It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHART: Economy Has Recovered All Private Sector Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

1. The sub-prime mortgage crisis screwed up the economy

2. Nobody saw it coming. Where the heck where United States Senators Clinton, Edwards, Kerry, Biden and Obama? Where was their great foresight? I don't recall any pieces of legislation sponsored by any of them to fix the thing before it exploded.

3. TARP and the Stimulus had a good shot at fixing things, but it clearly wasn't enough.

4. Where has Obama been on this issue after the passage of the Stimulus? It's like he made a conscious decision that 'this is it, this is going to fix it, even if it doesn't fix it, it fixed it.' He blew an entire year on the healthcare debacle and has just complained ever since.

5. This growth is too darn slow, there's no way around that. It is going to take years and years to get back to 2007 at this rate, even from this starting point. And, btw, I know people use this fact as an excuse for Obama but that's awful reasoning. Obama does not represent the benchmark of performance. We wouldn't accept this level of growth from anyone else and we shouldn't accept it from him.

6. All of history does not break down into 'The Right causes problems and the Left fixes them.' It doesn't break down vice versa either. We elected a big spender to kick start the economy and he's proven incapable of managing it. Now we need a manager who's experienced in turning things around, that's Romney. Not my favorite guy in the world, but he's running closer to Obama than many like to admit and he's going to win many millions of votes in November.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yes we need more people working for the government until it becomes impossible to reverse the trend because, the majority of the voters work for the government. Why would they vote themselves out of jobs? We can keep printing money until 1 dollar is worthless.
We need unions going to threaten businesses into paying employs more money and adding to the inflation rate. Eighty dollars an hour to put lug nuts on a car.
So we can’t compete with foreign car companies in new car sales

edit on 7-5-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Sadly the populus here doesn't listen to logic. Obama is the boogeyman and your chart is bullocks. Lol

Obama 2012.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Seriously? Posting something from "Thinkprogress" (Left wing activists) that supports an argument for the left is like posting something from "The Heritage Foundation" to support an argument for the right. Complete spin and nothing else - this is the biggest problem with this administration, they attempt at every turn to re-write history.

Let's look at some REAL numbers, shall we? How about this: www.livetradingnews.com... - NOTE: this is NOT a news site with an agenda, nor is this a site that is political in nature, and has only ONE agenda - to help stock traders know what the TRUTH is - it is not used by anyone else except stock traders (that means the guy in your little small town who handles your investments - NOT the big wall street traders, who already have all this inside info.
This site givevs you a peek at the REAL unemployment numbers (the secretive "U-6" number) - it shows that unemployment in the US is actually 13%, not 8% as has been widely touted by this administration AS WELL AS showing that the figure for people working is the lowest since 1981 - before the Reagan Revolution and the advent of Supply Side Economics. Given this information, you can now see how skewed and "politicized" the chart the Op posted is - again, NOT shocking given the "source" of the chart.

EPIPHANY TIME - if you ONLY look at what YOUR "side" is saying, you are extremely vulnerable to their SPIN on reality. DO SOME RESEARCH OF YOUR OWN - don't just blindly believe what you're being told !

EXAMPLE: Those on the left believe that this administration is kind, benevolent and caring - what if I told you that this President thinks that its okay for CHILDREN to be drafted into military service, in fact, what if I told you that he thinks its not only okay - but in the NATIONAL DEFENSE INTERESTS OF THE US that African Countries be able to use CHILDREN to fight wars ?
What would it take for you to believe me? How about a link to Fox News? NO? That wouldn't make you believe me? Why? Because they're not a reliable source of information because of their right wing bias? (LIKE THE OP DID WITH the "Think Progress" link?)
Okay then - how about a link directly to the White House website with the actual document (Presidential Determination) exempting several African Countries from the "Child Soldier Protection Act" - established to ensure that the US would NEVER support ANY Country that chose to draft and use children to fight their wars.

Here you are then - www.whitehouse.gov...

Is this STILL the administration you THOUGHT you knew? This SINGLE Presidential "Signing Statement" (that this President SAID he would never use) is only ONE of SCORES of such determinations that you won't hear about on the "news".

