It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warping Space, Time, and Distance

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If you were able to place an object of the same or even lessor mass of the Planet Neptune at a point in it's orbit around our Sun. This object would begin to accelerate towards the Sun until it fell into it. That is a FACT.

The only reason why the Planets stay in orbit is because they were caught in the Suns Gravity well at a Right Angular Movement away from the Sun that was of a Velocity that was not grat enough to escape the suns gravitational effect thus they orbit.

If the Planets were traveling faster that a certain speed and encountered this orbit such as what happens when a Comet that is traveling at much higher speeds than a Planetary Body passes by the Sun it is temporarily caught then shoots out in a extemely distant eliptical orbit but either eventually returns or continues into interstellar space. Split Infinity

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Seeing as I made the title of Space, Time, and Distance, I can still ask an off-topic question that adheres to the title, so:

We dream about one day travelling to other galaxies, but if the light we see from these galaxies has taken millions of years to get here, doesn't that mean those galaxies are no longer there? If all the light from these long ago galaxies could be filtered out, would our night sky be a blank black screen (except of course the light from our own galaxy)?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We know how fast these galaxies are moving away from us, based on how much the light from them has been redshifted. Therefore, we can tell how far away they are now...and, anyway, the closer we got to a distant galaxy, the closer we'd be getting to the light source, to the closer we'd be getting to the actual galaxy. Like hearing someone yell from a mile away...the sound takes longer to get to you the further you are away, but, as you get closer, the gap between them yelling and the sound reaching you gets shorter and shorter until you reach them and you hear them yell at the same time they actually do it. It works the same way with light.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Im sorry to get off topic again, but you mentioned your translations of genesis ( i personally think genesis is a pretty cool writing) do you think when this thread drifts off topic again you can speak about that? your interpretation of genesis and how it relates to what we were speaking of.
edit on 10-5-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Certainly (if the OP doesn't mind)...what would you like me to speak about it about?

ETA: it was just interesting to me that we were talking about the origins and formation of the fundamentals of the universe, and Genesis, of course, is a description of that.
edit on 10-5-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by jiggerj

If you were able to place an object of the same or even lessor mass of the Planet Neptune at a point in it's orbit around our Sun. This object would begin to accelerate towards the Sun until it fell into it. That is a FACT.

The only reason why the Planets stay in orbit is because they were caught in the Suns Gravity well at a Right Angular Movement away from the Sun that was of a Velocity that was not grat enough to escape the suns gravitational effect thus they orbit.

If the Planets were traveling faster that a certain speed and encountered this orbit such as what happens when a Comet that is traveling at much higher speeds than a Planetary Body passes by the Sun it is temporarily caught then shoots out in a extemely distant eliptical orbit but either eventually returns or continues into interstellar space. Split Infinity

We talk about gravity being weak, then we say the sun's gravity is powerful enough to hold planets in orbit billions of miles away, and now I'm going to ask another stupid question. lol If the sun's gravity is that strong, how come it doesn't rip the moons from their planets? We're the third planet, with a moon, and yet way out there the sun is firmly holding MASSIVE planets in place. How can this be? How can earth's gravity holding the moon compare to the sun's?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by CLPrime

Im sorry to get off topic again, but you mentioned your translations of genesis ( i personally think genesis is a pretty cool writing) do you think when this thread drifts off topic again you can speak about that? your interpretation of genesis and how it relates to what we were speaking of.
edit on 10-5-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

This is my thread and I'm tellin' the ATS moderators to leave us alone! lol I'm not discussing a topic here; I'm having a conversation with some pretty sharp minds and I don't want to lose them.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The simplest I can make the answer is this: the Moon is orbiting around the Sun just like the Earth is. Think about it...the Moon and the Earth are at the same distance. Therefore, they exist in the same orbit. The fact that the Moon is also in orbit around the Earth is incidental...it didn't have to be, it just happens to be, just like every other Moon in the solar system.

There are so many Moons in the Solar System because, as the less massive objects share an orbit with the more massive objects, the less massive objects have two options: either impact the more massive object or enter into an orbit around it. Most often, they impact...but some do enter into orbit.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by jiggerj

We talk about gravity being weak, then we say the sun's gravity is powerful enough to hold planets in orbit billions of miles away, and now I'm going to ask another stupid question. lol If the sun's gravity is that strong, how come it doesn't rip the moons from their planets? We're the third planet, with a moon, and yet way out there the sun is firmly holding MASSIVE planets in place. How can this be? How can earth's gravity holding the moon compare to the sun's?

Easy way to explain it sounds stupid but here goes because the Moon actually orbits around the Earth, it’s orbiting the Earth. Now this isnt some kind of weird circular logic pun intended. But if we removed the earth from the equation the moon would still orbit the sun. From the suns aspect the velocity of the earth and moon are the same so they orbit the sun.Believe it or not the sun actually tugs on the moon stronger then the earth about 2 and a half times at a much greater distance.However its velocity off sets this pull easiest way to explain it picture figure skating you see them going around the rink they grab each other and spin but yet there direction remains unchanged.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Even though Gravity is labeled the Weak Force...Gravity is not a Force at all. It is called this as the true Nature of Gravity is very difficult to explain to the layman. So throughout Schooling teachers use the word Force as a way to descibe what is in reality an expresssion of Space/Time Geometry.

This Warping of Space/Time occurs where ever exists an object of Mass. This Mass warps the Space/Time around it. So there is no push or pull or particle transfer or attraction such occurs in Magnetism which is called the Strong Force.

When a Massive Celestial Body such as the Sun warps Space/Time to such an extent it does it will change Space/Times Geometry by allowing a greater existance of One Dimentionalities Effect upon any other object or even Light traveling within a proximity that this Space/Time has been warped to have the ability to capture celestial bodies to an orbital status. Split Infinity

<< 6  7  8   >>

join