It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Launches Campaign in 70% full Arena

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

All. Isn't that basically what I said?

what good does it do to stand against Obama if what you're standing there with is CRAP? The left is breaking with Obama and the media, maybe it's time you guys broke with the GOP and the media? It's all garbage.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
There you go folks a 4 year old account with 27 posts sets the records straight.

Yeah it isn't how many posts the guy has made, he has actual video evidence that says what you are saying is BS. He also gave links, quotes, etc.

I mean those are friggen facts, that is about credible as it comes.

Quit being a GOP fanboy, be honest... this is ATS not a place you can continue to make crap up.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

All. Isn't that basically what I said?

what good does it do to stand against Obama if what you're standing there with is CRAP? The left is breaking with Obama and the media, maybe it's time you guys broke with the GOP and the media? It's all garbage.

No.. Not really. You started it off by declaring with authority that Fox News and other specifically conservative sites lied and deceived us. Apparently the other, non-right wing sources that also blew the truth all over the place..were just 'mistaken' or something.. I don't know, because you singularly focused on the one side for being outright liars and don't seem to mention at all what we call others. Same problems..Same BAD information?

I DO agree with the part you quoted though. Additionally, as with many posts I make on a thread that stopped being constructive and productive by turning into a straight combat thread..it's posted in a general way to the overall battle, and not just the specific points of the one. You know me well enough by now though.. lol

Recall:

Why can't you guys just admit that FOX, Drudge, Breitbart lies? What good does it do to pretend otherwise? Honestly it's just like the Republican race for nomination, what good does it do to stand against Obama if what you're standing there with is CRAP?

You're presenting now like your post was innocent and just relating with us all while saying we ought to just get along or something because the other media is leaving the Obama. Well.. ^^ If it hadn't opened on the first line by declaring a large % of the news media today to be deliberate liars or fabricators...then seeming to ask why we can't 'get it'.... I might have come to agree with ya entirely.

In fairness...If I post an outright combat post that opens with insults and a direct challenge to half the site here, and then come back acting the peacemaker on the same topic and thread......I'd fully expect YOU to call ME on it as well. I'd anticipate you being a little harsher.....
I'd even say, in that case, I'd deserve every word in the note.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Listen up

Half a different dozen people wrote the op and since when is it a crime to link content for discussion in this thread or this website.

For the records i do not work or write for Breitbart,ABC,The Columbus Dispatch,Toldeo Blaze or Buzz Feed or Drudge.

For the people who have problems with the op take it up with those guys.

edit on 6-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Toledo Blade or Columbus Dispatch also clearly did not state "empty arena" in their articles, only Brietbart and Drudge did which you aped here in this thread.

We've proven over and over this arena was not empty and in fact had a damn good crowd size.

All you're doing with this thread is pointing out how worthless and biased a Web site Breitbart.com is.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

But the event fell short of the 20,000 supporters the campaign had forecast as organizers moved people from seats to the arena floor in front of the dais to project fullness to television audiences. Obama volunteers had worked feverishly over the last week to gin up a crowd, making multiple calls to residents believed to be supportive of the president.

From the dispatch what has been proven is liberal fuzzy math time and time agian.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

What?
I'm asking the people that use those sources...I'm stating that I and many others have dropped Obama and the left media...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

But the event fell short of the 20,000 supporters the campaign had forecast as organizers moved people from seats to the arena floor in front of the dais to project fullness to television audiences. Obama volunteers had worked feverishly over the last week to gin up a crowd, making multiple calls to residents believed to be supportive of the president.

From the dispatch what has been proven is liberal fuzzy math time and time agian.

You and your thread seem to have become the obsessive focus of a couple folks. To the extent that I was slack jawed and speechless when I first got on today and saw the dozens of messages and entirely new threads started specifically to combat you, this thread and seemingly anyone who hasn't very openly disagreed with it.

For combat threads that just kinda overflowed everywhere, this one takes the cake in my memory. It's all the worse to have to say when, Neo, I KNOW you had no intention of it. You posted what Drudge had in 72pt + screaming headlines...and every media organization was carrying within the hour from one spin or another.

Your thread could have been mine or without dragging anyone else in by name, it could have been the thread of a dozen other people. Nothing really stands out to say it couldn't have been....and this response is just over the top shocking.

@ WHOLE THREAD...That OTHER WHOLE THREAD and whatever others I haven't even seen yet.

It's not debate, this is OUTRIGHT combat, It's the norm and expected at other sites. I ENJOY this kind of warfare, actually. Not here though... to those making a full blown crusade out of this disagreement....

Look, I'm not a mod. I'm not staff...and I've had my OWN days where those who are sure haven't been writing me kind notes, to say the least.

What I AM is an established member and I feel I have some real time and energy put into the community here. I'm FAR from the oldest..and to some, I'm a greenhorn still getting comfy in my seat at ATS. Fair enough..and true enough compared to many. However, I absolutely feel I have enough invested to say ENOUGH!

