It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHART: Economy Has Recovered All Private Sector Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The news is also reporting job growth. Hate to say it but it's still horses***. I know exactly why this would be IN THE SUMMER, it's called agricultural/seasonal jobs, most of which only potheads, ex-prisoners, and illegals take those jobs, however now there are more people like me taking them because well, it's the only ones that don't just throw out apps from people who've been extendedly unemployed...making them unemployable...well in the eyes of business owners big and small, and oh lets not forget mcdonalds and wal mart who also will employ anybody, but you need to go on welfare in all cases just to get by. I'd like to see those statistics...oh wait...they're out there they are called "Underemployed statistics"...Someone needs to learn to google.

Better yet let's just see a breakdown of each job sector in those statistics.

edit on 6-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: edit for spelling and add

edit on 6-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by duality90
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

What is the source of this? I think it's moronic to claim it was all because of Obama, but there is no doubt that some industries have not yet recovered - the legal industry, for instance. This is pretty much the worst time to become a lawyer or enter the industry ... ever.

Things are still not as they were.

With that being said, I should make clear that I think the Republican plans for the federal budget and spending would be dangerous in decreasing aggregate demand and possibly pushing us back into recession like in Britain, where the gov't there embarked on a serious plan to cut spending, as the Republicans here want to do, but on a massively larger scale. It has kept interest rates low on bonds, but has also meant that growth has been pitiful.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The number of bugs has increased in 3 years is that obamas responsibility as well? Correlation does not equal causation.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

The author and creator of the chart is Michael Linden, private_sector_jobs.html, based on Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Well there ya go. Statistics from the very government that Obama is in charge of, at the moment! Enough said!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I don't know why but I'd think lawyers were a growing industry. At least criminal law and civil suit lawyers should be growing statistically because I know there's a lot more crime today then say in 2008, and I sure as heck am trying to figure out ways to get supllemental income by trying to find a civil suit to start, everytime a car gets to close to me while I am in a car I am like Hit us so I can sue and have lots of money.
Maybe I can fall in Winn Dixie's parking lot or store on a wet spot and sue...I would think lawyers would be very busy in this economy.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i could post a chart of the number of Americans in this thread that don't believe the OP's chart.

i want good news as much as the next guy but really, really?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm not American, so I don't really know an awful lot about your economy or jobs...but here's something ill try and regurgitate from The Alyona Show:

5 million people have dropped out the labour movement, a statistic that effects your overall job statistics, its because they have not taken that into account that it appears your number of jobless has decreased.

The number of people not in the labour movement it at its all time highest, ever.

ETA: Also the number of people on disability has increased from 7.something to 8.something million since 2007...

There is a clear corrolation between finacial hardship of recent years to this increase of social claiments.

People who were disabled and worked, decided to give up through loosing jobs and the inabilty to find new work, secondly there wages are long longer enough to support them.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by snusfanatic

1) The Republicans screw up the economy.
2) Fed up with Republicans, Americans elect Democrats to fix the economy.
3) Republicans blame Democrats for not cleaning up the Republican mess quickly enough.
4) Democrats eventually fix the economy. Republicans ignore the recovery, and run on abortion, guns and gay marriage.
5) Americans forget how bad the economy was and who caused it. They elect Republicans again.

Repeat at step 1 ...

The Republicans had nothing to do with the housing bubble, which was created by Democrats (specifically Clinton and Obama before he became president). They also had nothing to do with 9/11, which caused the economy to tank. Democrats have been in charge since 2006, so you can;t keep blaming the GOP for all the problems created by Democrats.

Your problem is watching too much MSM, which seems dedicated to keeping Democrats elected and Republicans out of office. It's also pretty hilarious how ATS members so willingly accept propaganda when it's pro-Democrats propaganda. This chart comes from a site that's pretty clearly biased in favor of Obama's re-election.
edit on 6-5-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

Every "bad' mortgage was issued while a Republican was in the White House. How many CDO's that are being challenged were created after 2008 or before 2001? None. The facts completely go against your assertion. I believe the chart to be valid. There are as many Americans working in the private sector as when Obama was elected. That doesn't mean however that the jobs are as good as the ones they replaced still that doesn't mean the chart is a lie.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

This post belongs in the Hoax section.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow jobs for everyone and no more rising oceans. . . LOL

www.youtube.com...

