It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Military Wants To 'Microchip' Troops

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Did you say you were in the military?

I am an engineer first. A warrior second. A 'Sailor' (the title is a tad deceptive) third (and that will change when I get a family of my own).

Refresh my memory?

You're not a person lost to reason - so I can't, for the life of me, figure out why it is you insist upon using none when it comes to this subject.

Have you heard of FRED Federal?

Sounds like Baghdad Bob.

But, honestly, no. Don't know. Don't really care. Unless Fred has found a way to render existing laws and principles of physics obsolete and invalid... then he's irrelevant to the issue.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

Did you say you were in the military?

I am an engineer first.

In nanotechnology?

Originally posted by Aim64C

Have you heard of FRED Federal?

Sounds like Baghdad Bob.

But, honestly, no. Don't know. Don't really care. Unless Fred has found a way to render existing laws and principles of physics obsolete and invalid... then he's irrelevant to the issue.

You're not a person lost to reason - so I can't, for the life of me, figure out why it is you insist upon using none when it comes to this subject. Remember, I did ask you. Continue on, nothing to see here.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

In nanotechnology?

Yes.

And in electronics.

There are those out there who know more than I do (or just know a few things I don't) - but I'm infinitely more qualified than Wally Weatherman and his entire staff.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

so you are a man of letters, but cling to the Warrior ethos, interesting. You seem to think that the deployment of this technology is a good thing? ok.

Oh by the way the money spent cleaning up after a war, for the depleted uranium, as if that is possible due to its very nature, is money that was planned ahead of time to be spent. This to me is not the justification for using that weaponry, it is the icing on the cake of out of control military spending.

You sir should be working on advancing the human race to its next level of consciousness or something, no? Then get on that why don't you. The military doesn't need a spokesperson and "singularity" isn't going to happen by itself. Go, get busy or you won't make the deadline. Millennia were not enough time but a few decades is. Go now and become Overman.

you are a warrior never. A warrior does not see himself as a warrior. He is that regardless. He sees himself as a man first and everything else in its appropriate place.

Nanotechnology huh???? Military....since you advocate for this technology you must have something vested in its deployment. I wonder, have you considered all the applications for this technology? I know you must have if your expertise is what you say it is and your implied level of education suggests you are WHAT you say you are.

Tell me, do you see this technology as a mandatory augmentation for the everyday soldier?

If so, you must know the possible dangers this technology has....Kill switches, enemy interception of signals, etc.

To naively push a technology that is potentially dangerous and a real liability for our troops, is unethical IMO.

These technologies are being pushed as the saving instrument for mankind. The natural progress of our world into the future. Yet the reality is that the mentality behind them is one of searching for golden tickets to hoards of tax money. That makes it MY BUSSINESS. My country too bub.

I can only guess that the monetary rewards for such a contract outweigh the inpracticality of such ventures at this time for our country considering the DIRE economic restraints we are facing as well as the threat of domestic dissent. Could this be employed on civilian prisoners perhaps? What is to stop us after our troops are bugged?

We need pencils not gel pens.

Could there be benefits to this technology, sure. Are the dangers "worth it" for a regular combatant. NO.

The risk of broadcasting your position for a soldier is dumb. The incorporation of a "kill switch" is a deal breaker too.

The technology is too young to see all possible applications and for their implications to be fully understood. What if people learn to use similar devices to trigger certain emotional responses by stimulating their physiology by the press of a button. You seen drug culture get ugly ever?

You can argue whatever you want but the infancy of these technologies makes them unpractical for many reasons. They need further testing and our laws have to catch up to make sure they are not abused in their early stages. If it were discovered that these technologies are used against public interests they could fall out of favor forever.

I agree that such augmentations are good if deployed properly. The danger is yet not understood and since arrogance teaches nothing let's take it slow and admit, HUMBLY, that we are not the Gods we wish to become yet.

Oh, and I am sure you really care, but that's kind of the point. You actually do. I wonder for what reasons though.

edit on 12-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

So, are you designing nano "microchips"?
You know, the kind in the OP artices, and the Biz Ops?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

so you are a man of letters, but cling to the Warrior ethos, interesting. You seem to think that the deployment of this technology is a good thing? ok.

It is a thing.

A cellular phone is a thing. Being able to make calls to people at my convenience as well as having a portable internet browser is a good thing. Having telemarketers able to make your pocket jingle is an annoying thing. Having it narc your location to someone who wants to kill you is a bad thing.

You manage the good with the bad. Just like you do with any other device or technology.

Oh by the way the money spent cleaning up after a war, for the depleted uranium, as if that is possible due to its very nature, is money that was planned ahead of time to be spent. This to me is not the justification for using that weaponry, it is the icing on the cake of out of control military spending.

DU is actually used very minimally. It is used in a very select few 35mm cannon rounds.

We spend most of the clean-up money on cleaning up lead from more standard munitions (used by our forces and hostile forces).

If it were up to me - I'd nuke the site from orbit and be done with it. Humanitarian wars always end up being a bad deal. Better to be the bad guy, make the heads roll, and let people get over it.

You sir should be working on advancing the human race to its next level of consciousness or something, no?

You do realize that the next level of human consciousness is the expansion of the human mind into digital hardware via cybernetic interface, do you not?

Then get on that why don't you.

All good things in their due time. Rest assured, there is a plan. The thing is that a good portion of the plan is enacting measures of securing the capital necessary to bring the developmental stages to fruition.

The military doesn't need a spokesperson and "singularity" isn't going to happen by itself.

I just like telling people they are wrong.

you are a warrior never.

