It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this flying over the Supermoon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Okay, so I take pictures through a telescope as a hobby. Tonight, we had a supermoon blue moon, so I took some video. Note that I only call it a UFO because I don't know what it is, so i'm not assuming it is alien or anything. But take a look, I caught this in several videos but I included two different video clips taken several minutes apart from one another. There are plenty more, but figured two would do. The object travels from right to left, but I got one clip where the same object travels left to right. I also noticed that the shape changes as it moves, as if it is in a roll or something. I'm open to suggestions...i'm just curious. If it has not appeared in more than one video, then I would have written it off as a fluke.

If the video doesn't appear then click this link www.youtube.com...

edit on 6-5-2012 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Have nothing to offer..other than if it is any where near the moon it would have to be hauling ass.

Peace

Maybe bugs flying in front of the camera..but why only one at a time would be my question.
edit on 6-5-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
the roll effect concludes to be a light refraction...is there a moon orbiter from nasa still there?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It would have to be orbiting pretty fast, as spav pointed out, this thing is cooking. I watched it through the eyepiece a while, it did appear to be in the moon's orbit. For the record, a 76mm reflector was used. Shutter speed was set on 1/50 using a moon filter on the camera piece. Even if there is a good explanation for it, gotta admit it is a nice picture even if I do say so myself

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
We all know it was Elliot & E.T.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Nice image.

These are seen often on videos of the moon.

99.9% chance its a satellite or Junk. Just to give you a clue, there are 20,000 pieces of junk and human made stuff orbiting the Earth. Chances are any time you look up to the Moon, one will go past.
Yes they travel East-West, North- South, West-East and all parts inbetween.

You can tell in the image, that the "UFO JUNK" is closer to the camera than it is to the moon.

Now if the object was to do a sharp angle turn or stop and reverse, and was glowing...then I'd be excited.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JonStone

it makes sense that if aliens wanted us to see them, they would at least show up infront of the moon at a significant moment like this.

hmmmm

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Bug ,bird,plane,space junk ,satilite,ufo, maybe you can still frame inhance ,increase size and make it into a negative to get a shape.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

when I watched your video over and over the object passes at different levels on different angles ?
on the first instance it passes quite high up and then the film changes and the same object is lower down ? using some craters as the Points. watch it over and you will see what I mean.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Gxn3w_4hOeg&feature=related
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

That's classic...or do a moon dust circle visible from earth.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Good film rare blue moon I have only seen one blue moon before.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It's too cloudy over here to see the moon. Moon is illuminating through the clouds though..

Nice catch and awesome video of the moon.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It is a "supermoon" but it isn't a blue Moon.
There are two definitions of a blue Moon. Neither one includes tonight's full Moon.

For more than half a century, whenever two full Moons appeared in a single month (which happens on average every 2 1/2 to 3 years), the second has been christened a "Blue Moon." In our lexicon, we describe an unusual event as happening "Once in a Blue Moon." This expression was first noted back in 1821 and refers to occurrences that are uncommon, though not truly rare.

www.farmersalmanac.com...

When a season contains four full Moons, the third is called a Blue Moon.

www.skyandtelescope.com...

Looks like birds or bats crossing the Moon to me.

edit on 5/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
olying bject changing shape or tumbling , bird flying or bug flying, my money on a bat or bird.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by psyclops777

I got several videos of the object, I selected two.

I used my astrophotography software to zoom in on a frame using the Mitchell factor, this is the shape that I came up with. Not a bat or bird, this same thing showed up in 6 different video captures...only difference being the angle of decent. My guess is space junk, or whatever. If it was not near the moon then I dont think it would have appeared in the same focus as the moon...I would have had to change focus to view it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

please check frames nearest the center of his lens ,they shound be the best in focus of this out of focus target then make into a negative.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonStone
If it was not near the moon then I dont think it would have appeared in the same focus as the moon...I would have had to change focus to view it.

Not necessarily

edit on 5/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'd say thats an interesting mystery for what it might actually be, but I don't think there is any chance it's something in orbit. One, it's moving REALLY fast for something that high up....I mean..in the 'eyeball popping'
variety really fast, if I'm not mistaken.

More though....when I pulled it up full screen at Youtube, something bothered me on the first run through. Looking again a few more times, this goes from appearing almost flat on to the camera to being edge on for angle and back again...at that same eye-popping speed if it's at that high ...and the size it would have to be... Well......

Maybe a big leaf a few miles closer to earth? It' kinda looks like a leaf on a night breeze with that edge on/off aspect?

If not a leaf...and a bird didn't look right... people have been seeing weird drones all over. Seems like every agency is going nuts with the new FAA permissions for playing with their drone toys all at once.. At least people talking about them sure is picking up a lot... Could that have been possible? Just ideas... Hmmm...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I work with my telescope every night, if it was any closer than it would not have appeared in focus from what I understand about optics. For example, I often focus out entire trees and still get a clear image of my target. It could be space junk, but whatever it is, it is in fact near the moon...i'm prone to believe it is just traveling quite fast and quite large in comparison to the supermoon. In either case, here is another image...it is centered around the lens and in a negative. Probably nothing, but I can't help but notice the glow around it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Ok so it is lucky to catch something pass in front of the moon. I seen it once. A satellite for sure. Thru my Celestron 8". It was spectacular. It looked different. It was sharper. Here is a google with pics of others who captured the same sorts of stuff. Some are clearly defined.

www.google.com...

Some may know this better than I, but I don't think typical satellites tumble like the image you captured does. They are aligned to the sun (solar cells) and to dishes on earth for communications or remote sensing of the surface. So my guess is junk tumbling in orbit. Two in one day, huh? Thats surely rare.

Edit: Or like Phage said ...bats. His last video shows that same "flapping" effect that doubles as "tumbling". Or owls. It is night time.

edit on 6-5-2012 by intrptr because: Additional...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join