It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delegates are not bound!!!! - according to Republican National Rules of 2008, 2010.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

This is good.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

But the "real people" have elected the delegates in the full knowledge & expectation that their man will vote the way they want them to vote ... i.e. for Romney. Any deviation from that, to the extent of the deviation, is a cynical, crude & calculated subversion of democracy.

I'm not entirely unconvinced that there isn't massive voter fraud going on in order to ensure Romney's "victory" in some or all of these elections. It has been demonstrated that electronic voting machines can start off with negative votes on the side of the undesired candidate.

Because of this, it's possible that if Paul wins it will reflect the way the real "real people" would've voted were it not for the fraud. In which case it would not be a cynical subversion of the process but a heroic upholding of the people's real will.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I already responded to this video in at least 2 other threads.

So you just get a copy/paste reply.

Two points.

1) Rule 38 applies to "The Unit Rule" which tries to have all the delegates vote as a Unit for one candidate. Most states have at least one unbound delegate so "The Unit Rule" doesn't apply to them.

2) The delegates are bound by state rules and in most cases state laws. Most of them have to sign or pledge support under penalty of perjury. So the RNC rule only says that they are not going to enforce the binding of the delegates, however that doesn't release the delegate from the binding from their own state and it doesn't release them from their oath or pledge.

You will have people say that the RNC rules trump all others...but they simply don't...this rule is only saying that the RNC itself will not enforce the binding, it doesn't say it releases them from binding from their states...because it can't.

If anyone thinks the RNC has the power to over-rule state laws or legally pledged oaths...please explain how or where they get that power from.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Loving all of these great Ron Paul threads!

Ron Paul is raining on Romneys parade!

And you know he is a dark storm clould over Obama!

Ron Paul raining on Romney's parade

Mitt Romney may be getting all the splashy headlines in his march toward the Republican
National Convention in Tampa, Fla., but fellow Republican Ron Paul has been steadily fundraising,
visiting primary states, picking up delegates and gaining control of state party organizations.

Read more: www.upi.com...

www.upi.com...
edit on 6-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
do the paul cult members realize these delegates would be betraying the will of the voters they represent ?

why isn't that discussed more ?

and spare me the fraud thing, many people legitimatley voted for romney, gingrich, santorum etc etc etc

and lets say he manages to steal the nomination. the american people will see it for what it is, and he will have won the battle but lost the war, not just for himself, but for the party, because obama would beat him by 30 points

isn't that the type of "DS establishment" type tactic that paul supposedly is above ?

so is the hypocrisy ok if it's the guy you like ?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Update in Nevada: Ron Paul won 22/25 delegates, they've yet to unbind!!!

reply to post by syrinx high priest

Many states hold straw polls in which the popular vote is meaningless, and the citizenry actually have to participate in the process. Even in those states that chose delegates by straw poll, conventions are often an important part of the process.

Whether or not the caucus style election is favorable depends on how you value the average media-whelp compared to the actual supporters.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This just in... twitters exploding... Ron Paul took 22/25 delegates in nevada!

that means... Ron Paul WON NEVADA!

edit on 5/6/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Two points.

1) Rule 38 applies to "The Unit Rule" which tries to have all the delegates vote as a Unit for one candidate. Most states have at least one unbound delegate so "The Unit Rule" doesn't apply to them.

2) The delegates are bound by state rules and in most cases state laws. Most of them have to sign or pledge support under penalty of perjury. So the RNC rule only says that they are not going to enforce the binding of the delegates, however that doesn't release the delegate from the binding from their own state and it doesn't release them from their oath or pledge.

You will have people say that the RNC rules trump all others...but they simply don't...this rule is only saying that the RNC itself will not enforce the binding, it doesn't say it releases them from binding from their states...because it can't.

If anyone thinks the RNC has the power to over-rule state laws or legally pledged oaths...please explain how or where they get that power from.

Did you see that Paul wiped the floor with Romney in Nevada - 22 to 3 delegates.

Its happening all over the country - Romney is toast if there are rules that can unbind. Remains to be seen.

IN Nevada they are close to calling a motion to unbind and change the state rules

edit on 6/5/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/5/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Two points.

I must concede that for once you are right! Originally, the states had all the power. In 1871 or shortly before, When the corporation of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA was born they stole power from the states. I thought you were always FOR the staus quo?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I beg to differ. Romney has won far more States than any other candidate, Santorum and Gingrich voters will also most likely go for Romney as opposed to Paul. Romney gained 4 times as many votes as Paul did, and the majority of the delegates will not go against the will of those voters. Given the Paul propaganda here we're all led to believe that those voters for Romney are irrelevant, but they are not.