Right. Everyone likes to espouse what it is to be a word they feel entitled to.

Nanotechnology huh???? Military....since you advocate for this technology you must have something vested in its deployment. I wonder, have you considered all the applications for this technology? I know you must have if your expertise is what you say it is and your implied level of education suggests you are WHAT you say you are.

You really under-estimate how much of a dick I am. I, honestly, just like telling people they are being retarded... and why.

Tell me, do you see this technology as a mandatory augmentation for the everyday soldier?

You don't really understand the question you just asked, really.

Engineering is evolving. 3d Printers are all the rage, now - but they are like vacuum tubes before solid state technology. In 50-100 years, it would not surprise me to see complex materials built by nanobots in 'soups' of stock elements and compounds. Not just materials - but also objects... possibly even some assemblies (though that's a little tricky). I might be over-estimating the rate of nanotech advances - but I would look to see a lot of meta-materials research to start using mixes of nanobots and viruses to build very intricately structured materials.

We currently build little electrical devices and place them under the skin, swallow them to diagnose digestive problems, etc. How do you think advance of industry will affect how we apply implants in the body - regardless of their function?

You could get an injection of nanobots with some biologically inert forms of various elements the nanobots need - and various implants would be constructed inside the body. Many different structures are, theoretically possible.

These technologies are being pushed as the saving instrument for mankind. The natural progress of our world into the future. Yet the reality is that the mentality behind them is one of searching for golden tickets to hoards of tax money. That makes it MY BUSSINESS. My country too bub.

Not in the slightest.

The real push for technologies like this is in the medical field with a secondary driver in the computer interface segment. A 'keyboard' that could verbalize your ideas with a high degree of accuracy at a much faster rate would improve office productivity unimaginably. A 3d program able to 'picture' what your mind pictures and work on it in a more firm digital representation would be invaluable to both manufacturing and the graphic arts.

The government really doesn't have much of an idea for how to use stuff like this. Some group will be against banning it outright; the other will be against it existing (probably the democrats trying to ban it). That, ultimately, is how it will be used by the government.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Putting info in soldiers has been going on since dogtags were invented. In WWII dogtags were shoved into the cheeks of dead soldiers before they were picked up. I knew a guy who did it. We all have our macro chips, our IDs. Now they get smaller and go inside.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Yes, but it's not practical for memory storage. It's an extremely leaky gate that has very high power requirements compared to other memory technologies that are more mature. In reality - it will never be a practical solution to use such gates. Other memory technologies are already poised to overtake classic CMOS based designs for their higher density and better performance (there is one out there that can potentially lead to solid-state analog computing... which will be very interesting).

ye're hella correct: nano-scale electronics, smart nanobots have been Just sci-fi $hit

1. electromagnetic noise.
2. gravitational waves.
3. Brownian motion.
4. no ways to control so huge swarm.
---------

even pack of 100 000 000 of VIRTUAL nanobots into VIRTUAL environment with Brownian movement cannot be handled normally at state-of-the-art processing power.
foglets forever & ever

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Well, this is no conspiracy theory any longer.

DARPA has announced plans to source nanosensors
to be implanted, that monitor soldiers' health on the battlefield.

These nanochips are so small....the sensors in them are smaller that the width of human hair.

www.psfk.com...

By the looks of this I would say the writing is now on
the wall. The only questions left are what will
happen to those soldiers who do not allow
nanochips implanted?

And then who is the next target after the soldiers?

Military guys, if you are sitting on the fence and a Christian, I would say don't join. Their is no such thing as a code of honour not in the day and age we are in, you are taking a chance.

The goal is to ensnare people, their morals and mind, into the substance of the mark of beast technology, like a Crack addict (The world dictatorship is coming this year.)
edit on 14-5-2012 by MarkScheppy because: aye

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Explain to this ignorant one what it is these micro-sensors do that will afford another human being power over you.

actually, to be chipped ain't so harmless as ye gonna make it looks: chip could contain capsule of poison, 4 example. chipped brain can be manipulated with electrical signals & chemical stuff as well + more sophisticated techs, cybercells, are possible too

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by BioSafe

They will start with the military because these fine men and women cannot refuse.

I think you nailed it there. Diabolical if you ask me.

They can refuse... they will goto federal jail though. And a lot of us did refusing the anthrax vaccine when I was in, because we new it was harmful. It is shameful what they do to us soldiers!

I think what Jim Marrs posted earlier on the subject of chipping is of note here. He nailed it (as always):

Your take on the Verichip is pretty much my take on the Verichip, especially since
most of this has already happened --- saving children and important executives,
ensuring business security, etc. Club Med already offers discounts and
front-of-the-line treatment for patrons who accept a chip. Today there are firms who
are requiring employees in sensitive areas to be chipped for security purpose. As
this becomes more and more the norm, every employee will be "encourage" to get
chipped. In a decade or so, all suspicion of the chip will be conditioned out of the
young people and it will become the acceptable - even the cool - thing to do. But
you don't have to be concerned about someone forcing you to be chipped. Already,
there are microchips so small they can be included in a common vaccination or even
be swallowed in some bulky foods. So if you eat at the right place, are in the
military or get any kind of vaccination or flu shot, you may already be
chipped and don't even know it.

Jim Marrs

link

Government and people on the government are incapable of a peaceful way of living, unless a sense of that specific quality of Promethean spark by which men and women may be freed from the chains of sophistry.

Our leaders are badly misinterpreting the words of great philosophers.
edit on 17-5-2012 by MarkScheppy because: adfa

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join