tough to measure things like blood sugar, temp, pH, or potassium level from a dog tag.

You have to be invasive to measure the things you want to find out. It's why doctors take blood samples to do labs instead of waving a wand over you.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRETSeems like in reality they could/have just put this in with one of the many vaccines we get on a regular basis.

It's big and lumpy - bigger than the verichip. It's only the sensor elements that are nanoscale.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

No punishment could be worse than to willingly accept the "mark of the beast"

The "mark of the beast" isn't this. The phrasing of the bible passages mentioning it are pretty obviously describing something like a tefillin. More, the term "charagma" which is translated as mark, isn't necessarily a 'mark'. It can also be a vow, an oath, a contract or a wholehearted acceptance of something. When you combine that with the thing being described like a tefillin which is "the word of God in your forehead and your hand", meaning an acceptance of, or vow to God in your thoughts and deeds rather than some magic object, it seems pretty clear that the "mark of the beast" isn't a chip or tattoo or Social Security number, but a pledge, vow or contract to 'the beast' in your thoughts and the works of your hands.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by ProudBird
How many times has a soldier been out in the field, and lost, and needing rescue? Any sort of ability to locate that person would seem to be a very, very good idea.

And what stops the enemy from hacking the system and locating those lost soldiers?

The fact that they don't work that way would be a nice start.

It isn't really a tracking system per se. The range is quite limited, unless you strap on an interrogator/datanode. That allows distance telemetry, but it's not so easy to spot unless you've got the key.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
well if this happens W

welcome to Oceania aka the place of Winston Smith's World !!

Oceania

George Bush SR Dream a New World Order !! AKA Orwellian World

But.....

There is One that Already Exist !! In the Country Called
North Korea a place that can be easily Identified as an Orwellian World ..

just loosing Privacy on step at a time Military to your Employment for Monitoring you for Health reasons

then a Nano GPS will be Next !! Here take this Vitamin !! dont Swallow tho
The Pill will attach to the Walls of your Stomach and you will never even know !!

Dont think so !

Guess Again

The Arrival of Nanotech Medicine and What it Means for Health and Privacy
Posted by truther on January 21, 2012

n yet another example of what was once called a conspiracy theory, but is now accepted as mainstream science, “edible microchips” are being officially rolled out for consumption by the general public. Interestingly enough, it was only a few short years ago that anyone who mentioned a microchipped population via implantable, or ingestible microchips was derided as paranoid and delusional. Now that the technology has been introduced, however, these individuals are no longer so easy to dismiss.

www.pakalertpress.com...

www.pakalertpress.com...

While scan the Net about GPS microchip

Microchip Implants Ready To Be Used With Swine Flu Vaccines - The Chip Is Located In The Tip Of The Needle

Hitachi Develops a New RFID with Embedded Antenna µ-Chip --Makes Possible Wireless Links that Work Using Nothing More Than a 0.4mm X 0.4mm Chip, One of the World's Smallest ICs-- Tokyo, September 2, 2003-Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) today announced that it has developed a new version of its RFID µ-Chip embedding an antenna. When using Hitachi's original µ-Chip, one of the world's smallest RFID ICs measuring only 0.4mm X 0.4mm, an external antenna must be attached to the chip to allow external devices to read the 128-bit ID number stored in its ROM (Read-Only-Memory).

loveforlife.com.au...

GPS chips are now smaller than a match head
Posted on February 12, 2009 by John Brownlee
gadgets.boingboing.net...

Epson and Infineon develop next generation Single-Chip GPS receiver - Highest Sensitivity, Halved Power Consumption and Smallest Footprint
www.infineon.com...

scary # indeed ...

as long it not in the head ...

Hey no worries just get a MRI cat scan etc and it will burn out the chip right ?

but Zorgon Idea is Much Better a Tesla Coil EMP Maker in a Disguised Van ! or Ice Cream Truck !

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strainz
But are they nano to hide the chip from captors, or are they nano so they become impossible to remove after retirement for example by a 'civilian' doctor. Perhaps once installed the contract might state its in indefinitely.

The nano parts of it are just the chemical sensor array. The entire implant is quite non-nano. Some sensors can be done another way, but they're sort of large if you do. You'd rather the thing be a jelly baby than a pacemaker.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
then a Nano GPS will be Next !! Here take this Vitamin !! dont Swallow tho
The Pill will attach to the Walls of your Stomach and you will never even know !!

This and the links you posted really don't go together, although they sound real scary.

There are a lot of technical reasons why it won't work, but in essence you suck as something to embed a radio transmitter or receiver in, since you're a bag of salt water. There's also a distinct lack-of-power thing to deal with too.

