It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this flying over the Supermoon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by JonStone

A bird and more birds..
the changing of shape is the beat of the wings.
That the object is dark means that it is not beyond the earth into the sunlight bathing the Moon.

But yes, UFOs are real, just no strong evidence here either way.

Cannot go with bird here, since it would be going too slow relative to the apparent size of moon. For the same reason it was not in moon orbit (a post I put above this) , it cannot be that close to the ground, as the moon's physical presentation is 1800 arc-seconds. This object took 18-20 seconds to traverse the orb. The only reasonable speed/distance calibration puts the object in earth orbit.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So if it assumed that it is in Earth orbit, or somewhere close, it could not have made an orbital period in 11 seconds...unless of course, it was going faster than any object known to man. I suggested lunar orbit, but now that I think about it, i'm not sure an object could orbit the moon that quickly, again unless it is something we've never seen before. It is possible that it is not in any orbit, but merely crossing the path between my telescope and the moon, but I don't understand why the heading and general direction is the same. Only other thing that I can think of is that what I taped was not the same craft, but several craft heading in the same general direction....perhaps one chasing another. The gaps between sightings are 11 seconds, 44 seconds, 1 minute and 5 minutes (give or take from the time it took to restart the camera, no more than a minute or so between clouds since I only turned off the cam during cloud cover). Could be 5 separate objects that look the same...they do appear to be at different elevations based on size now that I think about it.

I was hoping I could call this a bird, bat or lunar orbiter and go to bed...but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm hoping for an opening in the clouds at the moment, to see if I pick up anything else this evening...its not looking good for tonight. I have this urge to pay extra attention to the brightest spot on the moon, or at least from where these things first became visible on the surface. Could be that this type of activity happens all the time, but I was only able to pick some up this time due to the supermoon status. Time will tell, safe to say that now i'm interested.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

edit on 7-5-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

I have no idea how you arrived at an 11 second earth orbital path....
However, I did the math for the above few posts, if you want to talk about the equations, just ask.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
As I said before, the camera and I saw the object...11 seconds later the same object was seen taking the same path, almost as if I hit replay. It was seen again in the second video, 44 seconds into it. In the third video, the object was seen again a minute into the video, and again 5 minutes later...path was slightly altered but same general direction. I'm pretty sure I explained it clearly the second video I posted(perhaps you skipped that post), which contained other footage containing the object during the same observation session. This is why it looked like it was in orbit around the moon...only the orbit would have been too fast. This is a consolidation of all the footage that contained the object, not the same one presented in the first post. I'm not debating your math, if anything it supports the theory that it is not a bird, bat or other nearby object, its not a probe and it's not a satellite because it's moving too fast. I am simply explaining why it appeared to be in lunar orbit, and I offered alternatives to that appearance. I also indicated that since several other people on youtube filmed the same object in different global locations, it is less likely that it was a bug in front of the camera or other glitch. So its not a bug, not a bird, not an airplane, it is traveling very fast and depending on it's distance, it could be quite large. A meteor may come to mind, but I don't understand why it would be seen 5 times within 20 minutes, on close to the same path. There was a meteor shower last night, but none of these burned up like they usually do, and i've never seen several take the same path just seconds or minutes apart. The times that it presented itself were erratic, but the path was similar...which leads me to believe that it is in a bizarre orbit, or we are looking at more than one object on the same heading. So though your math may be helpful, the jury is still out on what it actually is...which still makes it a UFO at this time since it is in fact unidentified. I'm using the process of elimination. Math may assist with the elimination, but I doubt it will draw a conclusion or make the identification on its own.

edit on 7-5-2012 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonStone
As I said before, the camera and I saw the object...11 seconds later the same object was seen taking the same path, almost as if I hit replay. It was seen again in the second video, 44 seconds into it. In the third video, the object was seen again a minute into the video, and again 5 minutes later...path was slightly altered but same general direction. I'm pretty sure I explained it clearly the second video I posted(perhaps you skipped that post), which contained other footage containing the object during the same observation session. This is why it looked like it was in orbit around the moon...only the orbit would have been too fast. This is a consolidation of all the footage that contained the object, not the same one presented in the first post. I'm not debating your math, if anything it supports the theory that it is not a bird, bat or other nearby object, its not a probe and it's not a satellite because it's moving too fast. I am simply explaining why it appeared to be in lunar orbit, and I offered alternatives to that appearance. I also indicated that since several other people on youtube filmed the same object in different global locations, it is less likely that it was a bug in front of the camera or other glitch. So its not a bug, not a bird, not an airplane, it is traveling very fast and depending on it's distance, it could be quite large. A meteor may come to mind, but I don't understand why it would be seen 5 times within 20 minutes, on close to the same path. There was a meteor shower last night, but none of these burned up like they usually do, and i've never seen several take the same path just seconds or minutes apart. The times that it presented itself were erratic, but the path was similar...which leads me to believe that it is in a bizarre orbit, or we are looking at more than one object on the same heading. So though your math may be helpful, the jury is still out on what it actually is...which still makes it a UFO at this time since it is in fact unidentified. I'm using the process of elimination. Math may assist with the elimination, but I doubt it will draw a conclusion or make the identification on its own.

Further evidence that the objects are in Earth orbit. The moon has moved in Right Ascention significantly over a few minutes. The trajectory seems consistent, but the path it takes over the surface of the moon is of course, skewed.

The object resolves into something larger than a a pinpoint, indicating it would be huge if it were in moon orbit. Not so, in earth object at that magnification the objects could be 10 - 20 meters in length.

Many space junk targets are relatives of a main object that broke apart, or came apart , or were injected in sequence at the same orbital trajectory path. I call space junk in Earth orbit based on the available data.
The fact of catching a stream like this is rather unusual, but considering that the moon is in an ecliptic path that so many man-made objects are as well (Earth equatorial centric) , it make it even more likely.

Addendum: Another thing to consider is to observe how space junk comes out of orbit and falls back to earth. It is a stream of objects, related, that fall out of orbit at relatively the same time. They further break apart in the atmosphere represented by an extremely wide trail of debris that can be be up to 90 degrees of orbital arc in width.

Addendum 2: Let's take it to the next level. If you have your Earth Lat/Long and the time (UT) of the observations , we may be able to consult the JPL space debris database, and find out what was transiting the earth at that time in the RA/DEC region where the moon was relative to your location.
edit on 7-5-2012 by charlyv because: addendum

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
got one also...

a bit different looking...

Supermoon

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rockinground

a blue moon is the 2nd full moon in one calendar month....this was a super moon...look it up

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Nice videos don't think it's birds or bugs or swamp gas or weather balloon

I want to believe!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Deductive Logic...

Not a bird, bat, weather balloon or plane since it was seen and captured in other places.

Not a lunar probe, since one should not be visible at the time of capture, plus it is moving too fast. Also didn't show up in a search for probes along that path at that time.

Possible meteor shower, with objects on the same course. Only conflict, surely such a site in front of a full supermoon would have been on the news.

So far, it is a UFO, not alien, just unidentified.

According to our math guy, it may not be in orbit around the moon, but it probably isn't that close to the Earth. Perhaps several objects chasing others along the same path, which may produce this illusion.

Only thing that bothers me is this. Since we don't know, and since others have seen it, then why hasn't it made the news since we KNOW NASA and other officials have HAD to notice it. I suppose this is just re-enforcement on the fact that some things just aren't talked about publicly. I really would like to know what it was, but some things are just left answered.

The Search is on...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join