It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory And Killer's Remorse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Wise Nations Do Not Exult In Military Conquests,
An Eye for an Eye Makes the Whole World Blind,
veterans groups like the National Gulf War Veterans Resource Center have noted a rise in post-traumatic-stress disorders (PTSD) among former combatantseterans groups like the National Gulf War

Veterans Resource Center have noted a rise in post-traumatic-stress disorders (PTSD) among former combatants,
Killers' remorse : www.tompaine.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
www.tompaine.com...[/url]

Though not pleasant, the term seems accurate. I've felt the recent killing deeply. It has hung like a shadow around me. It was done in my name and with my tax dollars. It was the dead children, women, peasant boys and elders whom I felt the most. I didn't need to see them on TV or in the newspapers to know we were killing them. And I'm not alone with these feelings.

"This killer's remorse is killing me," said Pat Calhoun of Santa Rosa, Calif., the father of a Marine currently in Iraq, in a recent e-mail. "When I see so many fellow citizens of the U.S.A. fail to comprehend that compassion for the dead, wounded and bereaved Iraqis -- civilians and soldiers -- would be appropriate, I shoulder more of the load myself."

The proper personal and societal response to war should involve remorse and reflection. Remorse involves being accountable and acting responsibly. Denial, in contrast, insulates us from the pain and suffering of others. But denial has characterized America's response to this war. There are certain things our culture just does not want to see, hear or feel.

Look nans, in a few days the reply of the americans that think that this article is crap, i'll just flip because it shows that they don't want to get it, they don't want to see hear or feel it

Hope people one day will realize what kind of world we live in, and that we are not enemies, the elitist that are separating us are also the same giving orders to war, and putting those marines in another country, give reasons in their manipulated media, and go...

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It's not only a syndrom that uhurt Gulfs soldiers but also Vietnams veterans and other wars "victim".

I say that nobody has never won a war because when a war strat, it's still loose.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
It's not only a syndrom that uhurt Gulfs soldiers but also Vietnams veterans and other wars "victim".

I say that nobody has never won a war because when a war strat, it's still loose.

And i still agree with you,
Gulf war has also another types of syndroms:

www.ushostnet.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 05:54 AM
link   

------------------------------

[Edited on 19-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I agree, it's interesting to see that the circle of victims of a war also encompasses the victors

top topics

join