It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to communicate with your inner-being with playing cards

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by woodwytch

Nice! If anyone is wanting an even closer experience to The Tarot Cards, definitely give this a try.

As for the process, my way of doing it is not really... um... orthodox.

I usually shuffle the cards and keep shuffling until one fall out. If more than one falls out, I do it again, I know that if it was the right one, there are no worries because it'll come out again and all is well. I have trust in the process, but you can use whatever process you feel comfortable with. There are many processes from The Tarot Cards that can be applied.

No offense, but what The hell kind of directions are those?

You start a thread, lay out the cards, but give no directions....the one you gave is worse than trying to read directions from IKEA.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

What I mean is, I keep shuffling until a card falls out of my hands from shuffling. If more than one falls out, I do it again knowing that I will get the appropriate card.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Very interesting. I also visited a psychic, and a variety of other people who do work in this general field, and the consensus is that there is no "one" person for me, and that I've recently closed multiple karmic cycles (this was over a year ago). So I just make up my path as I go along, there's nothing really set for me

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wow a lot of questions from the readers!
Here's mine.........
When describing the use of playing cards as a means to communicate with "powers from beyond" for lack of a better descripition or your inner self would it be about the same as using a Ouija board? In as much as it's not so much about being concerned with proper procedures, shuffling etc. or what specific materials your communication medium of choice is constructed from as it is just providing an open channel of communication? And, willingness to be receptive? The only caveat to this or any information showing methods of possible spirit contact (even unitentional, I feel the playing card technique could provide such an opportunity) Would be to stress being in the right state of mind. (living and staying in the light and not harboring dark thoughts or wishes)
at least thats how I see it.
Did that make sense? I'm having a hard time getting my though out clearly

PS It looks like you have put some time and thought into your playing card system

and I understand your intent is for self reflection. Kudos

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

While I'm sure a lot of people have quickly skimmed this, and concluded that you're doing an ad hoc version of Tarot, minus the Tarot cards themselves, I see several key differences. Specifically, 5, 6, 8, 9 are different than standard Tarot packs. As well, the court cards are different. For example:

In Tarot the 5's represent obstacles, difficulties, self-deception, and things which, generally, have to be overcome in order for advancement to be made. The 5 of Wands is the Lord of Strife; the 5 of Cups is the Lord of Disappointment; the 5 of Swords is the Lord of Defeat; and the 5 of Disks is the Lord of Worry. In your schematic you associates the fives with freedom.

Also, you attach "responsibility" to the 6s, while in Tarot they actually represent a momentary reprieve from activity. The successful end of an undertaking. The 6 of Wands being the Lord of Victory; the 6 of Cups being the Lord of Pleasure; the 6 of Swords being the Lord of Science (understanding); and the 6 of Disks being the Lord of Success.

In the case of the face-cards, or Court Cards... the Jack, equivalent to either the Knight (prince) or the Knave (princess) often deal with messages, travels, and a journey of self-discovery. In your scheme they represent playfulness.

My point being, people need to not be so quick to judge your system as just Tarot, minus the symbolism. Yes, while the standard playing cards are based on Tarot, any type of introspective-archetypal system which offers insight to the user is well-worth taking the time to understand. Tarot, when used properly, is a mighty deep well of archetypal energies. This method seems much more applicable to every-day life situations.

I like what you've done, and plan to try it out later.

~ Scribe

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I am still lost on what you mean by "Inner Being"? Is that like your sub-conscious emotional framework?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

That seems like a pretty good definition. You can use the cards to reveal your hidden emotions and thoughts, it is like introspection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join