It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS4 and Xbox 720

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
What features would you guys like to see in the upcoming consoles

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
A lava lamp would be pretty cool
we all know they definitely get hot enough to power one

I remember seeing a design for the original xbox that hinted at having a lava lamp in the middle of the console, and I guess that image has always just stuck with me

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Me and my daughter was talking last night, she loves these skylanders with a portal thingy that takes the figure and digitizes it on the game.

I told her watch, in the future they'll have platforms with special shoes or gear to be able to produce a digital you in a game. that would be awesome yet scary lol.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
Me and my daughter was talking last night, she loves these skylanders with a portal thingy that takes the figure and digitizes it on the game.

I told her watch, in the future they'll have platforms with special shoes or gear to be able to produce a digital you in a game. that would be awesome yet scary lol.

I don't think you'll have to wear anything, look at kinect.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoy97

I have suspisions the PS4 could be built around ARM architecture. It seems a logical choice for a low power cool running system which still has the grunt to perform. It would also make cross programming with the Vita easier, that being an ARM device.

Both will be smaller than ther current incarnations ans will most likely cost less at launch. I can see Microsoft going more down a PC architecture route again. Maybe utilizing intels new mobile platform alongside a sperate GPU. I suspect the next Xbox will be kinect ready out of the box.

Both machines will not be a quantum leap in tech stakes. More of a stop gap measure as they will be obselete compared to PC hardware as soon as they are released. Sadly companies just don't have money to throw at long term research and development any longer.
edit on 6/5/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

You could be making a bed for yourself with statements like that.
Imagine if Microsoft came out with a Dorothy's Ruby Slippers from The Wizard of Oz extension. 200 dollars worth or sparkly red plastic and electronics going Click-Click-Click all day long. Or maybe a My Little Pony Electronic Grooming Set? Stroke and groom the Pony in the right way and it neighs with pleasure and does a song and a dance!
All round your living room in glorious 3d hologram style with ear-shattering surround sound and the optional Force-Feedback will bring a new dimension to those pony hooves....

edit on 6/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

edit on 6/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
on xbox i wish a built in kinect with more enhancements,
less noisy,
ohhh and one simple thing... Built in XBMC for a good entertainment , not that microsoft media center extender crap!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

You could be making a bed for yourself with statements like that.
Imagine if Microsoft came out with a Dorothy's Ruby Slippers from The Wizard of Oz extension. 200 dollars worth or sparkly red plastic and electronics going Click-Click-Click all day long. Or maybe a My Little Pony Electronic Grooming Set? Stroke and groom the Pony in the right way and it neighs with pleasure and does a song and a dance!
All round your living room in glorious 3d hologram style with ear-shattering surround sound and the optional Force-Feedback will bring a new dimension to those pony hooves....

edit on 6/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

that would be epic

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They could make an eject button for the mother board so it will be easier and cheaper to upgrade to ps5 someday.
Oh and taking out the yellow light of death feature like my current ps3 has, its nice when electronics work afterall.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Personally I don't think they will be smaller than they're current counterparts, I reckon they will probably be about the same size just a slight different shape, for two reasons

The first being if we look at the last two generations of consoles back to the psx days, to my knowledge this was when the initial trend was introduced of selling the base model then releasing a slimmed down version a few years later, so for that reason alone I'm not expecting to see that much of a reduction in console size at launch

The second reason is there's been no major shift in a storage medium, unless they're going to be bringing back cartridges for the next generation were most likely going to be using some form of disc again, and just for the fact of having to build an architecture around a disk drive along with all the other components like heat sinks and such I don't think were going to see anything that appears radically different, I know there's been talk of cloud storage for games but I really don't think they'll go down this route.

I'm personally thinking of going pc next generation aka when I can afford it, I'll probably get them both eventually though

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Allis1

That's why I said ARM for the new PlayStation at least. By going down that route they would need less cooling reducing the need for heat sinks. Also we can expect both to be sporting a blue ray drive, which these days can be made much slimmer than they used to be. I'm expecting something between the size of the existing wii and the Xbox 360.

PC gaming can be expensive to keep up to date. I keep a gaming rig on the go but when it comes to consoles I can't help myself. I'll have to buy them both.

Its the child coming out in me. I need my new toys
my wife goes mad, I should have grown out of it by now
edit on 6/5/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Definitely NOT an anti-used game system

I hope those rumours are false...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Haha my dad was shocked to hear I had two xboxes, I thought I better not tell him about the third one then, or the PS3

PC gaming can be expensive to keep up to date. I keep a gaming rig on the go but when it comes to consoles I can't help myself. I'll have to buy them both.

Yeah my friend was saying this yesterday, but I'm just thinking about the amount of money I've put into my xboxes I'm like on my 5th xbox (playing mass effect 3 atm
) plus with the amount I've paid for accessories and other services, I don't mind maybe putting that money into a system that I can keep on the bleeding edge of graphical advancement

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Definitely NOT an anti-used game system

I hope those rumours are false...

Me neither games as well, me as long as I can remember being a gamer, I would wait till the craze was over. I wait about a year or so when these new systems come out, they most of the time have bugs or heating issues, PS3 would smoke cause of the blue ray (I think) and they don't give you a loner system lol. and giving it that time there will be a bigger selection of games.

I just bought L.A Noire and a few other mind gore games, love puzzle games lol

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

what about the graphics. will we see any big improvements?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Water cooled. More unique games. Built in IPad on the top. The destruction of halo. Weaponry you can use rather than a controller. and lots more stuff.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I think lightspeeddriver hit pretty close to what I think gaming will go to in time, 3D interacting realities,

just need the hologram device, load simulation, Scan yourself, and now you have a 3D environment that well the possibilities would be endless.

Sounds far fetched or does it? lol

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yep, Smell-O-Vision. You too, soon, will be loving the smell of napalm (or roasted zombies, possibly) before breakfast.

Rumours seem to be that they are dumping the IBM Cell CPU and moving to more mainstream AMD/ATI tech. Apparently the slimline PS3 console was also a bid to use less power as the PS3 draws the most of any console. With a good GPU/CPU combo they could possibly reduce power usage even more and by using a more well-known architecture they may cut development costs too.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Get it while its hot

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Allis1

sorry if im going off topic here, but why 5 xboxes?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join