This President is NOT who you think he is - he believes in things that you don't believe in, unless of course you believe that children SHOULD be fighting wars in Africa with YOUR tax dollars. Certainly you have to explain to me why MY tax dollars are flowing to Countries that believe its okay, at THIS PRESIDENT'S BEHEST - he has okayed it !

DON'T FOLLOW ANY "PARTY" BECAUSE YOU FEEL PART OF A "GROUP" - DO SOME RESEARCH !

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TSZodiac

Let's look at some REAL numbers, shall we? How about this: www.livetradingnews.com...

Some interesting figures from that report:

The average work week for all workers held at 34.5 hours.

The underemployment rate, that includes part- time workers who prefer a full-time position, and people who want work but have given up looking held at 14.5%.

The number of temporary workers increased 21,100. Payroll at temporary-help agencies often slow as companies seeing a steady increase in demand take on permanent staff.

Transportation and warehousing, government agencies and construction all cut jobs in April.

The participation rate, which indicates the share of working-age people in the labor force, fell to 63.6%, the lowest since December 1981, from 63.8%.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You know, I think it's kinda funny that without even looking around at your fellow man, you think that the job numbers are better, and also that you think census results are credible in any way shape or form. Your government is broken, and I still find it kinda funny/disturbing whenever I see that someone actually still believes in their "perpetuate the empire" press releases.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Actually - there was ONE person in power who warned us the economic crisis/mortgage bubble/housing fiasco was coming....and everyone called him a Loon and laughed at him. That man was RON PAUL:

(1) Predictions (on the House Floor and IN THE RECORD) from 2002:
www.youtube.com...
(2) Discussing the "coming economic crisis" of 2008 - in the 2007 Republican Presidential Debates....notice
please how the OTHER candidates (including Romney and McCain) smirk and laugh as he's TRYING to warn us !
www.youtube.com...
(3) Again, on the House Floor - in 2007, nearly a year before the Poo hit the fan !
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes - more truths that you will NEVER see in the MSM, and - notice please - that as soon as some "truth" is posted on this thread, it disappears from the Home Page.....Interesting, N'est Pas?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSZodiac
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes - more truths that you will NEVER see in the MSM, and - notice please - that as soon as some "truth" is posted on this thread, it disappears from the Home Page.....Interesting, N'est Pas?

That's a good point.

I swear they read comments and then edit the stories.

That's the beauty of internet manipulation !

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

I meant real figures as in "actual numbers"...as it goes, numbers are abstract metaphors, so we could be using Roman numerals, Mayan twenty-count dots and dashes or pictures of dandelions representing 27.5.

Real figures was meant to mean something to chew on as opposed to a "U" graph that leads one to think that we've come back to where we've started.

I'm sick of people who are so blinded by this false-ego-trip of party affiliation that they can't see the forest because of stupid trees like this graph.

I knew it was a mistake to use "100,000"...I just wanted a starting point. I didn't mean to imply (obviously, I'm not an idiot) that there were ONLY 100,000 jobs in the US...wow, gives new meaning to 99%...99% unemployment...

Clearly I was adding the real figures the graph showed (if it did show real figures, it just gives you tick marks for each thousand and leaves the reader to guestimate where exactly that month's figures were plotted, which I did as best I could). The graph showed no gain of jobs. And it's not as if we can compare jobs directly. It's not as if John Smith's job as a pipe-fitter or welder being loss can then be cross canceled by John Q. Publics job as an account's payable clerk being created. I mean, that's talking in real abstractions.

But I digress...the graph showed a total (that's what cumulative basically means) loss of jobs per month from Jan 09 to two months ago. Sure, sure, I get it, jobs were created and they were lost and each month there were more lost than gained.

In the end, what I'm trying to say is that I don't really blame Obama...how could you? He's one person. But it's silly to use manipulative graphs like this, where the title of the post and the title of the graph do not coincide.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
chart this

wizbangblog.com... ole-truth/

Text
Obama’s job creation record – the whole truth

January 14, 2012 | Filed under 2012 Presidential Race,Barack Obama,Economics,Employment | Posted by Michael Laprarie

Undoubtedly over the next few months we will hear the Obama campaign repeat the claim he made last week during a visit to the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – 3.2 million jobs have been created in the last 22 months, including nearly 2 million last year. In Democratic party propaganda, you’ll often find claims like this paired with data from George W. Bush’s presidency, suggesting that three years into Bush’s first term, he had presided over a loss of 3.2 million jobs.

