It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which SUPERPOWER would you choose!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Ok friends. The nerd question of the day. Given your choice, which of the following superpowers would you choose and why?

1) Flight (limit to Mach 1 and 50K feet)
2) Invisibility (Can turn on and off at will and includes any clothing worn)
3) Strength (Can lift up to 100 tons)
4) Invinsibility (Up to direct hit from SABO tank round)
5) Healing Factor (Wolverine level healing factor)
6) Telekenisis (Can lift and move up to 5 tons at a distance up to 1 mile)
7) Telepathic (Can communicate with any mind anywhere in the world, can influence "weak" minds)
8) Teleport (Can "jump" to any locale in the world instantly)

So, which one would you choose? If there's something I didn't list you want to throw in there...do so. Peace...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Invisibility, because I'm a pervert.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Karl Pilkington had the best idea: Bull# man.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
U left out the shrink/grow superpower

I just wanna be Batman is that too much to ask for..

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

number 9 which controlls them all above .....

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by BBobb

Ha! Cheat! You're the guy that if you rubbed the lamp and got the 3 wishes would wish for a billion more wishes....

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Take a guess. It's really hard.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
None of those. If I could have a superpower I would want to be able to manipulate particles at an atomic and subatomic level. I could do anything. Create, destroy, take apart, put back in, convert from - to, etc... you name it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I want the power that allows me to take your power and add it to mine. If not that, then Telepathy with the ability to control others. Oh PTB, come out to plaaaay.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Kind of like a power leech?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by BBobb

Ha! Cheat! You're the guy that if you rubbed the lamp and got the 3 wishes would wish for a billion more wishes....

but i would not need a billion wishes ..

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

The rule is 'no wishing for more wishes' but there's nothing about wishing for more genies

I'd take 'invisibility' coz I'm a big lurker and stalker, but not the dangerous type

Oh imagine the mischief I could get up to!!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Teleport or flight

Because at one point in time, we all wanted to be Goku

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think I'll choose teleport and start by trying to teleport a half-cut off fingernail to the other side of the room and then back again. I mean, if I can teleport it off me I think I might be able to teleport other things that aren't really me but near me or touching me without actually moving.

If I can't well then as someone who can teleport I think I'll be part of a hostage negotiation team, someone who can get into that kind of sticky situation and get out again. Teleport behind a ringleader and grab the gun to point it away from the hostage, or keep the button pressed on a 'dead mans switch'.

I'd have to be able to use my powers for good, in the pubic light. I wouldn't be able to save everyone and my fans would have to be kept away as to not interfere with the ability (don't want to accidentally phase myself into someone elses arms) and I'll also have to try and see if there are others like me.

If it's a genetic predisposition to the power and not something that happened by accident then I think it could be replicated with retroviral therapy, I might be able to help lead a team of teleportation people, it would be kind of scary because of the fact it might trigger certain mental unstabilities in other people (now you see them now you don't!) and anyone we choose to be a teleportee might use the ability for selfish reasons or be indifferent to the consequences of their actions.

I think I'd actually like to use it to further the space program, though I don't know if I can teleport through vacuum?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Kind of like a power leech?
Nah, who was the character in Heroes that stole everybody else's powers? Or just be like Peter used to be in heroes and duplicate everybody's powers permanently.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
From the list, I'd go with telepathy. Then I could do jedi mind tricks on people, and that would be a hoot.

Get caught speeding:
Me: "Um, no Mr. Officer, I wasn't speeding."
Cop: "Oh, sorry to have pulled you over, sir. You weren't speeding."

Need a new car, house, heck, any purchase.

Me: "I already paid you."
Whomever: "Oh, looks like you already paid me."

Sure, it would catch up to me evidently, but then I'd just Obi-Wan em'

Me: "I'm not the one you're looking for."
Whomever: "Sorry sir, case of mistaken identity, you're not the one we're looking for."

That being said, I would love ol' Magneto's power to manipulate the magnetic field. It's potential is just about (if not) limitless.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Unstable regenerative ability implanted by an experimental Canadian government agency. Coupled with my near superhuman agility and marksmanship, I'm one hell of a merc. But I'm pretty sure I would be clinically insane.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Definitely telekinesis. Can do more things with that power than anything else.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think flight.. If I have flight I don't need teleportation, it would be awful lot of fun to fly around the world.
Also I think invisibility is second on my list.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The superpower I most covet is not on your list. I want the ability to make stupidity painful. Like every dolt within five hundred yards of me would simply double over in agony, unable to do anything at all except scream and writhe.

Then I'd go hang out in Congress and laugh... oh how I'd point and laugh.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join