It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Military Wants To 'Microchip' Troops

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Think about it, what are scan bars used for? To keep track of inventory, soldiers and people are not inventory, and those that seem to think they are need to get a grip on reality, People aren't going to put up with it.

I think your logic's a bit skewed. It's sort of like saying, what are needles used for, to play records, and I'm not a record.

Well, no, but needles are also used to draw blood. Only it's a different sort of needle.

In this case, it's not a bar code. It's not even really being used in any way like one. Yeah, it can be used to identify you if you're fubared. But in this case, it's used as a health monitor.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

soldiers are going to put up with whatever they are ordered to put up with. Civilians will get chipped from birth on up, pets are already chipped.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

soldiers are going to put up with whatever they are ordered to put up with. Civilians will get chipped from birth on up, pets are already chipped.

So what is your position? That we're gonna be chipped wether we like it or not? Your statement was very ominous.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Think about it, what are scan bars used for? To keep track of inventory, soldiers and people are not inventory, and those that seem to think they are need to get a grip on reality, People aren't going to put up with it.

I think your logic's a bit skewed. It's sort of like saying, what are needles used for, to play records, and I'm not a record.

Well, no, but needles are also used to draw blood. Only it's a different sort of needle.

In this case, it's not a bar code. It's not even really being used in any way like one. Yeah, it can be used to identify you if you're fubared. But in this case, it's used as a health monitor.

I understand the distiction you are making, and perhaps these particular "chips" have some value if the soldier VOLUNTAILY agrees to get one. I think I have already made it clear what my concerns are about other applications of chipping people may have.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
How can soldiers complain do they not read all the contracts they have to sign?
Or how about the soldiers who complain about the war there "MADE" to fight.
It was there choice to join and fight and to be used in experiments.

Lesson is, read the small print.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

This just seems silly. One does not need a chip to determine what is taking place in the body. You can do your research, go to a doctor, request full blood panels and tests on thyroid, mineral deficiencies, hormones, AC1, Cholesterol levels, etc.

I don't need a chip in my body to be an active participant in my health care.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

So what is your position? That we're gonna be chipped wether we like it or not? Your statement was very ominous.

If chipping really takes off for the public sector, then I can see it starting with newborns in hospitals. They will start to offer it to parents as an option, then later on it will become a law. But first, for this to be effective, they will have to make it illegal to homebirth so that all babies are chipped.

It's not going to take much to get the sheep to agree to go "baa" and line up for this. Look how people lined up for their H1N1. All they need to do is concoct a new recipe for fear and they're off and running.

Imagine though, being chipped and never having anonymity, sanctuary anywhere on this planet, and someone that you'll never meet in your life knowing everything about you and where you are every hour of the day.

Pretty damn scary if you ask me.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
reply to post by apoc36

This just seems silly. One does not need a chip to determine what is taking place in the body. You can do your research, go to a doctor, request full blood panels and tests on thyroid, mineral deficiencies, hormones, AC1, Cholesterol levels, etc.

I don't think it's really being pushed as a casual health care aid. On the other hand, if it could keep track of these things for you, then you could know what was going off the rails before it became acute. What's the difference between this and going to your doctor and getting a blood panel? The result's the same.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Imagine though, being chipped and never having anonymity, sanctuary anywhere on this planet, and someone that you'll never meet in your life knowing everything about you and where you are every hour of the day.

Pretty damn scary if you ask me.

Except it's not in any way true. Unless you carry around an interrogator strapped to your arm.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Jameela

Your right, its not a hoax.

Here is the full text: www1.legis.ga.gov...

between frickin microchips, The military issued Smartcards when I was in, in '97...with all those damn airgun shots in bootcamp which I had no idea what was in them....combined with the revelations of a military prison/guillotine in the state I live in....
~B.o.B Activated~
Guess I need to consider it

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Newborns will have it done regardless, it will become a requirement for most jobs and adults will have plenty of initiatives to get chipped as well, am I for it? Absolutely. can anybody stop it? No.

edit on 7-5-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 4 (a PS3 game from 2008), where by 2014 wars are being fought by PMCs whose soldiers are all injected with nanomachines to observe and control them.

It's really quite eerie how the MGS series has been spot on about a lot of things that are indeed happening today.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

reply to post by apoc36

All healthcare is moving towards integrated monitoring. Diabetics will be the first to get chipped.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I understand nanobots going in and fixing your cancer that would be ok with me but then either they die off or take them out. By no mean is all this leading up to anything good. Let's see here people hack the internet all the time we start getting all kinds of nano and chips in us who is to say we can't be hacked. Or some crazy people start cutting off your hand to steal your car no way for me. I know how people think and that is what they will do. I like my hands. The nano's could be a good thing for medical use for healing people I agree but we still have a long way to go to get to that point.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by joecool9887

In Terms of medical monitoring we have been there for a long time, very soon you will need to get chipped if you wish to receive healthcare, enter a hospital etc

Why are you so against it? Do you think the internet and your computer are evil as well?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

There is something very odd about your responses here. What makes you so SURE this will be done? Are you involved with a group that intends to do this?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
For those of you who think Obamacare includes the use of microchips:

False

I don't think it's going to pass review by SOCUS anyway (hopefully).
edit on 7-5-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

I don't think the internet is bad at all. It not drilled into my skin. These chips going into people's skin will have personal information on it you don't think people will try to rob you of that. I mean come on people break in to houses now what would be the difference. The only difference would be is a arm or leg or them cutting you open to steal your chip that would be my fear and should be everyone's fear people can be very violent when desperate.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by joecool9887

Yikes, never thought about it from that angle....I don't like these things one bit.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by joecool9887These chips going into people's skin will have personal information on it you don't think people will try to rob you of that.

No, they won't. Not this one anyway. And what casual thief do you think will be able to
a) find it
b) cut it out
c) read the data somehow?

What sort of personal data do you envisage are going to be on a medical monitoring part?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join