- If a thread pisses ya off? Make your own.....with SOME variety. Not just a combat thread to fight on after the original combat thread isn't friendly enough to win anymore.

- DOZENS Of messages saying basically the same thing a half dozen different ways isn't debating, it's arguing while holding one's ears closed. It reminds me of someone covering their ears and singing 'mary had a little lamb'. UGH!

- SOME of us...like and respect everyone else here. A few exceptions..in my case...and I put a REAL effort into avoiding the few out of respect for THEM and THEIR RIGHT to post as much as it's for my own peace of mind and the community as a whole. It works...and it's how a community avoids becoming Mad Max in cyberspace.

I'll hop off my Soapbox now, but this fighting to fight crap has been going hard and heavy since early to mid January. This is getting to be too much........and GOOD, LONG members (far more on both than I am) are either leaving or just not contributing anymore. On a site 100% about USER contribution, that's a fatal trend. Can't we work to at least make our points without standing ON EACH OTHER while making them?????

-White Rabbit (Professional Fly in the Ointment)
edit on 6-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Sheesh . Enough already.

The Personal Sniping, name calling, character assassinations,Ad Homs and trolling need to STOP.

Let's try to keep the discussion within the framework of the Topic, as well.

Obama Launches Campaign in 70% full Arena

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
To give some contrast...I dug this out of my files for Dr. Paul in Springfield. Since I took these, I hate to miss an appropriate moment to make use of one.

Without getting into a whole side line down this path, they were down the railings, and out the door, packing the place in my little corner of Missouri. One can even see folks willing to fill the seats behind him they hadn't intended to have open at all. Far more people showed up than they planned for. Make what you will of it...but public enthusiasm is there or it isn't. There sure isn't a way of faking or spinning that little detail.

Forward isn't off to a real quick jump.. err.. yeah. Maybe they need that reset button back from Putin? (tries to keep straight face...must not laugh...)

Woooooaaaaahhh Dude. That's me, 5 rows up on the left of the podium, 2nd section!

Cooooooool.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I ran across an article that stated Obama's campaign moved people around so that the place would look more full.

I will see if I can find it.

Either way, doesn't matter. He isn't drawing 08 crowds, that much is evident. Even if it was 30k out of 31k seats, it still wasn't full.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

You're serious? It hadn't really occurred to me that more than those I'd already heard from might have been there. I have dozens of quality similar to that but from angles all over the venue and inside the Caucus Prep session for the hour prior to the event itself.....

I'd started as a PM...but it occurred to me, you may not be alone. I'll make an open offer to you or anyone else who might have been there but not on the upper deck for the best of pics.... Drop me a note and I can get the full set I shot that night into a package for those interested. Heck, it's my pleasure!
That shot I used here was simply better for showing whole crowd totals....it's one of the worst for the event itself and Dr. Paul. I almost shot that one over my shoulder and on my way toward the door. err...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yup, I was sitting not too far from the "dogs for Paul" guy. Not sure if you saw his sign.

I will send you a PM, it would be great to get some pics. I took vids. Posted them on YT.

ETA: drove about 3 hrs to get there, one way. It was great to see and hear the good Dr.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Please make use of the PM system for the side discussions.

Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
Please make use of the PM system for the side discussions.

Thanks.

Done and Done

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay, this is silly and I'm not fighting for the sake of fighting. I come back to share one thing, and make a point that isn't particularly personal to any one person. First....

Lost energy?

The crowds at Ohio State University’s Schottenstein Center were screaming enthusiastically, waving signs and chanting “Four more years! Four more years!”

But the arena did not reach its full capacity of 18,300, with about 4,000 of those seats remaining unfilled. Observers of the 2008 race know that the first Obama campaign would have been able to fill every seat.

But the crowds at both OSU and VCU were more enthusiastic than any so far at a Romney rally. And while the Republican Party has joyfully pointed out that the Obama campaign isn’t generating the same excitement that it did in 2008, the only campaign that has gotten more than 5,000 folks to show up is Ron Paul's, not Romney's.
Source

That isn't Fox News, The Blaze or PJ Media. That is MSNBC. Home of reporters who get tingles up their legs when the President speaks.

My point is this...

Now we can't be reaching a point here where people have to question the wisdom of sharing stories that are carried by a large number of media outlets to various degrees and levels of focus. Al Jazeera reports the crowd itself at 18,000....by the way. Accuracy isn't the strongest thing by anyone, all the way around. The OP didn't report anything out of what the media was and neither did I. If errors were there, it's a night and event where errors are all over the media and no one at ATS is pulling a paycheck or carrying the Press ID card to take the blame on investigative accuracy....above that of the national media.

Welcome to Election 2012.
(Unless something really new comes up here... goodnight
):

I will not make any bones about it, I don't like 90% of your posts, that being said you made me laugh and think a little with this one!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This video shows the massive heartpounding enthusiasm of the crowd during Obama's thundering speech.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join