It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Anyone Interested: An UPDATE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My friend/"mother" was discharged from hospital on May 3rd on from hospital at 6:p.m. she met the home health care nurse on Friday, the home health care nurse, she came has 18 years experience in i.c.u. for the same health care system on Saturday at 11:30 am, looked at her medically speaking and called paramedics. She was in E.R. from 12 pm at 12:20am she managed to call me to let me know what's going on and at 3:15 am she finally got a room. She was admitted because of the following reasons, the TPTB at the hospital discharged her without checking to see if she was able to walk with or without a walker, giving her a bunch of perscriptions she couldn't financially pay for, and she had a lung infection. Thanks for your participation in this and no, its not the U.K. this U.S.A

Please continue in participations and feel free to comment. Thanks everyone.
edit on 6-5-2012 by

1loserel2 because: add and correct

edit on 6-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change and typo

edit on 6-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm thinking she was probably uninsured. Horrible to be treated like that regardless.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thank you for the update OP. Hard thing getting old, let alone getting old alone, she is Blessed to have you. Will continue to keep you both in thoughts and prayers. Blessings.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. I is hard getting old. I don't think I'll have anyone for myself later on in years, but then you never know. I'm just glad that I can help her as much as I can. She really is when feeling in the pink a warm, kind hearted person.
Her husband was the extrovert, and would literally have given you the shirt off his back, if he thought it would help you, big softie that he was. I tend to be somewhat reserved around new people, this site is helping me to I am better at writing, until I get to know them self-conscious I guess, but am getting better, she's fine once you get to know her, but at first somewhat reserved. So, we have that in common.
I'm learning there's still nice people out there in this harsh world.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I have an older friend whose husband was the star, but she adjusted and now she is a star in her own right. She is in her 90's and can run circles around me. lol She moved to be closer to her daughter, and I miss her all the time. Older people make great friends if your open to the experience.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I agree with you. Older people tend to accept you for what and who you are and are more forgiving, at least its been my experience.

My friend's great aunt came here to visit us in our small apartment last year, she is 93 years old and went to Panama on a cruise with her live- in "boy" friend. She can run rings around me also. My grandmother who lived to be 92 used to always say your only as old as you feel.

new topics

top topics

join