Ol' Barry cracks me up!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
And more “OH IT’s Great” propaganda from the book cookers. Everyone knows it is BS. I just lost my Job last week. And NO I will not be running to the entitlements trough to ask for free hand outs. I will survive and make do. I will make a job if I have to and it will be to no credit of Obama. Amateur hour is over at the WH let a real businessman drive. This administration criticized Bush for spending 4Trillion in 8 years and Obama called him unpatriotic. WELL congratulation –This guy just spent 6 Trillion in 3 years.
There are so many moves being made by this Admin. To take away our rights…… All I can say is .. You like it…. You eat it. Don’t try feeding it to us.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

According to the BLS these do not include farm jobs. Again, the sources for the figures are the Bureau of Labor Statistics, May 4 2012, and as mentioned in the charts "seasonally adjusted".

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Gas prices peaked under Bush. The only thing that caused it to drop was the economic collapse.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

And do you think Republicans will improve that? They want to eliminate the Minimum Wage, slash benefits and shift the tax burden even further onto the working class. You're now competing in a labor force that includes near-slave wages from China, India, and Mexico. Republicans are trying to push through a "territorial tax" in the Ryan budget that would cause a massive move to outsource jobs since it rewards companies to shift their 'profits' to offshore locales;

Another idea that Ryan’s budget borrows from Camp’s proposal is the introduction of a “territorial” tax system, which is a euphemism for exempting the offshore profits of U.S. corporations from the corporate income tax.

A territorial system would increase the existing incentives for U.S. corporations to move their operations offshore or use accounting gimmicks to make their U.S. profits appear to be “foreign” profits generated in offshore tax havens.

The GOP has done everything in it's power to suppress wages, and hinder job growth in America. They are at this point seeking only to reward the wealthiest of the wealthy.

ETA: source for excerpt:
Ryan Budget Plan Would Cut Income Taxes for Millionaires by at Least $187,000 Annually and Facilitate Corporate Tax Avoidance
edit on 6-5-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
OP, got any bridges for sale?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Everythings great here . Hiring every week and more factories opening. 2 large buildings going up a few miles from me. But don't tell anybody

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This one is very easy to discount. I suppose we are supposed to reward someone that constantly scores a D on economic performance?

The chart shows that the number of private sector jobs has increased every month since 2010 what it doesn't say is that it would be nearly impossible for it not to and that the rate of private sector job increases has been consistently underwhelming and not able to keep up with the entry of new people in to the workforce. Therefore the unemployment rate has continually been high (whole other discussion on how they fake that number).

The other side of this is that Obama and the Democrats had 100% power from 2008 to 2010. Look at the chart. See that massive decline - that is the equivalent of forgetting how to write your own name on the SAT. The Republicans took over in 2010 and put an end to the unrestrained economic suicide and now Obama wants to claim their resistance as his victory?

Come on. I hate these stupid games... If you want to use these charts peddle them to someone that hasn't actually lived through and suffered from this presidency.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

How many crap charts do you guys have? I suppose this is the highest price of gas in the nation under Bush (somewhere in the desert or an island) compared to the lowest price in the nation under Obama (next door to a refinery)?

You act as though we haven't been buying gas two and three times a week every week for the last 4 years and having to budget for $3 and $4 gas under Obama. We didn't do that prior to Obama. Gas prices were never that high under Bush here except when a major pipeline burst and everyone started panic buying like it was the end of the world and gas stations started price gouging.

The gas prices under Obama were never that low for us and I don't remember the stated goal of the energy department under Bush to push gas prices over $8.00 a gallon. I don't remember Bush warning us that under his administration that prices would "necessarily skyrocket".

Again, you can't get away with this. Maybe you can peddle these lies to someone overseas but you cannot persuade us to forget the past 4 years. I wish I had a video recording of where I lived in 2008 compared to 2012. Its quite depressing.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Funny propaganda headline, what a load of B.S!

Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao

"America could be headed toward another Great Depression unless youth unemployment rates are drastically improved"
www.newsmax.com...

Here is a chart for you. How do you explain this?

Unemployment U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Public Data
edit on 6-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
BLS numbers have always been politically influenced IMHO. I personally don't trust the headline because it's often spin of the underlying data in one way or another. The source on the OP one of the poorer and entirely partisan attempts at that. It's pretty obvious. They aren't alone. There are plenty of people in either politics or finance doing that for a myriad of reasons. I feel like the two numbers that economist in politics, education, media, and finance BS the most on are inflation and employment rate. Those are two politically sensitive numbers that I believe are routinely massaged to show the best possible picture that is believable. Esoteric terms and adjustments like the BLS birth/death and "core" inflation (price of goods except food and energy) and the role they play in outcomes cannot be ignored even if you believe the headline.

I'll be the first to say I don't fully understand all the data that comes out in these reports.The MSM and Financial Media, the finance industry, and anyone who has anything to do with politics has an agenda when they publish stuff like this. I've found the best way to make real sense of these report is to find as many sources of no BS analysis as possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join