It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to all Ron Paul Supporters stop insulting/pounding/trolling others with different beliefs!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
*Enters thread*

*Tiptoes out of thread*

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

What's with all the one liners?
Traditionally people inclined to respond with quips and soundbites aren't very good debaters - have you every thought that maybe the reason your debates with others degenerate into slop is because the quality of your response is lacking?
edit on 6-5-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Sigh I am sick and tired of political threads being taken over by cry babies whiners political idiots trolls or any other name that you can think of and name I have been called myself.

YEA, and SO ARE the rest of us!!!!!!!!!

YOU most certainly can use some of your OWN advise here.

The IRONY of some thread starters here mentioning "cry babies whiners political idiots trolls"...

*SUPER SIGH*

*GODZILLA FACE-PALM*

edit on 6-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Our country is broke. We are printing money to pay back our debts. We are fighting wars across oceans, we are racking up insane amounts of debt. A large percentage of our population is on welfare.

The only person in politics that is even addressing this issue is Ron Paul. If you are against him then you must be a fan of all these shenanigans the current establishment has put us in.

Like it or not your values are going to change, you can fight tooth and nail. It won't matter, this isn't sustainable.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc

What's with all the one liners?
Traditionally people inclined to respond with quips and soundbites aren't very good debaters - have you every thought that maybe the reason your debates with others degenerate into slop is because the quality of your responses are lacking?

Do you have a question for me or don't you?

You are not moving this conversation along with questions that you may have about this topic. You are just questioning debate skills which is another move by you to somehow make me look stupid. And you are not even bringing up any question you may have about any of the "talking points" I have made in this thread.

There is that long enough for ya?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Sigh I am sick and tired of political threads being taken over by cry babies
whiners political idiots trolls or any other name that you can think of and name
I have been called myself. Can we not have a civil discussion on this website
anymore???

really... looking over your posts we find...

I haven't said anything anti-paul in my response. I only mentioned stuff that RP supporters are doing, and asking what they think is fair

They are wasting their time with Ron Paul and all of his silly ideas anyway because those of us who are against him no that he will NEVER win!!!!! He is unelectable.

Can you possibly talk about something without insulting it?

I think the fact that the poster is called yoyoyoyo speaks a lot about his character and how serious people should take him

Sometimes I wonder if some of you people really have been living under a rock.

Jeez some of you people are really brain dead or something.

you are a first class hypocrite

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
What a bunch of bullies they must be
Waging their war on you
While the illegal wars rage
What a bunch of haters
Won't pay their fair share
Whining about flexibility
Whaaaawhaaaawhaaa

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

whiners political idiots trolls or any other name that you can think of and name
anymore???

I haven't said anything anti-paul in my response. I only mentioned stuff that RP supporters are doing, and asking what they think is fair

They are wasting their time with Ron Paul and all of his silly ideas anyway because those of us who are against him no that he will NEVER win!!!!! He is unelectable.

I think the fact that the poster is called yoyoyoyo speaks a lot about his character and how serious people should take him

I consider it collateral damage that is NOTHING compare to what they have called me! This is only in one thread, I have tried to remain civil to you people for months and its gotten me no where. It's always they are right and everyone else is wrong! No matter what points you bring to the table, so what's the point?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

anymore???

ONE ZILLION % RIGHT!!!

Of ALL PEOPLE HERE, I cannot believe the NERVE of the OP with this thread!!

And theres A TON MORE to add to that list of HYPOCRISY for certain!!!!

OP has some NERVE...
edit on 6-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

Please play nice!

Thank you.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
worldwide, it is suspected that the GOP is commiting fraud with the primaries. many people have pointed out historical trends with prior primaries and there is definately something fishy with the 2012 elections.

