It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Military Wants To 'Microchip' Troops

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I'm talking about a more personal chip future chip the way the chips are heading. Of the military chips they are talking about.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Like someone above stated, in combination with the right fear tactic this could be accepted by the general public in a relatively short time. If it is indeed the famous mark of the beast and you want to avoid it then I would urge you to make preparations for yourself and your family, preferably in a third world country with much less infrastructure for this system to function properly and where this technology would take a little longer to implement, if at all. Remember, if you think this might be the "mark", you will have to resist it for around 3.5 years after the day it is officially implemented.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by joecool9887
reply to post by Bedlam

I'm talking about a more personal chip future chip the way the chips are heading. Of the military chips they are talking about.

However, even on some putative future chip, what sort of data are you envisioning is going to be on the part that would be worth holding you down and slicing it out of you?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
www.darpa.mil...

OH SH*T!

2nd line

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It was only a matter of time. It might make it easier to rescue Pows, since I'm sure they will have some sort of gps tracking. I honestly don't see this as any more scary than the government being able to freely conduct "medical testing" on troops, and the troops can't do anything about it or even sure if there are "side effects".

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I am a US Marine and see no problem with this, I would rather know when I am sick or there is something wrong with me ahead of time. The sooner you know the better and since I am in the military I would want to be at my peak performance levels, it could save my life one day.

If GPS were a part of this it would be even better, image looking for a kidnapped soldier or wounded one on the battlefield.

For Civilian life, I cannot believe I am saying this but I also would rather know when something is wrong ahead of time. If I am having a heart attack it can trigger a 911 response to save my life.

Now all they have to do is make it an option or individuals decision...then I see no problem with it...

Sniper

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thepainweaver

I think you make a lot of sense for tracking....if no one knew these existed outside of a few with access to that tracking.

Now that it's public.. Well.. Like i said before, make it where the enemy who cuts it out with a dull butter knife for their own protection for that same tracking doesn't kill the GI in the process. My fear is with how low tech and paranoid many of them are, just this much in the media could have them on a bloody squeegee hunt with nothing to find and no one to convince THEM of that. Good idea..in some areas? Wow... NOT a good idea in a war zone, IMO. Not implanted anyway. What goes in WILL come back out..

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

What sort of personal data do you envisage are going to be on a medical monitoring part?

The idenity of the person its in? There would have to be some transmission capability
also, otherwise what good is it?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why not? Would let them see where their troops are every second of every day.

Coming soon to civilian babies near you.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This isn't going to happen. Might as well send a tweet telling the enmey where your soldiers are positioned.

If they do this they will be setting our boys up to die.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I can certainly see it making its way to a certain set of workplaces,
and have also heard that those who work in classified projects at upper levels
have been "chipped". I dont know if the intent was to moniter health though,
more like tracking an asset.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AbZu777

Nice.
IEO Information Exploitation Office - DARPA

PTO deals with their cognitive AI projects.

"The large investments already present in nano-, info- and biotechnology should be coordinated and coupled with efforts in cognition. DARPA, NASA, NIH, and NSF already have major programs that seek to integrate nano-, bio- and info- research.”
wtec.org...

edit on 7-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AbZu777

Thanks for the video, was that meant to promote military cybernetics or was that video an attempt to scare the more rational of us? In which case it did not work. Bring this stuff on.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Whats scary about it?
That stuff in the video is good stuff, however its a little dated.

So are the quotes below. Imagine what they have now.

"The intent is to take brain signals (nanotechnology for augmented sensitivity and nonintrusive signal detection) and use them in a control strategy (information technology), and then impart back into the brain the sensation of feedback signals (biotechnology).”
wtec.org...

“The future requires a symbiosis of human and machine in a way that synergistically exploits the strengths of each. “
www.darpa.mil...

“Two of the critical issues for exoskeletons are power for actuation and biomechanical control integration.”
wtec.org...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

May I again inquire why you are so SURE this will be done in the future, and are you associated with any group who seeks to do this?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317

For Civilian life, I cannot believe I am saying this but I also would rather know when something is
wrong ahead of time. If I am having a heart attack it can trigger a 911 response to save my life.

Now all they have to do is make it an option or individuals decision...then I see no problem with it...

Sniper

It has been brought up in the thread, those in the military will have a choice?
Those who weighed in say No.

For the general public to not have an option, that would be totalitarian.

However going back to the military, I dont see that monitering for health is really
where this is, it may be the stated purpose, but the intent goes much further.

“We believe that, in the future, artificial cognitive systems will continually monitor, record, and assess a warfighter and his activities.”
www.darpa.mil...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
And this is just another reason why I will not join the U.S. Military.
I swear on my life I will NEVER allow someone to put a chip in me,No person has NO right to put something in our bodies. If they ever try to make it so we need a chip to buy food then it's time to go the way of our ancestors. I'll learn how to live off the land,hunt my own food. I've been doing a great deal of practice on this already.
Bottom line - These elitist control freaks can shove them chips in themselves if they want. They ain't getting me and they can bet their life on that

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

And again, I feel the need to say I think that this "chipping" is morally wrong!

it is very wrong

it is my extreme right of life to be able to hide

if only just to be alone.

Turning us into robots isnt the answer, those with the latest gadgets will get the work load, if its robots we subcontract, only he with the most robots will succeed.

Progress can be very ugly and also not solve the real problems of a society
edit on 7-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
They have been talking about chipping troops for a long time.

They were talking about ti when I was in and I got out in 2000....

Very scary stuff. I hope they never do this.

Young man, thank you for serving your country. I say young due to the year "2000" however please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm a little confused by the stance most people have on this issue. There are already cameras everywhere, including space that can zoom in to the most intricate details. Every device we use now, be it computer, phone, automobile, tracks you and can spy on you. Unless you only pay in cash or coin, all your purchases are tracked and logged. I'm truly surprised why people would NOT want to be given a chip. I can only imagine the comfort I would have had when I served, knowing that if I was to go down behind enemy lines my friends would know exactly where to find me, and how I was doing, or if I was even worth saving. (imminent fatality)

I understand and agree how we've been on a very slippery slope indeed for some time now when it comes to our rights and freedoms. However, it would be nice for elderly people who live alone, to know that if they were to experience a heart attack, a fall, etc that SOMEONE might be on the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join