It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection,...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Another questions

How do you make sure you get into your lucid dream instead of astral projection after sleep paralysis?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Probably all of my dreams are lucid. I know my inner thoughts while dreaming & can decide what actions I want to take in he dream enviornment that "i did not necessarily fathom intentionally" where as before, years before, I would just be watching myself interact with the dream like a movie, with no control at all. All my dreams are first person just like real life. If something goes wrong, like for example today's dream- I was cleaning a strangers room(an imaginary boyfriend for my cousin) and was showing him all these nice things, everything was mostly good, then lady gaga came on the radio and the dude started throwing bugs at me, i didn't like that so I woke up. I'm sure I ended up just leaving the house after that.

Dreaming for me, is much fun. Haven't had a nightmare in at least a year. I can't control what the scene is in the dream, or who is there or who I'll meet, but it's fun to still be involved in it. Awake but asleep.

As for sleep paraylisis, idk I got over it. You've got to focus on the dream scene and not be so surprised to find your consciousness aware. Took a few times, best way to start is stop worrying about being paralyzed. Focus on wanting to influence your dreams and think that you want to do what you want to do when you go there.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

Wow that seems amazing o:
Do you think overcoming your worst fear (sleep paralysis) is worth for lucid dreaming?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

Heck yeah I do! I used to have bad experiences with sleep paralysis in the beginning. I'd see monsters, weird demon girls in Chinese masks, black figures, someone trying to pull me off the bed, and I'd freak out cause it looked real but I couldn't move. I suppose there are many ways to overcoming the fear but it is worth it to be able to influence the direction of your dreams and do what you want to do with more freedom than ever before. My second lucid dream ever, I was watching people race mini coopers while at a training compound. I thought to myself-while dreaming "# I want to drive one too", and I'm not lying to y'all, I got to get into one and go on the track, and mind you this track was not like a normal track at all, it was like its own lil "stage/level" like in most video games. It was majestic.

Let go of the fear, there is a surprise waiting.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

Omg stuff like that makes me wanna lucid dream xD.
I get easily scared. I'm so afraid of demons, aliens,..
So I will probably imagine stuff like that while having sleep paralysis.
What's the best way to deal with them?
You can't move but you can close your eyes right?
I would just try to stay calm, think it's all in my head.
Try to focus on my lucid dream and just imagine a bright white light all around me and that nothing can harm me.
Would that do the job?;D

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm actually rather REALLY interested in this subject now because of last night. I don't know what to classify my "dream" as because it's either Lucid Dreaming or Astral Projecting.

In my dream, I got into a fight with my Mom and her boyfriend and he ended up stabbing me with 2 syringes and injecting what looks to be like black liquid. My Mom started yelling at him, all the while I felt like I was dying and that was when I finally woke up out of my dream and realiazed I wasn't dreaming anymore. I took action, and started choking her boyfriend and I wasn't even dying anymore after I realized I was dreaming.

Realizing I was in my dream I started to think about Astral Projecting. I wanted to see if I was in the Astral plane or not and since I was home during that fight with my Moms boyfriend I decided to go upstairs to see if I was still sleeping. So, I go upstairs and I saw a dark shadow like figure on the bed as if someone was lying there. I saw my dog on the bed, which was also the exact position my dog was in at the time. Then I just stood there at the door way, just staring at my shadow figure then all of a sudden I could hear myself breathing while sleeping. So, I thought okay that's got to be me and I started having fun.

I can't believe how vivid it really was, and how life like it felt. First thing I did was try to fly, lmao. I failed the first two times then I actually got serious about it and I took off flying. Amazing, really. I can't remember a lot of what happened, but I remember meeting a guy and I was talking to him about Astral projecting and I think I scared him when I told him this is where we were and for some reason he looked as if he was afraid? I think I mentioned something about not waking up if you get lost in the astral world? I went on to explain to him about this astral world, and even showed him that I could fly and when I did, I took off at a speed so fast I can't even describe it and I ended up trying to chase after a plane that went by. And this is where it got crazy, as I was chasing after this plane it went by a building but for some reason I couldn't control it and went through the building, through the walls and all of a sudden I started visually spinning out of control and I tried so hard to wake up from that but couldn't and it took maybe it felt like 5 minutes trying to wake up out of it before I finally did.

I mean, it was so freaking amazing. And this has got one of the few dreams I actually had where I could take complete control over myself and realized that I was in the astral plane. I even had a fight with someone and it seemed so powerful, like Matrix style when Neo fights. Like when I blocked a kick, it felt so powerful and I cannot even explain it.

It's was amazing. I've had many lucid dreams before, but not like last night where I was able to take full control over myself and realize I was dreaming. My only problem is, was I really just lucid dreaming or was I in the astral plane? For almost 2 months now I've been trying to Astral Project, and trying to take control of my lucid dreams and now that I finally did I'm asking myself what really happened last night? Was it lucid dreaming? OR was it really astral projecting? Or are they both, simply the same thing.

Thanks for reading my experience
Any advice regarding anything about what I've experienced or questions I asked would be appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join