MSM is pushing Romney and telling everyone that Dr. Paul is 'unelectable' but the reality is, people are gathering at his speaking events, people are showing up in huge numbers. and he was ELECTED 12 times by the people of Texas.

most recently we have suspisions of false publications in Maine and Nevada

finally, with the counter intel working full force, what makes you think that even half the aggressive, hostile, and insulting posters are actual Ron Paul supporters and not just a bunch of paid people trying to discredit the real supporters

the reality is, Ron Paul supporters are getting involved. no matter what kind of manipulation the electronic voting machines are experiencing, real live people are showing up at conventions to take part of the delegate process. the majority of these people seem to be Ron Paul supporters

these people show that there are Americans that are not just voting for a party. they are voting for real ideas that they agree with and Ron Paul is the only candidate that has any real change in store for this country

I am not a voter as I have known my whole life the system is bogus, however if there was ever a time in my life that I would want to vote... it would be for Ron Paul

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Sigh I am sick and tired of political threads being taken over by cry babies whiners political idiots trolls or any other name that you can think of and name I have been called myself. Can we not have a civil discussion on this website anymore???

Complaining...

I joined this website a little less than a year ago. but granted that was before the primaries and the politics spread like wildfire here on ATS. I am beginning to see a dangerous trend here at ATS that I would like to bring to everyone's attention before it becomes too late (which I feel it is already).

More complaining...

Most people on here who I have conversations with cannot answer simple questions when I try to sway the debate one way or the other. I mean, isn't that the point of debates???

Common problem when dealing with people in general - has nothing to do with only Ron Paul supporters

Since when did ATS become a smorgasbord of hyped up senational half true news stories from "alternative sources" which are just as questionable as the content on ATS? Do some of these posters only care about the stars and flags??

Seriously? That's like 90% of the posts on here - pretty sure that just about defines the average ATS post...

Why do people ignore certain threads which bring up more valuable info than yet another sponsored Ron Paul link! I always here the excuse, you don't like RP, then you don't have to read the threads! Well, it's kinda hard to do that when this place is over loaded with them...

People can only read so much - Free country to post or read whatever you like. My advice is that if your tired of your nose getting cold then pull your head out of the refrigerator and shut the door.

When one person asks a question inside that huge thread of Hell Yes agreers he is automatically looked upon with suspension

I think you meant suspicion...

This is not the way to have an honest and truly open debate. You guys are not practicing free speech, it is quite the opposite actually. Because of my beliefs and my positions on certain topics, it is almost impossible for me to have a sane discussion with anyone here because some people are just too emotionally attached to their own beliefs and morals. I have morals and beliefs to you won't get me to change my mind (yes my own non brainwashed mind) no matter how hard you try!

If your opinion cannot be changed then you are not debating - you're hoping to beat someone else over the head with your opinion - which is what that last paragraph was...your opinion.

On Election threads when questioning everybody's favorite candidate they start with the insults right away "apparently you don't look into the issues," "when did you stop reading the issues," or "I guess you like having others decide on the issues for you." This is a typical talking down to insult which gives them more control and power and also insists that the other person is an idiot or ignorant even if they brought up a valid question to the topic at hand.

Don't dish em out if you can't take em.

The Paulites will then try to sway the conversation to make the topic be about the constitution. With the original concerns and questions in the OP and/or other posters lost in the propaganda.

Please forgive the "Paulites" for actually wanting to talk about real issues...

In response to these questions I usually get answers like, "that was not in the constitution," Your response is just as bad as the religious crazies when they say, that "that was not written in the Bible!" Take that as you will. I picture these people having a picture of the constitution as their background image on their computer screen and drooling over a copy of the Constitution framed on their wall and kissing a picture of Ron Paul framed next to their desk! I mean passion for something is fine, but that is bordering on obsession and you might have to go see someone about your love for the constitution. And this paragraph does not make me anti-american....

To each their own - not nice to call people names because of their beliefs - kinda low - usually those tactics are reserved for use by people who don't have a good point...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I consider it collateral damage that is NOTHING compare to what they have called me! This is only in one thread, I have tried to remain civil to you people for months and its gotten me no where. It's always they are right and everyone else is wrong! No matter what points you bring to the table, so what's the point?

so, two wrongs make a right?

you were insulted and rather than being the bigger man, you insult back? Then whine about it in your OP?

the short list of quotes I posted were taken from multiple threads... some of them were not even Ron Paul threads. to me it appears that you have enough hostility torward Ron Paul and his supporters, that you go out of your way to trash them.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

anymore???

