It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHART: Economy Has Recovered All Private Sector Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
well, there are a lot of people who had to take lower paying jobs and part time jobs. These all count as a jobs and when a person has two part time jobs that is two job creations that were filled. Just a way of making things look better than they are. These aren't lies they are deceptive tactics. Our Economy is based on belief, to work people must believe in it. "The devil would have you believe a lie". The devil isn't necessarily bad, just deceitful

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Are "cooked books the best Obama supporters can come up with? I would say this example was a major FAIL! Charts showing manipulated numbers to paint the impostor in a positive light! You want to really do something for your guy? How about finding that illusive BC that he and his people can not seem to come up with!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Are "cooked books the best Obama supporters can come up with? I would say this example was a major FAIL! Charts showing manipulated numbers to paint the impostor in a positive light! You want to really do something for your guy? How about finding that illusive BC that he and his people can not seem to come up with!

America lost 700,000 in Jan 09

This last month is was a gain of 115,000

that is a net plus of 815,000

Did you fail math?

Or do you like to be a diluted liar?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

I live in a small suburb of Kansas City and I shop almost daily for groceries and what not, and I can tell you personally that in the 1 mile radius that I shop there are at least seven help wanted signs.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
CHART: Economy Has Recovered All Private Sector Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office

As of April, there are now more private sector jobs in the United States than there were in January 2009, when President Obama took office. You read that right. We have now replaced all of the private sector jobs lost while Obama has been president. And that was no mean feat, given that over the course of 2009, the private sector shed about 4.2 million jobs.

Unfortunately, the news is not nearly so good when it comes to the public sector, where there are currently 607,000 fewer people working than there were when President Obama took office.

Saying that Obama ruined the economy is becoming a harder and harder sell each day.

So, if my memory is correct, Obama ran on a platform that basically said, "Bush was sooooooooooo bad. Just look at how horrible the economy is and how few jobs are left. Just look!"

And you are saying that because we are back to where we started, when things were soooooooo bad, is a good thing?

If things got so bad that getting back to when Bush left office is a good thing then things must have really sucked for the past 3.5 years eh

Oh wait, they did.

Thanks for reminding me.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

I live in a small suburb of Kansas City and I shop almost daily for groceries and what not, and I can tell you personally that in the 1 mile radius that I shop there are at least seven help wanted signs.

Horsecrap. Unless you are talking about pools hiring teenagers for life-guards or to work at Worlds of Fun there aren't many signs at all.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yeah, anyone can pick and choose particular graphs and statistics that the government loves to throw to the masses. However, one of the most important charts that can't be fixed by .gov is labor force participation. Wonder why the unemployment % has been steadily dropping? The answer is because thousands upon thousands of people have been dropping out of the count.........

www.zerohedge.com...

We have the lowest levels of workforce participation in 30 years.

There are currently over 100,000,000 people of working age in the United States who do not hold jobs.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
People please get over your beloved republicans and democrats.

You think one is gonna save you from the other

WAKE UP!!

These two are tag teaming the american middle class right off the cliff!

BTW remove the "L" from BLS because that is the only thing that comes from those people ...
edit on 6-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I am by no means a Republican, nor Democrat. What I find interesting in the graph provided by blackmarketeer is that when both houses of congress were taken over by Dems in the 2006 election is when the collapse of the economy started. that is when the "progressives" ie Pelosi and Reid hijacked the US economy. It was not until the Republicans were back in control of the House in 2010 election that the recovery actually began.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives
Re instating Gung Ho Corporatist policies, is a stupid way to recover from the
effects of Gung Ho Corporatist policies.

The GOP and trickle down crowd know very well that the public easily forgets
the build up to this little party we now bask in, it is simple.

Isn't it neato that the corporatists engineered this mess, they got paid from it,
then they use it again to slash benefits (which resulted form their actions)
they use it to crush unions and they use it to get more tax breaks.

My American Conservative friends have got to be part of the lowliest minded
human beings on the planet not to detect this common theme.
edit on 6-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

How about you offer up some evidence supporting your assertions rather than parroting the liberal talking points you see on MSNBC shows?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

G'holly sarg if a chart on an unbiased website says so it must be true. Shazaam!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Instead of working a real career it is now one person working at kmart and mcdonalds to make up for that lost career job. One real job gets transferred into two minimum wage slave jobs.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Isn't it neato that the corporatists engineered this mess, they got paid from it,

How about you offer up some evidence supporting your assertions rather than parroting the liberal talking points you see on MSNBC shows?

Oh wait, so conservatives haven't used this crisis to call for more tax cuts, destroy unions
and layoff public workers???

