It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What are your theories on what it is

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Do you mean dark matter?

World-renowned physicists can't even agree on what it is so I doubt you're going to find the answer here...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

just looking for theories. not answers. and yes i am talking about dark matter. i getconfused with all the names and things like that

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If I remember correctly dark matter is found inside Ur lcd screen just tilt it and u can see it

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

hardi har har mate

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
No one will have a good plausible theory because there is so much we (Humans) simply don't understand.

Same goes for dark matter.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoy97

Dark energy would appear to exist too, theoretically anyway.
ETA Estimated distribution of dark matter making up 22% of the mass of the universe and dark energy making up 74%, with 'normal' matter making up only 0.4% of the mass of the universe.

edit on 6/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 6/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Dark energy is the long- and short-range energy fields responsible for the interactions between shadow matter, the second form of matter predicted by E8xE8' heterotic superstring theory. These gauge fields of E8' are analogous to the U(1)xSU2)xSU(3) gauge fields established in the Standard Model, which describes the interactions between superstrings of ordinary matter. These dark energy fields exist in the shadow matter universe, the 10-d space-time sheet that physicists Horavia and Witten proved is parallel to the 10-d space-time sheet embedding ordinary superstrings and which is separated from it by a narrow gap along the 11th dimension predicted by M-theory (a 1-d segment in the case of E8xE8 and a circular dimension for SO(32)).

It is often written that physicists regard dark energy as a complete mystery. What is really meant is that little is known about its properties because it has never been detected in the high-energy physics lab. One form of shadow matter energy is what has been known for hundreds of years in the East as chi, qi or prana. Shadow matter is what has been called "etheric matter," and shadow energy includes the counterpart of electromagnetic energy. You see, there are TWO universes predicted by E8xE8 heterotic superstring theory, and the shadow matter universe is invisible because no ordinary superstrings (including their energy quanta, e.g., photons) can pass across the dimensional gap between the two 10-d space-time sheets. It still couples, however, to ordinary matter gravitationally.

You may be interested to learn that this physics has been proven to be encoded in various sacred geometries of religions because they have been shown in recent years to be isomorphic blueprints governing the nature of space-time and matter. The pioneering research that has led to this conclusion can be found here

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

whoa. teenager terms mate. im not into all the equations

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoy97

Here is a nice link I found the other day:
scienceblogs.com ...

The blogger is an astrophysicist and teacher. He's got a Ph.D. in theoretical cosmology.

What I understand is too basic. Somehow, it patches their equations and observations to eliminate the glaring inconsistencies. As a layman, I do not have a full appreciation for all of the details. It's those details that make them so sure that dark matter and dark energy exist. That's why they search for it. People on the outside do not have this knowledge and make a broad generalized judgment that this "bandage fix" is somehow based on pride and/or prejudice. But it's far more than a bandage fix, and this is why people on the outside don't get it. It's too complicated for most people.

So I try to keep judgments I have restrained and remind myself that I'm one of those people.

There're more inconsistencies on the small scale than on the large scale for DE/DM. When we look at the ability of this theory to predict, we have to look at the small scale. But even then, it doesn't disprove the theory of DE/DM. If anything, they just make adjustments to the theory and the models. We have to keep in mind they don't make these adjustments lightly. This goes back to my first paragraph. There's a large gap between layman and hardcore science people that makes this slow to translate. More importantly, a layman has no accountability. A layman isn't expected to be RIGHT.

That's the greatest danger. The power of the layman to hijack reality. Scientists have to be respected not freely but because of the time they invest in their work. They have more knowledge.
edit on 6-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join