It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposedly HIV cure has been found!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I know there has been many of these over the years but maybe, just maybe, this one is legit. A nigerian doctor claims to have cured 20 HIV positive patients, and vaccinated a further 300, who (as far as he knows) have not contracted the infection. He has tested the vaccine on himself, then injected himself with HIV, and says he has not contracted it.
Who knows, this may be the answer to so many's prayers!

heres the link:
www.ananova.com... ceanddiscovery

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

interesting

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hmm, i think im more inclined to think that a simple vaccine from already infected blood wouldn't be possible because of the complexity of the infection. I rekon that a more likely answer could be found from those people they discovered to be born immune to it.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Heh, a vaccine or cure for AIDS/HIV is a daydream, and nothing more. The top crop of medical companies will never stand for a cure to come to light. It really is true that its more profitable to treat than to cure a disease. The loss of the drug-cocktail market for AIDS patients would be a huge blow to the companies, and definatley to the pockets of the executives.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Let's all pray this is it!

That disease is killing millions a year!

God Bless this Dr. !

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Heh, a vaccine or cure for AIDS/HIV is a daydream, and nothing more. The top crop of medical companies will never stand for a cure to come to light. It really is true that its more profitable to treat than to cure a disease. The loss of the drug-cocktail market for AIDS patients would be a huge blow to the companies, and definatley to the pockets of the executives.

possibly, i think the vast majority of AIDS/HIV sufferers are in very poor countries where contraception isn't widely used. And there because people don't have much money, they can't afford to give money to these companies for the treatment. Plus, the company that markets the vaccine/cure could go to these countries and solve the AIDS/HIV problem for these people for good, and what would that do for their public view? Put it this way, everyone in the world would LOVE them, they would forever be known as the company that solved one of the worlds biggest problems, a saviour of humanity! I think that would be more valuable than the profits of selling cocktails of drugs to a minority of people who, lets face it, don't have an enourmous ammount of time to live.

Then again, i have no idea what kind of profits these companies are making, it could be billions.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The chance that an unfunded, independent physician in Nigeria has come up with a way to thwart one of the most baffling infectious agents on earth is highly unlikely. I call fraud.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have to agree with apw100. Nigeria? I mean where would he find the equipment and apparatus neede for such a feat? trash I say.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
would be a huge blow to the companies,

It's sick, the price of medicine, as the psycadelic furs said. How can anyone run a drug company and not have a conflict of interest? The more effective your product is, the less money you will make. Do they really want to cure anyone?

I'm sure that many cures could have been supressed by this huge industry.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's usually the unfunded, independant people that come with the biggest discoveries. Look at Tesla, Einstein and Edison. When they made their greatest discoveries they were still independant. Telsa was funded later on.

But anyway, back on topic. I really hope this is true, but of course there has to be peer review of this, and hopefully the pharmaceutical industry doesn't boycot this. Because they make lots and lots of cash of AIDS like said above.

EDIT: But for now, there is only one thing we can do........................... Cross our fingers and hope that this is true!!!

[edit on 29-9-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have to disagree with you guys. Most of the worlds AIDS sufferers are in Africa (where I live) and I'm damn sure we dont have enough cash to buy all these fancy pancy prevention treatments you guys talk of.
They get AIDS and roughly 8 years later they die. Thats it.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It's usually the unfunded, independant people that come with the biggest discoveries. Look at Tesla, Einstein and Edison. When they made their greatest discoveries they were still independant. Telsa was funded later on.

But anyway, back on topic. I really hope this is true, but of course there has to be peer review of this, and hopefully the pharmaceutical industry doesn't boycot this. Because they make lots and lots of cash of AIDS like said above.

EDIT: But for now, there is only one thing we can do........................... Cross our fingers and hope that this is true!!!

[edit on 29-9-2004 by TheBandit795]

I understand where you are coming from, but the people and achievements you mention are a little different. Einstein, Tesla and Edison didnt need to observe and physically manipulate a delicate and infectious organism. Developing a vaccine or other cure for a virus takes far more manpower, equipment, knowledge and money than was nessicery to create the radio or lightbulb. In Einsteins case, almost everything he did was theoretical, not practical , and could be achieved using only his mind and a pen and paper.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracona
I have to disagree with you guys. Most of the worlds AIDS sufferers are in Africa (where I live) and I'm damn sure we dont have enough cash to buy all these fancy pancy prevention treatments you guys talk of.
They get AIDS and roughly 8 years later they die. Thats it.

Yeah thats what I said.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this is related at all to the HIV-O virus which does NOT show up on standard HIV tests. Progresses VERY fast, and kills quicker than the strains we're familiar with. It's found primarily in Saharan Africa with Nigeria being one of the countries with it. Blood centers won't even take donations from people who have been there long enough to be a high risk of infection or have sex with a local - too risky as they will show up negative for HIV-O even if infected. Luckily for us, there are other protections in place to prevent that blood from entering the supply.

So this guy has a miracle cure because people test negative, but are they dead 2 years later of a mystery disease? Hey they can't possibly have HIV if they test negative, right?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by superduperman
I know there has been many of these over the years but maybe, just maybe, this one is legit. A nigerian doctor claims to have cured 20 HIV positive patients, and vaccinated a further 300, who (as far as he knows) have not contracted the infection. He has tested the vaccine on himself, then injected himself with HIV, and says he has not contracted it.
Who knows, this may be the answer to so many's prayers!

heres the link:
www.ananova.com... ceanddiscovery

HIV doesn't cause AIDS anyway.. sooo... it's not exactly surprising that someone who's innoculated against HIV isn't going to develop symptoms..

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

HIV doesn't cause AIDS anyway.. sooo... it's not exactly surprising that someone who's innoculated against HIV isn't going to develop symptoms..

You sound very sure of that. Unfortunately, no reputable scientist or physician in the world shares your opinion on the matter. Oh, if your so sure, why dont you inject yourself with some HIV infected blood to prove it? I bet you will be whistling a different tune in a few years when you develop Karposi's sarcoma, pneumonia or toxic plasmosis...

[edit on 31-10-2004 by apw100]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mongoose

its people like you who go get infected then go spreading it around and giveing all the other pos people a bad rap causeing the stigma and fear.

and dont bother posting liks to them denyalists websites because there are websites that have information that prove the contrary like this,

www.niaid.nih.gov...

[edit on 31-10-2004 by noctu]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by noctu

Originally posted by mongoose

its people like you who go get infected then go spreading it around and giveing all the other pos people a bad rap causeing the stigma and fear.

and dont bother posting liks to them denyalists websites because there are websites that have information that prove the contrary like this,

www.niaid.nih.gov...

[edit on 31-10-2004 by noctu]

Of course NIH is going to have all kinds of (false) mumbo-jumbo about how HIV causes AIDS.. they're the ones making all the money off it!!

The correct spelling for the disorder, btw, is AID$

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracona
I have to agree with apw100. Nigeria? I mean where would he find the equipment and apparatus neede for such a feat? trash I say.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of great doctors that come from Nigeria and they have decent equipment

www.ajol.info...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by apw100

You sound very sure of that. Unfortunately, no reputable scientist or physician in the world shares your opinion on the matter. Oh, if your so sure, why dont you inject yourself with some HIV infected blood to prove it? I bet you will be whistling a different tune in a few years when you develop Karposi's sarcoma, pneumonia or toxic plasmosis...

[edit on 31-10-2004 by apw100]

I believe there was a doctor by the name of Willner who injected himself w/ HIV a couple years ago.. you can see how he's doing .

You can also read this book:

What if Everything you thought you knew about AIDS was wrong?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join