Romney has won a lot of delegates according to straw poll, but now that the caucuses are being held Ron Paul is winning the actual delegates that will goto Tampa Republican National Convention. Ron Paul has already won over 5 states on delegate count so he's now in the convention.

It's all about the delegates, and Ron Paul is winning actual delegates right now...

There are bound, and unbound delegates, Paul is winning many of both, so those delegate counts the MSM keep touting are wrong!

Yes but aren't the plenty of 'winner take all' states that Romney won? Where all the delegates are automatically given to him?

I'm rooting for Ron 1000% I just don't want to have my heart broken again

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Two points.

Thanks for the info..

Quick question: did you already know all of that? Or did you research it just recently, in wake of all this delegate talk and how it applies to Ron Paul's situation?

The former would be impressive. The latter quite telling..
edit on 6-5-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
But the "real people" have elected the delegates in the full knowledge & expectation that their man will vote the way they want them to vote ... i.e. for Romney.

Any deviation from that, to the extent of the deviation, is a cynical, crude & calculated subversion of democracy.

We don't live in a democracy.

We live in a Republic.

Republics purposefully set a system up which elects delegates who then really control the election.

In the Presidential primary the popular vote does not determine the winner either... it is the electoral college.

Ron Paul is using the system as it was designed, and there is nothing unfair about this. Romney has massive amounts of money for propaganda but no real ground level support. The will of the people is being carried out, if Romney had real people really supporting him he would be dominating and getting all the delegates.

This is reality unfolding... the MSM can spin and control the perception of the people, but they are in for an eye opener on how badly they are being lied to very soon, if they are not already seeing it.

The longer the MSM refuses to cover how well paul is doing, and what he is doing the worse it will be for the MSM.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You know what the problem is? Even if Romney doesn't have enough delegates and even if they have a convention fight or whatever it's called, somehow the people behind the scenes will find some way to steal it out of our hands and get their guy in there.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

But the "real people" have elected the delegates in the full knowledge & expectation that their man will vote the way they want them to vote ... i.e. for Romney. Any deviation from that, to the extent of the deviation, is a cynical, crude & calculated subversion of democracy.

I'm not entirely unconvinced that there isn't massive voter fraud going on in order to ensure Romney's "victory" in some or all of these elections. It has been demonstrated that electronic voting machines can start off with negative votes on the side of the undesired candidate.

Because of this, it's possible that if Paul wins it will reflect the way the real "real people" would've voted were it not for the fraud. In which case it would not be a cynical subversion of the process but a heroic upholding of the people's real will.

Absolutely correct.

Voter fraud was proved, state after state this year. There was fraud in too many ways to list... there was thread after thread on this earlier on ats, let me find Virt's summary thread: link.

Every state almost had voter fraud. Money can corrupt, but the reality is showing through now, the masses are turning out and becoming delegates so they can vote where it counts.... the RNC in Tampa.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
You know what the problem is? Even if Romney doesn't have enough delegates and even if they have a convention fight or whatever it's called, somehow the people behind the scenes will find some way to steal it out of our hands and get their guy in there.

More than likely true. But I have a feeling things are gonna get nasty. And you know what? The more momentum RP carries, and the more B.S. TPTB pull, the more apparent the corruption is. And every single day, people are learning the truth. The best victory is yet to come.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Dream on. This letter suggests otherwise. This election cycle Paul has managed to garner a whopping 11% of the vote where people are actually allowed to vote. Yet in a place like Louisiana Paul gets over 50% of the delegates when he got only 6% of the vote. That's pathetic.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Dream on. This letter suggests otherwise. This election cycle Paul has managed to garner a whopping 11% of the vote where people are actually allowed to vote. Yet in a place like Louisiana Paul gets over 50% of the delegates when he got only 6% of the vote. That's pathetic.

You can post whatever you want or any lies you want, the truth is showing up daily. The delegates are unbound according to the rules at the convention and Paul will win because he is the people's choice! Everyone is seeing this weather the MSM covers it or not!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This goes to show that the RNC can be as corrupt as the DNC when they don't get their way. The RNC needs to listen to the people who are voting. You wonder why no one trusts government.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

There has been obvious mass voter fraud... Ron Paul getting less votes in areas where he has an even larger following now than in 2008??? Wake up!

The stories keep rolling in of ways in which they altered the results.

This is not pathetic, this is people getting mad and fighting back!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I want to see the debates between ron paul vs obama already!. Come on powers that be. I am aware this is a game. Let's have some fun and watch some real drama unfold!

Ill have my popcorn ready. Wish romney would just drop out of the race and declare paul the winner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join