It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else going to name their future kids after Stars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is one of my plans
they'll certainly be the coolest kids on the block!

Rigel
Rigel Kent
Altair
Bellatrix
Perseus (constellation)
Alnilam
Mirzam

Anyways those are just the ones that I could come up with off the top of my head but I'm sure there are way more to choose from. What does everyone think about this?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What a good idea
Below is a link to finding star names listed by constellation

www.constellationsofwords.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

While you do that, I'll start the "Kids who need to sue their parents for atrocious names." society, and by time your kids are old enough, I'll be ready to take on their case.

I knew a girl named Cinnamon. Her last name was Bush. I think she either started tae-kwon do lessons at the same place I did either to put the bullies at arms length, or in preparation to murder her parents.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Those names are WAY too out there, I mean imagine a kid called "Perseus"? Sounds like some ancient Roman warrior.
Although it can't be any worse than my cousins name "Forest" .... *shudders*.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Unusual names suck. Take it from someone who had a lifetime of growing pains having an unusual name in the 80s.

I named both my kids very carefully, so that they were unique, but wouldn't cop any of the flak having a different name would come with.

Having said that, even the most common names get stick sometimes. I had a friend growing up named Mark, of course we all called him Skid-Mark, or skiddie for short

All these retarded celebrity kids names just show these idiots have no real connection with the real world.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Not a Roman Warrior but almost correct Perseus was a character in Geek Myth

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think this next generation will be the generation of weird names. We'll have stars, stuff like final fantasy, little yoda...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

If it´s a boy I will name him NGC 3603-A1.

If it´s a girl WR20b, adorable huh?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You can buy rights to name a star currently unnamed. I shall call my kid what ever I fancy, and name a star afterwards
I'll also buy a couple of acres on the moon, my aunt got 2 for her birthday lol.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
You can buy rights to name a star currently unnamed. I shall call my kid what ever I fancy, and name a star afterwards
I'll also buy a couple of acres on the moon, my aunt got 2 for her birthday lol.

I'm pretty sure that's a scam, intentional or not. I don't think a company can do that, and if a government wanted to put something on the moon, or some sort of international moon base, they wouldn't say "Can't put it there, Doris owns this acre.". They would take it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Sinny

I'm pretty sure that's a scam, intentional or not. I don't think a company can do that, and if a government wanted to put something on the moon, or some sort of international moon base, they wouldn't say "Can't put it there, Doris owns this acre.". They would take it.

Yes there was a company that named stars after you if paid them money, they sent you a certificate to prove it.
However the certificate is worthless in reality - It was just a gimmick "Hey Honey pumpkin pie - Guess what I got you for your birthday your very own star named after you"
Did you know that Pluto was th name picked out in a competition to find a name for the newly discovered mini planet.
Pluto is of course a Mythological character yet the Pluto the children named was in fact Pluto who is Micky Mouse's dog lol

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I always though Lyra was a good name for a girl. Glad you meant real stars and not pop stars.

top topics

join