It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delegates are not bound!!!! - according to Republican National Rules of 2008, 2010.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Yes, and its about time, as time is running out.

Paul won the majority of Delegates in Maine also!

www.bostonherald.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The much bigger issue here is that the RNC violated its rules by cooperating with Romney on the Obama advertisement. Seriously, the Republican Party leadership and Romney are into the same sort of "selective rule of law" as Obama is.

It's like flipping a coin - heads or tails and we lose; the only way we win is if the coin lands on its edge.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Because it isn't exactly true. Anyone could have worked to become a delegate including Romney supporters, if his supporters are so ardent and aren't just voting for "the best chance to beat Obama (ie not real Romney supporters)" then I think it could be argued that the Paul delegates are BETTER representing the will of the voters.

When you see vote counts on t.v., but you look around and only see Paul supporters putting work in and sticking around after the vote who deserves the representation? It's all subjective. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what they are doing especially since Paul supporters are playing a game rigged by the house.

I know it's becuase you guys have an agenda and stuff, but I wish people could put that aside and just say "yeah, in reality I know exactly why this is happening, it's obvious that corruption is there and that these other candidates don't represent the people at all"

There is no subversion of democracy! The voting system is the most ridiculous convoluted thing I have ever seen and this is the primaries we still have the electoral college and etc. There is no democracy in this system so he is playing the system against itself and has no worries of subverting democracy where there isn't any. The whole point of the system was to be able to manipulate it at a whim otherwise it would just be the most popular candidate wins.

Besides Paul delegates are giving these t.v. hypnotards better representation than they would as Romney delegates. Giving them what they want (rather than Romney just telling them what they want to hear).

edit on 6-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
But the "real people" have elected the delegates in the full knowledge & expectation that their man will vote the way they want them to vote ... i.e. for Romney.

Any deviation from that, to the extent of the deviation, is a cynical, crude & calculated subversion of democracy.

reflect that into the mirror on the wall, isn't the political system a crude and calculated subversion of democracy itself?.
It is hardly by the people for the people as it is supposed to be.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Even if Ron Paul does not take the nomination, his primary stage campaign is a huge victory for the American people. This is a major wake up call to the Republican Party to get back to its core values and even to the Democratic Party that the American people don't like the trend line in American policy, foreign and domestic.

No matter what happens, Dr. Paul is a star spangled American hero with a public service reputation second to none.

Even if he himself doesn't make it to the White House, one day, a Ron Paul supporter from the ranks will.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth
If Paul wins, through forcing the unbinding of delegates at least America will be represented correctly by the people who really know the issues and are willing to fight for their cause - not the millions of people across the country who are more interested in the X Factor.

Once again, this seems very elitist to me. Were the situation reversed, the Paul camp would be the ones screaming the loudest about the will of the people.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Even if Ron Paul does not take the nomination, his primary stage campaign is a huge victory for the American people. This is a major wake up call to the Republican Party to get back to its core values and even to the Democratic Party that the American people don't like the trend line in American policy, foreign and domestic.

No matter what happens, Dr. Paul is a star spangled American hero with a public service reputation second to none.

Even if he himself doesn't make it to the White House, one day, a Ron Paul supporter from the ranks will.

The GOP knows that republicans aren't happy with them and the Romney and Bush candidates they have been selecting.However, the GOP is not trying to please the individual republicans just like the DNC is not trying to please the individual democrats. Both the GOP and the DNC are trying to please the people that hold the money and those are the special interest groups and lobbyist. The GOP doesn't even care if they lose to Obama and the DNC doesn't care if they lose to Romney. The GOP and the DNC work together to make sure that both possible candidates (REP & DEM) are in the pockets of the lobbyist and special interest group. That is why they hate Ron Paul. Ron Paul is threatening to shrink the system and take away power from the special interests groups.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by UKTruth
If Paul wins, through forcing the unbinding of delegates at least America will be represented correctly by the people who really know the issues and are willing to fight for their cause - not the millions of people across the country who are more interested in the X Factor.

Once again, this seems very elitist to me. Were the situation reversed, the Paul camp would be the ones screaming the loudest about the will of the people.