It’s technically true that according to adjusted statistics, there have been over 3 million new hires across both the public and private sector. But that didn’t happen in a vacuum. What the Obama Campaign wants to avoid at all costs is a discussion of the full state of the current labor market.

First and foremost, although the President and the mainstream media are celebrating our new “low” 8.5% unemployment rate (still over 50% higher than average unemployment during the Bush Administration), that number is strongly dependent on seasonal hires for the holidays, and the continuing shrinkage of the labor pool. Right now, the number of Americans 16 and older who have jobs stands at 58.5%, the lowest it has been since 1983.

Further, over a million eligible workers have given up and stopped looking for work since 2008. If our current unemployment rate were recalculated using the size of the labor pool from December 2007 (62.7%) we would have an unemployment rate of 11%.

The reason why so many have given up is our dismal long-term unemployment situation, which is now the worst since the Great Depression. Right now, over 45% of jobless Americans have been unemployed for six months or longer.

Other unemployment statistics remain equally grim. The U6 unemployment rate, which measures the unemployed plus the underemployed who are still actively seeking employment, stands at nearly 16%. The unemployment rate among teens is hovering around 25%. The unemployment rate among blacks remains steady at 16%, with over 40% unemployment among black youths.

Now let’s look at “job creation” via Obama’s $850 billion Stimulus plan. Although the Administration claimed “2 million jobs created or saved” by the Stimulus in 2009, further analysis showed that most of the money invested by the government went toward subsidies to keep existing workers on government payrolls, rather than toward new hires. One widely publicized study reduced the number of ‘created or saved’ government jobs to 450,000, with a concurrent reduction in the private labor market of over 1 million jobs.

Other studies have shown that, instead of inspiring state and local governments to undertake new projects and hire more unemployed workers, the bulk of Stimulus money was used to pay for projects already on the books that were completed by workers already on state or local government payrolls. Government contractors in the private sector were asked to buy unnecessary equipment and complete jobs inefficiently, in order to cook statistics and make it appear that a great deal of money was being quickly spent on Stimulus projects.

Finally, adding insult to injury in the employment market, only 42% of private firms that received Stimulus grants or contracts actively sought to hire the unemployed; the rest simply used the money to poach workers from competitors. 47% of workers hired for Stimulus-funded jobs were already employed at other similar jobs.

According to generally accepted statistics, the US labor market shed 8.5 million jobs during this most recent recession. Assuming that we indeed added 3.2 million Americans to public and private sector payrolls during the last two years, we are still far, far behind in terms of economic recovery. And when you factor in all the above details - the number of workers poached from private sector jobs by Stimulus subsidies, the percentage of long-term unemployed (which is not improving), the millions who have given up looking for work and have dropped out of the available labor pool – it becomes obvious that there has been no recovery at all, at least in terms of employment.

And Barack Obama desperately wants to make sure that you don’t understand that.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
That is absolutely the most ludicrous thing that I have heard in a while...that the economy has recovered all private sector jobs since Obama took office...if you believe that you are seriously deluded or heavily fluoridated! Why don't you try telling that to all the people that are still unemployed (through no fault of their own), not to mention the millions upon millions of people (last I heard it was over 6 or 7 million, may be more now) who have exhausted all unemployment benefits and have fallen off the unemployment books (otherwise known as 99'ers), as well as all those who have lost their homes due to losing a job. I'm sure all of them will be pleased to know that the economy has recovered so much...I guess they're all unemployed because they want to be. Yeah Obama is such a hero, nice try though....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 1yearning2bfree

wizbangblog.com... -bridge-repairs-for-a-second-time/

Text
Obama Lies About Ohio Bridge Repairs For a Second Time

May 4, 2012 | Filed under 2012 Presidential Race,Barack Obama,Big government,corruption,Culture Of Corruption,Democrats,Economics,Liberals,Media,Obama Regime | Posted by Warner Todd Huston

Apparently Obama and his administration operate under that old, underhanded adage that if you tell a lie long enough and loud enough it becomes “truth” because Obama has done it again by lying about how his jobs bill was to have been instrumental in the repairs of bridges that span the Ohio River.