What points jjf3rd? What points have you brought to the table? The above post shows your hypocritical nature. You ask for a debate yet when people question you,you ask not to discuss Ron Paul only the subject matter? One poster already addressed its a lose lose situation if someone answers your thread. This thread is an obvious troll tactic. You write mean spiteful things about Paul because you know it will get a negative response then you attack the people for it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Continued...

Which brings me to my next point. When some people can no longer debate the issues they go on to ask me retarded rhetorical questions like "do you hate America?" or "do you like having rights?" or "do you hate big government?" in a lame attempt to get me to somehow have an epiphany that a geriatric vagina doctor that is the laughing stock of America will be the savior of the nation. When I ask what that has to do with my point they say, "So you do hate america! Got it!" And they leave the conversation. I have seen this happen numerous times.

Back to the complaining...sorry - just don't see what else you would possibly be trying to do with this comment...

In a random trolling effort, they mention something like "Ron Paul is the only hope for America" or "Ron Paul will bring out the true America," as if that had anything to do with the conversation at hand. This happens a lot in the political forums, I don't see it much elsewhere tho. It is my right as an American Citizen to vote for who I want. The RP cult cannot leave this fact alone and must question my motives at every chance they get. I am almost treated like a terrorist on this site. I question RP supporters daily and most of them do not have the coherent capabilities to answer some of my questions so they start hurling violent insults complaining about how much I suck, getting other Paulites to visit and comment, and the cycle continues. Bottom line is ATS has brought one thing to light for me: Start questioning Ron Paul their christ and they totally flip out.

I don't see anything in the OP that would evoke a meaningful question - you pretty much just put it out there for everybody to see the steaming pile of terd-soup that it is...

That's MY opinion...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
steaming pile of terd-soup that it is...

That pretty much sums it up.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that see's this!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ALL!! ***

Once again - play the ball NOT the player!

Or in other words, address the issues described by the OP, don't attack the OP.

Thank you.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I understand you are trying to keep things civil.

from my perspective, the title of this thread, and the OPs comment history, are in direct contradiction to what he is trying to address

I have shown that he is just as guilty of attacking people that hold a different opinion than him.
I have pointed out that there is most likely a form of counter intel that is being used to discredit real supporters to make them look bad
and with exception of calling him a hypocrit, I have not once gone off insulting/pounding/trolling

not everyone is as aggressive as others

not ALL Ron Paul supporters feel the need to attack others with different beliefs. me I just smile and let them have their beliefs.

however, for the OP to cast a blanket on 'all Ron Paul supporters' as 'insulting, pounding trolls' is insulting to me

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The Paulites aren't really attacking you personally. They're attacking what you represent which is seemingly the "Status Quo" The Paulites act the way they do because to them this is a Revolution not just some ordinary election year. You see they BELIEVE in Paul, with all their heart. Do you really believe in Romney or Obama?

To be honest lots of people really believed in Obama. The difference is their guy (Paul) has been preaching the SAME THING for 30 years which is why he may be a little more CONSISTENT than Obama. You say this thread is about the Paul supporters but you can't talk about one without the other. SORRY!!!

Paul Supporters also act the way they do because they're tired of being lied to and tired of how the Mainstream Media ignores Paul and if they do give him attention they attack him or ask him the same questions over and over again. Example- His Newsletters. He's had to answer those same questions countless times. What if they attacked your candidate like that. Would you like that?

Why don't you make another thread about who you support and why? I'm sure we could have a civilized debate. You have to admit that Ron Paul supporters don't mind telling you WHY they support their candidate. Can you say the same thing for your candidate.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Might as well close the thread then, as OP IS about 'players' from another thread. Posts about the original context are not wanted by the OP. OP wants to discuss the style of RP supporters from other threads, so to me it seems logical OP's style is discussed as well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join