What? You have got to be kidding! Paul and his people are the only ones playing by the rules and following decorum! Paul has not been slinging mud or cheating or doing any of the the things his opposition has been pulling! Sometimes I really do wish that Paul and his people would stoop to their levels and give them a really sound thrashing! Alas Paul and his supporters have way too much class to stoop to such things!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

You're right. I heard an interview on "Reality Check" with one of the Ron Paul comittee people and he made it very clear that what they are doing is to stay cool, know the rules and fight fair. No more felony politics, although he didn't put it quite that way.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
ok..ok. I am a RP supporter BUT
We need an investigation of all the RNC trying to not play fair.
The fake slates, extra ballots, the favoritism before the nomination is made, ect.
Directing people to the wrong place, changing times - it's been SO nasty.

What is this mysterious election board and where are they?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Please consider this info before deciding.

img.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-5-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

You make a valid point. Politics will not stop if Ron Paul is elected. There will still be issues.

Politics is a very complicated affair. It is easy to make blanket statements listing what a politician will do or won't do or what we can and cannot expect if a politician is elected. The reality is that Ron Paul will have to be watched every bit as carefully as any other politician. What he can and cannot do is contingent on many facts, the will of the people being one of them.

In the broadest possible way, Ron Paul is for changing the way America handles its monetary policy and defense spending priorties. He is not saying America should lay down its arms. He is saying let's let people in other countries solve their own problems in all cases where they do not directly affect American vital interests.

If I were American, and I'm not, he would get my vote on that platform plank, alone.

edit on 6-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

A quick read of the ideas of Mises, Friedman and to a lesser extent Hayek, would show most if not all of these items to be hugely beneficial to the economy and personal freedom.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
Please consider this info before deciding.

img.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-5-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

I don' know whether to call that misleading or just blatant lies. Paul is the best thing that has happened to politics in a very long time! What he is really about is taking the power away from those who use it to control all and give it back to the people! Nothing more, nothing less! Anything else you see and hear not following along that basic guideline is false prophecy, plain and simple!
edit on 6-5-2012 by ajay59 because: to amend

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I considered it for the time it took to read it - it's either complete BUNK or it's assuming those things, like the EPA, are working anyway.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Once again, what have you done on the ground to promote and support your candidate? Ron Paul people feel strongly enough about his candidacy to DO something about it. They do more than just push a few buttons and sit back and wait.

If other candidates had such a following Ron Paul supporters would not be taking the delegates by storm. The other candidates just do not have that passionate a following.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilkata

Oh yeah it's hugely beneficial to the top one percent, don't know about the rest of us. Please don't use Friedman, I am a not a fan. His policies enrich the oligarchy at the expense of everyone else.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Uhh... how can any of those be backed up? It twists many of what RP stands for.

Lets just take gun rights for example. RP is the HIGHEST rating candidate for pro-guns according to Gun Owners of America AND the NRA. A little research would also prove that he's pro-gun and ultimately pro-self defense. You can go to the NRA and GOA websites to see what i'm talking about.

I think people who feel the same way as your self should be doing more research and asking more questions before passing on judgement because just you saw a chart.
edit on 6-5-2012 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

then any delegate that wants to vote for Romney......can.
I don't think most delegates will change positions......

Its not about changing positions...

Romney only has a big money campaign (air force) as some people have put it on the MSM. Basically Romney is buying his way in.

Ron Paul has a huge ground force of real people. These people are active on the ground becoming delegates, and taking over chair positions and even state positions.

This could be the key which swings things to paul come the Tampa convention.

And OBAMA didn't buy his way in (actually his large donations in 08)?
Obama had the highest EVER donation base and I bet many of his large as legally allowed donations in 08 were by dead persons or those in prison.
Don't make this about buying into elections by Romney please.
I'd like to see Ron Paul win but the problem is unless Romney makes him a VP candidate we will only be wasting our votes 50-50 between Romney & Paul and the Dictator Obama will win again because Republicans are too busy trying to get 2 others in instead of 1 or the other!
I really hope Romney asks Paul to be VP for the good of the country and not who he wants to be his lapdog like Obama and Mr. Criminal as the people in Delaware & NJ know him to be!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by DelMarvel

Once again, what have you done on the ground to promote and support your candidate? Ron Paul people feel strongly enough about his candidacy to DO something about it. They do more than just push a few buttons and sit back and wait.

If other candidates had such a following Ron Paul supporters would not be taking the delegates by storm. The other candidates just do not have that passionate a following.

100% correct.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join