"radio frequency" doesn't mean "radio signal", and implants don't generally use radio waves, with the exception of low-power MICS stuff, which has big rechargeable batteries in, relatively speaking.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

If this "wonderful" technology is sooo "useful" why not just put it into "dog tags" that a soldier wears? Why does it need to go in thier bodies?

Because it's damn tough to measure things like blood sugar, temp, pH, or potassium level from a dog tag.

You have to be invasive to measure the things you want to find out. It's why doctors take blood samples to do labs instead of waving a wand over you.

If the point your trying to make is that these things "help" soldiers I don't buy it...hey hears a thought, maybe help our soldiers by not putting them in these unethical wars to begin with?

edit on 7-5-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

If the point your trying to make is that these things "help" soldiers I don't buy it...hey hears a thought, maybe help our sildiers by not putting them in these unethical wars to begin with?

The point is, why do you have to put them inside you instead of hanging them around your neck is, you can't do it that way.

Might they help, I could certainly see them as being useful in a combat situation. If you are wounded, infected, poisoned, or just sick, it would help to know what was going wrong in seconds so you could start treatment there on the spot rather than ship you back at some point to a med unit, draw blood, run a test panel, and take a couple of hours to get some of them back.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

No punishment could be worse than to willingly accept the "mark of the beast"

The "mark of the beast" isn't this. The phrasing of the bible passages mentioning it are pretty obviously describing something like a tefillin. More, the term "charagma" which is translated as mark, isn't necessarily a 'mark'. It can also be a vow, an oath, a contract or a wholehearted acceptance of something. When you combine that with the thing being described like a tefillin which is "the word of God in your forehead and your hand", meaning an acceptance of, or vow to God in your thoughts and deeds rather than some magic object, it seems pretty clear that the "mark of the beast" isn't a chip or tattoo or Social Security number, but a pledge, vow or contract to 'the beast' in your thoughts and the works of your hands.

I used that term for effect, because I see these things as evil and invasive, no one should be forced to be chipped if they don't want it...period....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I used that term for effect, because I see these things as evil and invasive, no one should be forced to be chipped if they don't want it...period....

What do you think of blood tests the doctor does? Are they evil and invasive?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

If the point your trying to make is that these things "help" soldiers I don't buy it...hey hears a thought, maybe help our sildiers by not putting them in these unethical wars to begin with?

The point is, why do you have to put them inside you instead of hanging them around your neck is, you can't do it that way.

Might they help, I could certainly see them as being useful in a combat situation. If you are wounded, infected, poisoned, or just sick, it would help to know what was going wrong in seconds so you could start treatment there on the spot rather than ship you back at some point to a med unit, draw blood, run a test panel, and take a couple of hours to get some of them back.

I don't know, perhaps if they are completely voluntary a soldier may opt to have one for those reasons....but should not be forced to have one.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

What do you think of blood tests the doctor does? Are they evil and invasive?

It's not the same thing, I am not forced to go the doctor to have a blood test.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I don't know, perhaps if they are completely voluntary a soldier may opt to have one for those reasons....but should not be forced to have one.

What part of it specifically bothers you, and why? Considering it's basically a SMAC-24 chemlab with battlefield-relevant additions they're talking about. I'm not seeing the evil here.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

What part of it specifically bothers you, and why? Considering it's basically a SMAC-24 chemlab with battlefield-relevant additions they're talking about. I'm not seeing the evil here.

Several things bother me, first I don't think they should be forced on soldiers that don't want them.

Second I don't like the implications chipping people has for future applications they may be used for in the general population. I don't want to be a human scan bar for ANY reason.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Think about it, what are scan bars used for? To keep track of inventory, soldiers and people are not inventory, and those that seem to think they are need to get a grip on reality, People aren't going to put up with it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
If they move through the bloodstream, which i doubt due to obvious reasons, you can always allow someone to hit you with a stungun. The higher the volts the better....sure you'll be incapacitated for a brief time, but the chip will likely have the crap fried out of it.

That or find a way to microwave yerself.....i suppose there is always the car battery trick. Not sure how yall feel about jumper cables.

BTW these things work on very very low voltage if any, all they really are is antenna receivers that hold info which then becomes activated under a certain frequency and transmits its info. Wouldn't be hard to fry, yet i think maybe they have already thought of that.

They can bypass the blood stream issue by using Intradermal Injections and I would imagine the military would have a safeguard to voltage termination. Would chips made from biological material be harder to fry?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

It's not the same thing, I am not forced to go the doctor to have a blood test.

But as a soldier, if you're sick or injured in the field you don't generally have an option to ignore it. Or if you do (some do) you can get NJP for it.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join