It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS4 and Xbox 720

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by baraka

Why not???

some people buy cheap used systems for parts, so you can fix it yourself, it's basically a computer,

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
First - Broken disk drive, out of warranty, bought another for £80
Second - Started showing signs of an overheating error bought third then sold the second
Third - I messed up a mod so I lent it to my sisters,then they broke the hdmi port
Fourth - Bought fourth to mod
Fifth - Bought secondhand to use live,it's now just in pieces due to an E74 error, basically an overheating error, I hear the fix I'm doing is only temporary,so haven't been inspired to finish it off, I've resorted to using my PS3 for online play, which none of my friends play on really

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by SpaceBoy97

I have suspisions the PS4 could be built around ARM architecture. It seems a logical choice for a low power cool running system which still has the grunt to perform. It would also make cross programming with the Vita easier, that being an ARM device.

Both will be smaller than ther current incarnations ans will most likely cost less at launch. I can see Microsoft going more down a PC architecture route again. Maybe utilizing intels new mobile platform alongside a sperate GPU. I suspect the next Xbox will be kinect ready out of the box.

Both machines will not be a quantum leap in tech stakes. More of a stop gap measure as they will be obselete compared to PC hardware as soon as they are released. Sadly companies just don't have money to throw at long term research and development any longer.
edit on 6/5/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

If Microsoft and Sony made counsels that could have interchangeable hardware then it might have a chance against PC. Its not like the technologist does not exist. They could make allot of money, making you buy the counsel and then upgrade to next "best" hardware. I hope they are not planing on using the next counsel as long as they did for ps3 and 360. It only sets games back.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
PS4 will have superior hardware just like the PS3 did over the Xbox360, technically it was better in every way possible..... Let's see interchangeable hard drives, blu ray player, free online service, controllers that didn't require batteries, multiple multimedia ports, internet browser, wifi enable from the get go.... The price point is the only thing that held that system back.....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
We may also be seeing some other contenders for the next generation, they're also strong rumours of valves steam box as well, which I imagine will be very much like the current onlive service, not to be confused with the microsoft live service,

Here's a review of the hardware and service showing how the player can demo,spectate and play games within the cloud

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wish the new xbox OS was able to be installed onto PC hardware. Then the hardware is upgradable as you could build your own xbox with components you choose.
Here was a replacement case that came out a while back
www.xoxide.com...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

That just really hits home how many accessories,addon's and mods that are available for the 360

I think the only problem if you start allowing users to chop and change what bits they can use and start treating it like a PC then your going to run into compatibility issues and installation hassle, remember the appeal to most console users is the ability to simply turn it on and it's ready to go

top topics

<< 1   >>

join