It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this flying over the Supermoon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I took 100 frames of the international space station at 68 power got a silawet of a aircraft in a frame near center of lens.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

This was actually 6 videos in a row, several minutes apart. The object appears in all, I may put them altogether if I get the time. I would LOVE to own an 8" scope! Can't afford it though.

Phase, I watched the videos. When the "bats" are in focus, the moon is not...from what I can see anyway. I will admit that my reflector has a sensitive focus knob. I was going to bring out my larger telescope, but clouds offered only a limited amount of time, I didn't have time to go home and get it. Not saying this is anything spectacular, i'm only stating what I know. I admit, I am an amateur astronomer...but who isn't when it comes down to it. But at the same time, I wouldn't be much of an observer if I didn't present my images to others... spectacular or otherwise, so criticism is not only expected, it is welcomed. When it comes down to it, each will decide on his or her own.

While I go the attention of other astronomers, what are those lights that appear on the moon in most of my images? Highly reflective areas? Just curious.
edit on 6-5-2012 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hope you get a 16 inch with computer controled tracking but remember , 1000000 bass boat cant catch fish anybetter than a leaking john boat if it aint in the water.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The moon has a moon?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rockinground

Who knows...but I do know that Galileo discovered the moons of Jupiter with a scope less than half of what I am using right now. A sphere with a couple dots beside it, not sure anybody thought much about it at the time...but we know better now. I do use more powerful online scopes, but as you know, its not the same as looking at an object through an eyepiece. Nevertheless, I do enjoy taking pictures of stars with known exoplanets just in case...I might get lucky.

The Hubble is an awesome scope, but it still cannot see many exoplanets out there. Point being, regardless of the size, aperture, technology, etc...sometimes it comes down to pure, blind and stupid luck. I probably got some space junk in my picture, but that doesn't mean that some guy tomorrow night with a 35mm camera can't capture something that will change life as we know it on this world by mere luck. Most likely not then, since even pictures are far from proof nowadays. its gonna take a landing on the white house lawn for anybody to believe anything, but even then, heh, it would probably be covered up as a big leaf, bat, bird, optical illusion or something.

Do I believe in life on other worlds? Yes, there are just too many worlds out there to say no. Do I believe in visitations? I keep an open mind, but one never landed in my front yard. Did I capture a UFO (alien)? probably not. But it sure is fun to think and talk about. After all, we never know.

May fortune favor the foolish. Clear skies.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
i bet it was probably some of the leftovers of Halleys comet because earth is passing through the debris rite now

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JonStone

your nice person ,me and one man in japan reportedly got a picture of the moon ,mars and a huge asteriod in same frame ,blind luck between clouds for sure. so big that asteriod is clear in shape. breath takeing luck. If you aint out there blind luck wont be there. Refractors are nice for cameras if you have a eyepiece adapter to use any eye piece to two inch . low mm ones of 2 inch are real nice higher mm needs lots of light or big objective lens with big prices by the way. nice negative try lower magnification down .

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

I forgot there was a shower tonight, now I feel lucky

Thanks for the reminder! And to think NASA said the moon would drown it out. This is probably what it was. Of course, others may come up with their own conclusions. Provided the footage is limited, nobody is to say who is right or wrong. So, for the sake of argument, in my opinion, it is a pretty picture of the moon indeed

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It's obviously a Super Cow

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
photograph your best inhaced picture on screen , blow it up then inhance it to negative , still no conferm then U FO that can not be id"d, mystery number x times infinity.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rockinground

I did this, see above posts. I am a person of science, so it is hard for me to admit...that it looks like a saucer. Of course, it could be anything, so people will have to make up their own minds at this point. As a person of science, I have to say it is a fragment from Haley's comet or space junk. As a person in general, it looks like a saucer man.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Concerning the last video...
One thing it cannot be is an object in moon orbit. It would be going about 64 miles a second, which is 3 times typical cosmic velocity of an asteroid traveling around the sun. An object that fast cannot stay in the orbit of the moon. It would also show slow movement near the edge, faster in middle and slower towards other edge, which it does not show.

It also shows a resolved relative size, which would be rather huge from the moons perspective, so it must be an object in earth orbit. Space Junk, satellite would seem possible.
edit on 6-5-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I saw but lower mag and take a good camera and photograph your screen then inhance , you will go huble telescope in power for billions less. Ha Ha then negative

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Your probably right, but I have to mention. An object at that speed cannot be orbiting the moon...that we know of. But right now, I don't know what it is, the evidence simply isn't conclusive enough to indicate one way or the other, im thinking a meteoroid or space junk at this point. I just know that I have taken lots of pics of the moon, and this is a first for me. It could be a little cloud for all I know, aside from the fact that it appeared in several videos spaced several minutes apart...which lead me to think it must be in orbit. But, if it was of alien origin, which it probably isn't, then what we know of in regards to observed speed in space, is irrelevant. Again, there is probably a reasonable explanation, but if there wasn't, there is no way we can tell how fast an object can move around the moon outside of our own technology and understanding...or even outside of our own time for that matter. As usual, people will draw their own conclusions, many of which may or may not be posted here. But I feel it was still my responsibility to post it, if nothing else, I think it is indeed a nice picture of the moon.

Rock, its not like I got a second chance to take another picture...skies have clouded up here. Nevertheless, i'll make a note of it in the future...thanks. What I posted is what you got, so if you can do any more with it, then your welcomed to do so. I can provide you with all of my footage if you like, though much of it is between clouds, I got several with the same object crossing between my telescope and the moon.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

A bird and more birds..
the changing of shape is the beat of the wings.
That the object is dark means that it is not beyond the earth into the sunlight bathing the Moon.

But yes, UFOs are real, just no strong evidence here either way.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I remember a satellite that was to have reached the moon back in January id I recall.
Can not remember the name of it off hand. found it.
Grail satellite.
Link

NASA has successfully put the second of its two Grail satellites into orbit around the Moon, where they will map its gravity in order to discover what lies beneath its surface.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonStone
Okay, so I take pictures through a telescope as a hobby. Tonight, we had a supermoon blue moon, so I took some video. Note that I only call it a UFO because I don't know what it is, so i'm not assuming it is alien or anything.

Hey, if this is one of the things I saw last night, thanks for catching one of them on film!

I was out having a smoke and looking at the big beautiful moon when a speck of moving light caught my attention. I only got excited to the point where I thought maybe I was catching a glimpse of the ISS. That was kind of cool, but then the thing quickly changed directions. This was when ANOTHER speck of light came into view. The first object seemed to be chasing the second object.

The second object changed directions even more quickly than the first one, and then I don't know where it went - just disappeared from my view.

I've seen hundreds, if not thousands of jets flying high the night sky, but these objects were way WAY up there.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There are lots of things up there. Birds, bats, moths and other beasties. If that thing on your camera was actually flying across the moon itself it would have to be at least 50-100 miles across, I'd imagine, and wouldn't it probably also be flying in a curve?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

But the object was not in focus. It was a blurry piece of blob, so could be something in the sky like even a bird.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
While watching the moon through a small telescope, I was fortunate enough to see a bat flying in front of it. I wish I could have taken a picture. Your object does not look like a bird or a bat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join