I'll be damned, you are full of it

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Even if the charts were correct, with the amount of debt the American taxpayer has encored during the Obama administration there should be a millionaire on ever block in every neiborhood. It makes me want to puke. Call in the sand man I am sick of this song and dance. Kids cannot even enter the work force because people who thought they were going to retire are taking their jobs at McDonalds. Trillions of dollars to bail out banks and they can’t cut a break because someone is a payment late on their house. The big wheels that run the bank take a million dollar vacation paid for by someone that just lost their home. Those shovel ready jobs aren’t quite shovel ready but we spend one million dollars to bring high-speed internet to a town where three people subscribe. Don’t forget the millions that have gone to business that file chapter eleven after getting all that free government money. I don’t care what chart you pull up, this is the worst president in history. He wanted us to be more like Europe and man did he get his wish. Welcome to the EU
edit on 7-5-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
fin... ance.townhall.com/columnists/bobbeauprez/2011/07/08/obamas_stimulus_waste_$7_million_per_house_on_internet_access/page/full/

Text
Jeffry Eisenach and Kevin Caves of Navigant Economics, a financial and economic analysis and consulting firm looked at the results of Obama's rural broadband expansion efforts. The results aren't very pretty.

The Navigant analysts evaluated programs in three areas: Southwestern Montana, Northwestern Kansas, and Northern Minnesota that received Stimulus funds to extend broadband access to homes currently lacking service.

According to their report, it cost on average $349,234 per household.

But, it gets worse.

In the Montana region, there were actually a number of providers, including wireless, that already provided service in the area.

Eisenach and Caves found that if 3G wireless was included, only seven households in the entire region could be considered to be without any option for access. Thus, the cost to extend access to those seven homes was about $7 million each.

Like Einstein said of insanity, this was doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

According to the Eisenach and Caves, "Prior investigations have shown that RUS' broadband subsidy programs were not cost effective, and often funded duplicative coverage in areas already served by existing programs."

But, Obama funded it anyway – and sent American taxpayers the bill.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
With all this recovered jobs malarkey, normal people would wonder why the housing market remains way way down ?

If the recovered jobs were so great, why is nobody buying houses again ?

Interest rates are certainly low enough to make any normal full time job income qualify.

Jobs got lost, then jobs get recovered.
But I think something got lost in the shuffle....

And why does the foreclosure rate keep climbing ?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

NEW YORK (MainStreet) – Robert Shiller, co-creator of the Case-Shiller home price index, says that while U.S. housing prices have likely hit bottom, it will take a generation to make up the home values lost in the past five years.

www.mainstreet.com...

Some people are just in denial things have never been worse in this country.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
blog.heritage.org... in-pictures/

Text
What’s driving Obama’s unprecedented massive deficits? Spending. Riedl details:
•President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008. President Obama would add another $1 trillion.
•President Bush began a string of expensive finan­cial bailouts. President Obama is accelerating that course.
•President Bush created a Medicare drug entitle­ment that will cost an estimated $800 billion in its first decade. President Obama has proposed a $634 billion down payment on a new govern­ment health care fund.
•President Bush increased federal education spending 58 percent faster than inflation. Presi­dent Obama would double it.
•President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already in­creased this spending by 20 percent.
•President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers. President Obama would continue that trend.

•President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.

UPDATE: Many Obama defenders in the comments are claiming that the numbers above do not include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. They most certainly do. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is included in the numbers above. Also, some Obama defenders are claiming the graphic above represents biased Heritage Foundation numbers. While we stand behind the numbers we put out 100%, the numbers, and the graphic itself, above are from the Washington Post. We originally left out the link to WaPo. It has now been added

4.9 trillion dollars of public debt just passed through the hands of a junior senator and community organizer from Chicago.
Good going guys, nowlet’s get out there, vandalize, and protest. We can show the world we don’t need any respect for our own country.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Oh wait, so conservatives haven't used this crisis to call for more tax cuts, destroy unions
and layoff public workers???

I'll be damned, you are full of it

Actually those would be good things, genius. Public workers are paid how? Taxes. How many public workers do we need sitting around playing solitaire and taking two-hour lunches?

Unions are good for what, exactly? Besides pilfering your pension money to fund extravagant trips for union bosses, I mean.

Lower taxes are good, too. Lower taxes actually create higher tax revenue. I know that doesn't compute inside your liberal head, but that's the fact, jack.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Not going to read every post here. However, jobs are paying less then ever. So what if there are more actual jobs, when many of the middle class type of jobs are no longer there. There is little room to move up now, and the country is losing its middle class.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join