It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Launches Campaign in 70% full Arena

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I find it IRONIC that he needs ANOTHER four years,to fix a mess,he should have fixed in his first two !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW,I could see the kool-aid coming out of EVERYONE'S orifices.......

Thanks for the Vid.....

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That link is broken.
But what does it matter? The pic Breitbart is proudly chest puffing with is from before the event, other pics and video shows it wasn't packed but pretty well populated. Right? I'll look for the buzzfeed article...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

During the speech, Obama ripped into the presumptive GOP nominee and discussed nation building at home, but the most newsworthy item of the day was not the talking points Obama delivered: it was the crowd... or lack thereof. According to ABC News, the Obama campaign had expected an "overflow" of people. Instead, the arena looked half-empty. The Columbus Dispatch reports that Obama organizers even had people move from the seats to the floor of the gym in order to project a larger crowd on television.

For those who do not know how to read and when a word is highlighted in an article that is a link guess its just easier to not even bother reading the source material and just call them "liars".

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The buzz feed link is working fine.

Don't know what the problem is there.

From buzz feed

How Mitt Romney’s Campaign Put A Damper On Obama’s Big Day

Romney Deputy Press Secretary Ryan Williams was in the audience at the OSU rally, and tweeted a picture of the empty seats — which instantly got picked up by conservative blogs. After Obama’s remarks he was swarmed by local reporters, and after giving them a standard response to the speech, he commented on the empty seats.

www.buzzfeed.com...

Of course after than the OBama campaign fired back with the detroit picture.
edit on 6-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It doesn't really answer my question though, 35,000 out of 40,000 isn't a bad turn out. I wish it was less! I wish it was a washout! But it wasn't. Obama and Romney both need to drop off the planet in my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Same place in 2010 the turn out was 35,000 people that day less than half that.

of course launched on karl marx's birthday but that was just a "coincidence"

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh good lord, so what if it Marx's bday...can we get to caring about crappy choice A and crappy choice B?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Same place in 2010 the turn out was 35,000 people that day less than half that.

of course launched on karl marx's birthday but that was just a "coincidence"

Your facts, as usual, are all wrong.

This is NOT the same place that held the 2010 rally, where Obama drew 35,000 supporters. THAT location was the Oval on the OSU campus.

The May 5th rally was at Schottenstein Arena which has a max seating capacity of 18,300, and 14,000 attended.

The BuzzFeed article was also clearly mistaken on that, which they finally edited to fix in their article.

The image itself you keep touting is also a misrepresentation, since it's been shown in both pics and videos those upper seats were FILLED after the start of the event.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Whose facts again?

Hey go tell them they are wrong

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I watched the rally at the arena at Ohio Stae Univ and the build up to it. It is true that before the First Lady and President Obama came on, or when know one was speaking, there was a lot of milling around of the crowd and there seemed to be a lot of emplty seats. But once everyone got down to business, the arena was packed. It is all on line on You Tube. Go look. I have seen this falsehood about a 30% empty arena elsewhere on the web on a couple of right wing extremist websites I keep track of for fun and sometimes a chuckle, but mostly to keeptrack of what they are up to,and it seems to always come from the same people, Mr. Breitbart being one. I would not trust him to tell me the sky was blue unless I looked for myself

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am telling you, the OP, of the factually incorrect information you continue to foist in this post.

The 35,000-strong crowd in 2010 was at the Oval.

The 14,000-strong crowd was at Schottenstein Arena.

Wingnut Web site tells of “empty arena” for Obama rally, ignoring crowd of 14,000 people

The right-wing blogosphere is afire today with THIS REPORT from Breitbart.com claiming that President Obama launched his re-election campaign yesterday in an “empty arena” on the campus of Ohio State University.

But the Breitbart claim is defty refuted HERE and by this video:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There you go folks a 4 year old account with 27 posts sets the records straight.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

www.squidoo.com...

Nobody packs em in better than RP
edit on 6-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

in this panning video we see empty seats in the upper sections.

00:06

00:11

00:34

00:54

01:16

the 70% number is probably accurate.

the full section at 00:40 is directly in front of where the speech camera was in the other "speech" video.
that video never panned around.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
All breibart does is perpetuate lies. Anyone that actually reads it and believes most of the content is gullible/brainwashed.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Since when do we call an arena at 76.5% capacity "empty"? Let's not ignore this is a red state, Ohio, and let's not forget Obama's other weekend appearance in Virginia, which was at full capacity (8,000 people);

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Still not empty.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
All breibart does is perpetuate lies. Anyone that actually reads it and believes most of the content is gullible/brainwashed.

Or anyone who sticks their head in the sand cheering a continuation of Bush in Obama is as gullible as it gets.. Bush followed where Clinton left off and Obama continued right where Bush left off and if Romney wins he will continue right where Obama left off.. Perpetuating the special interests, removing more of our freedom, and bringing the economy into a state of mass inflation creating an emergency where we need the government to feed us.. Basically slavery. That's the irony.. A black community hoodwinked by a black president looking to make us all slaves. Romney is no different. Voting for Paul doesn't make you a crazy conspiracy theorist. It simply means you've had enough of King George running the United States and you're making a last ditch effort before the country turns into a full blown dictatorship.
edit on 6-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

I voted for Ron Paul on super Tuesday. I can't tell if you are insinuating that I like Obama or not because I don't.

Anyone that takes Breibart as a reliable source of information is just as brainwashed, if not worse, than any Obama/Romney supporter.

edit on 6-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Why can't you guys just admit that FOX, Drudge, Breitbart lies? What good does it do to pretend otherwise? Honestly it's just like the Republican race for nomination, what good does it do to stand against Obama if what you're standing there with is CRAP? The left is breaking with Obama and the media, maybe it's time you guys broke with the GOP and the media? It's all garbage.

Of course Fox News, Drudge and Breitbart get things wrong. Is that lying? Well.... CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS News and Al Jazeera get things wrong too. Daily. Some things are BIG and most are small things few even notice beyond those involved with a story.

Call them ALL liars? fine.... I'll go with that if it's ALL. They function the same way though and all that really changes between the Newsroom of CNN and the Newsroom of Fox News is the spin and ideology behind those working there. They ALL absolutely have ideological leanings....they're HUMAN.

This story seems to have been a boner for facts all the way around and ALL SIDES OF THE MEDIA screwed this story. Some reported HIGHER than actually attended, some reported LOWER and most just carried what others said with little regard to accuracy at all.

Enough with the stupid Gotcha games of "They Lie They Lie!" show me a media organization, and I mean any media organization of size IN THE WORLD..ANYWHERE..which also covers geopolitics and this election without heavy spin and...creative reporting. They'll have my personal loyalty long after the election!

** One important note. Matt Drudge is someone I listened to and respected long before his Website became the sole public outlet for his energies. His radio show was great and a real loss...however.. Drudge Report DOES NOT REPORT anything. They never have and they never will. They are a collection service (also called Aggregators) They collect the news that others write and present it....they create NOTHING. So...blame games really are kinda hard to support when blame isn't even directed at those who took the pictures or wrote the words to start with. .

edit on 6-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join