Back in September President Obama had another one of his campaign rallies disguised as a press conference in downtown Cincinnati in front of the Brent Spence Bridge, a span that connects Ohio and Kentucky. At that time he claimed that his jobs bill and stimulus money was to pay for much needed repairs on the bridge. Afterward, newspaper fact-checkers in Cincy as well as Washington DC noted that Obama’s claims were simply untrue, no stimulus money was going to any of the bridges over the Ohio river, much less the Brent Spence.

The scolding of the media doesn’t seem to have deterred Obama, however, for this week he’s done it again. Lied about how his stimulus money and jobs bill cash was to go to repair bridges across the river.

Back in September, the Washington Post’s Fact Checker blog gave Obama its Three Pinocchios rating for his false claims. Today the WaPo has upped the ante giving Obama’s claims four Pinocchios for his newest assertions, this time campaign rhetoric that Republicans are making the bridges unsafe by blocking his big spending plans.

On April 30 in remarks made at a D.C. conference of the AFL-CIO’s Building and Construction Trades Department, Obama made the direct claim that Republicans “said no” to his jobs bill and this, he said, was making the bridges across the Ohio unsafe. At the conference he said:

I sent them a jobs bill that would have put hundreds of thousands of construction workers back to work repairing our roads, our bridges, schools, transit systems, along with saving the jobs of cops and teachers and firefighters, creating a new tax cut for businesses. They said no. I went to the Speaker’s hometown, stood under a bridge that was crumbling. Everybody acknowledges it needs to be rebuilt. Maybe he doesn’t drive anymore. Maybe he doesn’t notice how messed up it was. They still said no. There are bridges between Kentucky and Ohio where some of the key Republican leadership come from, where folks are having to do detours an extra hour, hour-and-a-half drive every day on their commute because these bridges don’t work. They still said no.”

But is any of this true? The WaPo says no. The Post fact-checker said he understood the need for symbolism but that need “does not give a president license to stretch the facts.”

Obama’s lies this time were even more egregious than those of last September. Last time Obama simply made vague claims that he was going to fix the Brent Spence Bridge — claims that were not true as his federal money outlays were not going to that bridge in the first place.

But this time he’s gone full-on liar-liar with his campaign rhetoric that the Republicans have actually blocked funding that was to go to bridge repairs.

In his remarks to the union thugs, Obama alluded to a bridge that “won’t work” implying that it has been shut down. The only bridge across the Ohio that fits this description is the Sherman Milton Bridge that connects Indiana and Kentucky near Louisville. A crack was discovered in that bridge last year but, as it happens, it was discovered that this crack had been there since 1962. Further, the bridge was quickly repaired and none of Obama’s jobs bill money or stimulus cash was used.

As the WaPo notes, “While Obama claimed ‘these bridges don’t work,’ the Sherman Milton Bridge has already been repaired, ahead of schedule, and motorists are driving over it again.”

Finally, Obama’s claim that it was only Republicans that blocked his jobs bill is also simply untrue. The bill he was touting at the time had bipartisan opposition and couldn’t even get past his Democrat controlled Senate.

The WaPo concludes:

Calling out the Republicans at the Brent Spence bridge was bad enough, given the bipartisan support for its reconstruction. But pointing to the Sherman Milton Bridge, which already has been repaired without funding from the president’s jobs bill, is ridiculous.

Perhaps the president was using outdated talking points, but that’s little excuse. Given that the president earned Three Pinocchios before, we have little choice but to up the ante this time.

Once again we see a president that makes outright false claims over and over again imagining that if he just says the lies enough people won’t notice that he’s lying any more. Still, Obama does know one thing. He knows that most news outlets will uncritically report his words as “news” without noting where he is lying and voters will hear his fantasy “facts” and imagine that he is telling them the truth.

In that case, he’s right. All he has to do is tell any lie he wants and most of the time his words will be taken as fact whether they are or not. Bloomberg, for one, never noted that Obama lied in its report. Neither did ABC News. And neither did the National Journal which happily noted Obama’s attacks on Republicans but didn’t note his lies. In fact, only the WaPo Fact-Checker noted his outright lies at the union event. Many other followed suit reporting Obama’s words as if his claims were legitimate political points.

As Obama’s preceding ideological father once said, “A lie told often enough becomes the truth.”

<< 7  8  9   >>

join